How do you take care and "clean" dreadlocks?

How do you take care and "clean" dreadlocks?

u dont boi

idiot

to OP you have to be black

"clean" and "dreadlocks" are a contradiction.

dreadlocks are made by letting your negro hair become as oily and disgusting as possible, it is literally how they are made.

the gross dirty oily hair clumps up forming what is known as a deadlock.

You're thinking of free form dreads, if OP went to a salon and actually got them retwisted, it would be way more hygienic. Just moisturize your scalp, and try not to wash your dreads very often, it takes ages for them to dry.

>niggers
>clean

Even free form dreads don't have to be dirty you can still wash your hair. But yeah double up on your salon advice when I was locking my hair I washed weekly and went to the salon every 2 or 3 weeks to get them retwisted. My stylist didn't put any oil or wax into my locs just sat me at the bowl and washed my hair, twisted the new growth, pinned the newly twisted portion, oiled my scalp and sat me under the hair dryer. My hair was beautiful, made all the ol' natural hair cougar hoes try to put the 'grown grown' on me.

>dreadlocks are made by letting your negro hair become as oily and disgusting as possible, it is literally how they are made.
No, this is not literally how they are made, retard.

Black people hair doesn't get oily on its own. You have to apply oil to keep it healthy.
Be a faggot elsewhere.

Wash them like you would any other hair?

What a stupid reply. Do you even know what dreads are?

I love dreadlocks and african american culture, but the whole white guy with dreads joke is awkward. Will that ever not be a thing? Will white guys with dreads ever be Veeky Forums?

Yeah its fucking hair, use residue free shampoo

It's been really projected into society that whites can't get dreads, it's one of the many issues that comes with the whole subconscious racial stereotypes we have.

It'll probably be more acceptable and Veeky Forums a few decades or even longer from now when these things fade away.
All those I've seen get it usually get called out on it so it'd not be a safe idea

wash with residue free shampoo, dry as quickly as possible, palm-roll, twist, or crochet loose hairs and do an acv & baking soda rinse once in a while. other than that, basic hygiene. only moisturize the scalp.

Yeah retard, it's still hair, you wash it the same. Obviously more careful in certain areas

you do realise that white people with dreads isn't a recent phenomenon?

If you're not black, you can't because you literally have to let your hair become matted to even become "locs".

If you're black, use the usual oil/water routine, senpai.

>that pic
utterly disgusting

you're obviously talking out your ass
on this one

It has nothing to do with stereotypes, it really looks ugly and weird on whites.

Too easy :^)

>being this insecure about your small peepee

tint strands of hair out when I brush my hair, wash it or even run my hands through it. Is this dead hair or can anyone tell me why I'm worried I won't be able to grow my hair successfully.

tiny* or do those /bhg/ people know more about this stuff

I've never seen a group of people more insecure about their race. Talking to both of you faggots.

I had dreads, combed them out, left me with a fucking grocery bags worth of loose hair.

still came out looking fabulous as fuck, hair still on fleek

everybody loses hair when combing longer hair. it's normal. you wont get bald.

post pic