Urban Techwear General

>What is techwear
Urban Techwear is the futuristic, dystopian aesthetic centered around living in a city-like environment. Enabling the wearer to liberating movements and functionality that a commuter through an urban jungle would need. This is not to be confused with the whole; technical clothing, which is based solely on providing functional attire. With this broad definition, it allows designers to skew on what shape technical clothing takes. To remember it simply, technical clothing is broad and doesn’t take any form, urban techwear is just the name of the branch that gives its shape.

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear
youtu.be/vhLzqAlt3FM
shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/coweight-merino-pullover-hoodie.html
youtu.be/gxN8RJE7FAE
0608.co.kr
instagram.com/p/BKBZxC-jmDe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old Thread:

Help contribute to the Veeky Forums to create guides to this aesthetic. It's currently only a stump at this moment and will continue to expand. Feel free to edit what you like to add value to the page.

tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

I love Yohji Yamamoto, however I don't find his Y-3 to he very attractive compared to his Avant Garde line, his shoes are great especially the triple black qasa. I still very much admire the mam and worship him: youtu.be/vhLzqAlt3FM

I can't wait anymore, the new release have to be close for ACRNM, right?

Yohji is one of my favorite designers and will forever will be. My end game plan is to cop Yohji and grow old in it.

In my mind many accessories like hats and backpacks should at least be waterproof if you're think weather the item functional aesthetic. For cheap backpacks I would look at Timbuk2, but personally I'll recommend Mission Workshop Rucksacks, much more expensive but they look so much better.

I hope to get an ACG jacket this winter if they have any good designs. How much do they usually go for?

Looking for some good mid layers to cop, sweaters, preferably hoodies. Acronym has one, but just looking for good looking alternatives before I decide on sinking in that much cash.

When is it going to drop? Their prices vary I remember their prices being at minimum around $200. And for anyone interested Nike Windrunner x Stone Island is going to drop very soon.

Those things I keep seeing on some peoples faces covering their mouths. What are those called? Where can I cop?

>futuristic

yes

>dystopian

N O
O

>Nike Windrunner x Stone Island
Looked nice until I saw it's $650

I have no idea. I recently noticed ACG and it looks so damn good.

All the previous Nike ACG/Stone Island collabs ended up in outlets and resold on eBay for less than retail.

Nigga we're already living in a cyberpunk dystopia.

Outlier just released a merino hoodie with a zipper and a pull over. However it's only available in black and price is I believe lower than Acronym.

shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/coweight-merino-pullover-hoodie.html

What about urban techwear that doesn't feel dystopian. Many brands use a futuristic, military, combat ready style that I evokes a situation where the environment would be very unpleasant and degraded.
For me it looks very baggy, the brown looks great though. Still not even going to consider it just because of that pricetag.

Is a rusted out 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums, techwear or is it more cyberpunk?

i dont get it
$200 for a shitty black hoodie
I have like 8 that maybe cost me $200 together

What makes this hoodie so expensive and other things on Outlier is that they use Merino wool. Which in the tuxbell guide is described its ability to
>ability to retain moisture directing it away from the users skin keeping you cool. It's also temperature sensitive, allowing it to keep you cool during the heat it can also change smartly to retain heat when the outside temperature is cold. To top it off with a bow, merino is also very durable and long lasting

my name is not important...

You didn't bother to look at what it was made from did you

Is this something that Yohji said... I looked up this phrase and I don't get what you're trying to say

wow

>Uniqlo x Theory
I copped the same, pretty cheap. Yours is all wrinkled. To be honest, desu. This doesn't look all that great.

>Wants techwear
>Doesn't want to overpay
You dont know where you're at m8

OK, all the AIRISM on Uniqlo are now out running low. How are the Heattech T-Shirts?

I got it guys. what can I do no

jesus qasas are shit. ive never seen them in a good fit
except one birthday posted a year or two ago

Take a seam ripper and take off the straps.

Nice cop, don't like the color. That's just my taste though.

Kinda reposting from previous thread

Been looking for a new winter jacket
I like having some extra pockets for EDC and I hate getting cold in this shitty wet and cold British weather. I don't mind having the same jacket for some years

Been eying this 5.11 Aggressor Parka. Love it for everything, especially the fleece liner, except the price @ 270 euro

Also seen the Jack Wolfskin North Country Jacket, although I fear it's not warm enough
If anyone has a better alternative, please share
youtu.be/gxN8RJE7FAE

Pic related, North Country Jacket
Don't like the logo on the front.

I really appreciate this style but all this shit is absurdly expensive for my broke college student ass
Is there anywhere i can cop stuff like this without selling my soul?
Pic unrelated but arousing

One place that I know of that's pretty cheap is 0608.co.kr although the site is in Korean and it won't ship anywhere outside South Korea you have to contact someone within to get them to ship over seas.

I have a wool Icebreaker full zip hoodie that someone left at my work and it's damned nice. Not sure how much they retail for but I'd recommend it.

ugh
that greentext isn't wrong, but fuck it's obnoxiously phrased
it's listing the basic properties of wool but using silly phrases like 'directing it away from the users skin', 'temperature sensitive', and 'change smartly'

Why not just say that wool is wicking and a natural temperature regulator?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make the change.

neck gaiter is what they're called.

