Pen Thread

Pen Thread

>What is your grail pen?

>What is the most expensive fountian pen you own?

>What is your favourite ink

>What pen do you use the most?

Grain pen is a pelikan m800 grand place, but I'll never spring for it. Currently have several m200s and an m400. Hbu op?

My grain is lamy 2000 black amber ltd edition because i am sucker for hooded nib

It is like a foreskin on the pen

Is there a board for pens? If so i would love it.

No, i dont think it would be very active anyway.

Use reddit or fountianpennetwork for dicussion

Or maybe more penmen will come out of the woodwork here on Veeky Forums

Looking at the thumbnail I thout there was a tiny fedora in the background

It could be if you want

>sailor 1911
>lameme al star
>noodler's squeteague
>jinhaos

yeah /r/fountainpens is great unlike the cancerous defaults

>I don't have a grail, I'm content with cheap Lamy pens. I guess a Pelikan M600 or M400 would be neat.

>Lamy Studio, it was a gift but I never really use it

>Noodler's Heart of Darkness, runner up is Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo

>Lamy Al-star

I sort of want to get something fancier with a bigger nib to use with cool colored inks, but I'm not really sure when the hell I would ever use it. A $25 pen I can throw around in my backpack without worrying about filled with blue or black ink is just so much more practical.

Take a look at pilot parallel. Very cheap and you can do gothic caligraphy/illumination with fancy inks in them

Double duty with highlighter ink

is this a place to post about mechanical pencils too?

Sure

Only if they're good. Sorry.

>implying any rotring isn't at least a solid 8/10

What is this? Looks similar to my Alvin.

Nothing wrong with pencils but STEM students why even are you on this board initially

Hello

The only pen you'll ever need

Dont you get hand cramps from using ballpoint? I cant stand them. Muji makes a well liked fountian pen with knurled aluminum section.

fountain pens are for tryhards

try to deny it faggot

Complaining about tryhards on a board deticated to improving the judgements of others through the power of consumer products is silly. FPs are really comfy to use as well, you should try it

i used fountain pens when i was in elementary
that's where they should stay

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck
Just the rollerball/ballpoint one. No fountain shit.

tell me a good, reasonably priced fountain pen for someone who has never used one but who is extremely interested

I love the m800 Spirit of Gaudi too. I buy exclusively Pelikan and can't wait for the m400 brown tortoise.

I mostly use Diamine and J Herbin for inks, but I want to pick up some Akkerman for the bottle.

What are your favorite stores and brands?

Pilot Metropolitan ~$15
Lamy Safari ~$30
Lamy Al-star ~$35

Pilot is Japanese and will therefore have slightly finer nibs, Lamy is German and will have fatter nibs. I would personally recommend an F nib unless you're planning on only writing on fancy thick paper, thicker nibs will just bleed straight through cheap paper.

Get small ink samples if you want to try different ones out. Or if you just want a bottle of plain blue or black ink that just werks then I would recommend Noodler's inks.

I dont know what any of that means

All three have good quality control:

Pilot metropolitan $15 - very "neutral" looking, comes with cartridge & converter for bottled ink. Nib made of legendary nippon steel

Lamy safari $25 - modern looking, writes broader than jap nibs in the pilot (good for colorful inks). Nibs interchangeable most Lamy models. German engineering. Lamy is german for "le meme"

Faber-castell loom $40
It has the smoothest steel nib ever. You could spend like $150 on one of these and not feel cheated.

Dont get china pens for your first one, (jinhao, hero, etc) they are good value but you need to know how to deal with the poor QC by tweaking the pen.

Nib is the pointy bit you touch to paper.

Fountain pen inks are water based and wider nibs will cause some inks to bleed through american paper

What part?

Nibs are the metal tip of the pen that you write with, if the nib is smaller it puts down less ink and makes a thinner line, if it's thicker it puts down more ink. The sizes are given letters: EF, F, M, B are the common sizes by increasing thickness.

Ink is what you put in a pen to write with.

Pilot metropolitan

Faber-castell LOOM

Post your pens

Why