Thoughts on harnesses, Veeky Forums?

Thoughts on harnesses, Veeky Forums?

I think this would be really fucking cool, but I can't find any in real leather. Would it have to be a custom job?

Don't.

Could be nice without a suit.

[spoiler]on a club for men with an interest in other men in leather[/spoiler]

it looks like part of a gimp suit. it probably comes with a matching ball gag.

if you want to be some dudes sissy gimp then by all means get one of these.

I'd be down with some shit that doesn't look like fetish gear

aw16 was a meh season dont even

>not wearing fetish gear as fashion accessory
Sure is 2015 in here

>current year
>not dressing exclusively in designer fetish gear

What was I thinking.
I'll order 3, thanks guys

Helmut Lang became well known for his subdued harness runway looks in the '90's and early '00's.
It can be pulled off as long as it's not too extreme.

stop with this helmut bondage meme

when did I say anything about bondage?
stop looking for shit to get upset about

really embarrassing tb h

whoops my bad. that was too hasty of me

could be nice without that ugly leather thing. it just doesn't belong there.

was it normal to have overweight models like this one in 2003?

In general theyre kind of dumb

However that one is great

One of the better homme plus collections in recent memory i usually don't like bringing up politics in fashion but this was tasteful and more escapist than say WVB's statements on immigration and the middle east

Am I the only one who sees this and thinks

>"wow this looks like some Castlevania shit what are you LARPing?"

Found the fatty
Go cry about beach bodies somewhere else

Your frame of reference isn't very good if you look at this and think castlevania

its actually very apolitical. rei doesn't like adding political statements and its usually critics misunderstanding her collections. simple historical examples can show this. for example, see the womenswear collection about the japanese flag (ss07) being thought of as a statement on japanese imperialism when i think that most critics actually misinterpreted her statements about the collection. another example is the widely memed collection of ss97 (body meets dress dress meets body) being interpreted as a feminist collection about body shapes and acceptance of all sizes. it was really just rei experimenting with volume. to add to that, she stated that she does not identify with the political movement. its mostly a function of the largely neoliberal critics who view everything through political lenses rather than formal ones. i cant blame them though as political critiques are quite easy especially as a critic is expected to push out about a dozen reviews per fashion week given a deadline. with a major brand such as cdgh+, further pressure is placed.

in terms of design, its an earlier womenswear collection (ss10) made into menswear. she has made better work in this decade. its decent at best.

The guy/outfit as a whole reminds me of the new Final Fantasy cast.

Dirk Bikkembergs 2015-2016 Fall Autumn Winter Mens Runway

has a few. A couple looks pretty good.

Harnesses are really cool, but on girls the implication is always bondage and on guys, well, the implication is that you love the matrix or that you're a nerd

Looks like fantasy armor that weebs would be into for cosplaying. Looks gay as hell on naked upper body though.

Ah that makes sense it was a womens piece i was sure i had seen similar before from comme but wasn't sure when

Hmm actually now that i think about tim blanks does seem to come up with alot of political angles to collections i guess im as guility as misinterpretation but, at least im not accusing rei of being an anti semite

tfw yakuza and need to protect my sword arm

yeah, its one of the reasons i avoid vogue or at least just use them for collection images.