You're awesome. I've been looking up mouth scarfs and things like that and noticed that hardly anything came up.

rate my fit

instagram post with the C.E mask on :

instagram.com/p/BKBZxC-jmDe/

Damn good fit, mind posting what you're wearing? Also, that cat is admiring you. Cute.

Im wearing
Cav empt
Mki
Guerrila group x2
Rick Owens

How's the quality on the MKI stuff? I wanna order a hoodie from them, but I don't want to pay close to 80 euros with shipping if the fabric is shit.

fucking shit sufu 2012 wannabe "streetwear" core
not funcitonal, not cool. just tryhard
nice pose too faggot, stageing a shot and then blurring your face. lmao.

Haha ikr? this faggot wore things that arent things that you like haha what a faggot
lets whine about it

i love techwear xD

This. Techwear is not for posers with Instagams. This dude is obviously not living the lifestyle.

That's pretty sugoi looking trenchcoat, desu.
What's its membrane.

Shit bruh, getting this mad over clothes?

why u so mad ?

quality is pretty decent for the price

lol, most of "techwear heads" are instagram posers

jesus christ what is your fucking problem

If you didn't know many urban techwear brands do have a street wear look. Still being functional.

Is Peak Performance ef/fa/y?

yes

wtf, I thought that was a shop until I found this.

What's the backstory of it ?

Errolson Hugh is a fan of Gibson, he describes his clothing with one of his quotes:
>"'Interface evolves towards transparency."

So, I guess this got out to William or Hugh got out to him and he started to wear Acronym.

Anyone reckon these could be incorporated into a techwear fit?

They're pretty much s.t.a.l.k.e.r pants.

That's so fucking cool.

Also I didn't know that chink was the founder of Acronym.

the boots are rick right?

Same, I just thought he was a model

bad
really really bad

i dont know if it is the lightning or anything but this looks p bad
too many shades of black as i see
looks like youre trying too hard...

w2c polo

didnt have a seam reaper so I made due with a a needle and a small pair of scissors

hey das p cool, what are you going to make?

wtf just get a milspec PCU L7 jacket and don't carry a ton of crap with you....what do you need tons of stuff in your pockets for, anyway
wallet, keys, phone, everything else in backpack

That's unironically... me. Who the fuck saved my fuccboi picture?

Was not aware of this brand, very nice looking stuff.

been thinking of doing something like pic related since 1000Deaths couldnt make that hoodie anymore plus missed out. BUt I felt that would be biting off him too much especially since he inspired to do all this.

but another idea I have is a hoodie with a zipper going all the way up the left sleeve, from cuff to shoulder seam, and putting 3 of the clips on the shoulder, elbow, and wrist areas. thinking of working on a prototype

be sure to post pics when its done!

pls respong ;_;

nope
what tech boils down to is milspec construction, good design, and good quality synthetic fabric
Ripstop
gore-tex
Polartec
Cordura

>want the tactical vests from this website
>own no other techwear and dont want to look like a school shooter anyway

thank you sir

def will
currently in the process of looking for a hoodie. thinking of getting a hoodie from Comfort Colors or just hitting up a thrift and praying I find a plain black one. After that go through the challenge of finding a zipper

Samefag. Hate all you want you will NEVER afford this fresh gear. Dickhead.

that's kinda fucky; a pullover hoodie with all of those edgy alterations

umm some of the best techwear fits i have seen are cheap ones. pure ACRNM fits and that guerrilla group mix that most superfuture kids go for looks awkward

i've been thinking of doing things inspired by 1000deaths as well. you're already awesome by going out of your way to experiment. would love to see whatever you create, amateur or otherwise :)

better than rotting in a chair and throwing money at X brand, which has been my summer so I feel a bit inclined to do it

nothing wrong with a DIY project, man; I just think you'll end up throwing away the hoodie lol

it may be good to start with something that's kinda "temporary" if you're just a beginner

thx for the support man, if I make significant progress ill put up my instagram

eh I wouldn't be surprised if I did, definitely gonna scrap it if I did because these pouches for the clips weren't cheap, so ill put them to use for another project so be the case

wow so functional
lol

This is so dumb. I hate this trend acronym created where tryhard, edgy modifications are cool because low self esteem kids want to stand out as different and be a special snowflake. It is completely against the techwear ethos.

Sadly true
This is what acronym has moved on to in its quest to be edgy and different
Looks like Veilance is the top dog now

yeah no shit unless you have an industrial sewing machine there's no reason to try and create techwear
if there's a bombing and the seams rip, this board will immediately meme that up with a "buy the real thing" angle

fuck this is embarrassing. is that dude like 40? hahah
imagine ur dad wearing this shit

if I wanted to be different then I would be dressing like a HBA model who went to monday night supper at Sahyne Olivers house, because I look up to Shayne/HBA since I love the femme appeal. Im just doing this project for fun with Acronym at the very back of mind. if it appeals to techwear then thats great I guess but for now it really isnt, at least for me tho

not bad to have fun unless im sitting at the goth kids table

I like HBA too but there's no way in hell I'd mix it with techwear. Maybe the boots but that's about it, I really like those.

>It is completely against the techwear ethos.
Can you elaborate

u either spending 4 digits on Acronym jackets or eating ass

I would never do that either, I just adore the vision behind it since Shayne Oliver is someone I can relate too (minus being gay (I think)).
Ive also been trying to hunt down a pair of Avalanche boots but all I find are upwards of 500$, plus rarely in my size