So, Veeky Forums, what's the best razor to shave with? What're you currently using and how many blades is too many?

So, Veeky Forums, what's the best razor to shave with? What're you currently using and how many blades is too many?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/mantic59
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gillette blue 2, fixed head. 2 blades.

any other poorfags here have experience with dollar shave club? how are the blades?

I've got a couple of antique straight razors, and a safety

I used to straights when I was a sperg and thought it would be fun, but the maintenance is too much trouble

The reason you are poor is because you do stupid shit like this. Just get a safety razor.

first day on a blue board?
is that way

Are two, three, four, or five blade razors best? My facial hair is thick as fuck and two blades takes too many passes. Worth going to three or four blades?

If you can get past the learning curve without bleeding out, shavettes take the best from both.

I dont shave because im not a girl or baby

Not really, if you're going to use a factory blade might as well just use a safety. Shavettes are good for precise trimming but there's really no point in using them for shaving unless you're one of those people who has to constantly announce that you (sort of) know how to shave with an open razor (even though it's not really that hard).

>I have no personal hygiene and I'm using 2012 fads to justify it

Can anyone recommend a body razor? Electronic ones are fine.

What are some good razors. I used an electric trimmer thing but it just gives me acne where I shave because it goes against the grain. Want something autistic like shaving with a bowie knife.

youtube.com/user/mantic59
Technique > Gear

People who say "oh but my face is SPESHUL" are like "muh genetics" ham planets

It's not your genetics, you just choose to not pay attention to your own actions, and blame everything else

how do you make shaving suck less
it fucking hurts
I'd been using an electric razor for a long time but I want a closer shave now and using an actual razor fucking sucks

well I got very supple and oily skin. My electric razor broke anyway so just asking what is recommended you div

Safety razor + feather blades. They are folded over 2 million times and can cut through adamantium

I use an Iwasaki kamisori, honed on a nakayama natural stone, stropped on a Kanayama cordovan strop. I use DR Harris Windsor soap which I lather with a Mühle Silvertip Fibre brush.

Safety razors (only 1 blade) are the the best imo, get decent blades and you'll get a close shave without fucking up your skin. Also pretty cost effective, and you know.. reduce litter, save the planet and shit

>SRP member fantasies: the post
Reality: You shave with a Merkur 34C using 7 O'Clock Poo in Loo blades, Proraso cream, and a Bath & Body Works synthetic brush

You want a timestamp?

Yes please

If you swear not to come back and go "haha, he cared enough to post a timestamp lol what a loser"

I promise, respect will be given
Of course, I cannot control the actions of others

deal

give me a few minutes

Most impressive

Internet respect for the confirmed patrician

Safety Razor and some Gillette Platinum blades atm, will probably switch to feathers though

>kamisori
>advanced_autism.jpg

How's the learning curve/when did you stop cutting up your face?

I cut my face probably the first 10-15 shaves. Never anything bad at all, just minute nicks.

I still do sometimes if my minds wanders while I shave. You need to have 100% attention to what you are doing. The corners are also not rounded, as you may have noticed, so that is something that will cause you trouble if you are not mindful.

But it's fun and it leaves a super smooth shave. I am glad that I made the purchase.

+1 Internet

I use a Merkur 34c w Personna blades, works pretty well for my needs, but I am just now getting to the point of needing to shave daily.

any safety razor recommendations for someone who's never used one before?

I buy the biggest cheapest pack of disposable 2 blade razors I can find and use whatever cheap shaving gel is on the shelf. Shave after a shower and go with the grain. Rinse off with some cool water and you're good. It's not rocket science

Impressive as fuck

As a guy who just got into shaving with a straight edge this month (have a Boker atm), you're my hero.

but how does one groom timelessly

Buzz cut and clean shaven/stubble

If you shave every day, you're right, actually a safety would give a more even shave.
If you don't, and let your beard grow out a bit, an open knife blade is the only way to shave, try it out!
The best of both worlds is to use both, a shavette to remove the mass, and a safety razor to clean up on the second pass.

shaving is just about the only place I don't try to be more aesthetic in
considered the safety razor but standard Gillette razors are too practical
shave everyday, thick growth btw

This beaut, hot towel, Jack Black shaving lube. That's it.

use a disposable one till it gets rusty

One blade is too many, let your mustache and beard grow out.

I love you. Please don't die. People like you make me want to be a better person.

haha, he cared enough to post a timestamp lol what a loser