Was he right ?

Mostly yes.
What he says is basically realpolitik ante litteram.
There are some details you might disagree with, but the overarching ideas are pretty much unassailable.

I have such a hardon for marble sculptures. They look so immortal.

His ideas are correct for his time, but can gradually be taken less seriously with the passing of each generation.

That is not to say they aren't still applicable, but that merely the violence of political circumstances is on the decline, in general, and that technological advancements allows us now to focus more on how things "ought to be" than we used to.

He looks really smug so he probably knew something normies don't

>but that merely the violence of political circumstances is on the decline
Top kek. Only in the west, everywhere else politicians and activists still get murdered all the fucking time.

>was he right?

Prince or Discourses on Livy

Can't he just be summarized by saying "be pragmatic"? That's eternal.

Kinda, the approach to issues is pretty much that.
But he also makes several practical statements about governance, so that's got to be considered too.

But he makes them following his basic idea and aplying them to the reality of his time.

Yes, but this does not necessarily make them correct. Just because he starts from correct assumptions doesn't mean he can't make a mistake in his logic or overlook some factors.
Like the part about arming the people you conquered and living among them to engender loyalty. The fuck is that supposed to mean? Is a prince supposed to abandon his power base and put himself among shitloads of people with motive and means to kill him? See, I agree with being pragmatic. I agree that a prince needs the loyalty of his people. I'm not convinced with the means Niccolò auspicates.

ITT: people who've read the wiki page on Machiavelli and nothing else

>only in the west
>Veeky Forums giving a fuck about something not western
top kek

Veeky Forums never shuts the fuck up about China, Islam and Japan

But does Veeky Forums actually care about there politics in any way besides through memes? I think not.

You could say the same about the Western politics memes on here. Cut out the virtue signalling bullshit.

Honestly it's basically a more precise and diplomacy orientated Art of War.

I.e groundbreaking for statesmen who are in the 20th percentile of intelligence and the general barely literate class at the time, but commonsensical nowadays

Have you even read it?

What is 'it'? Good job at referencing something that literally isn't there you fucktard, could be anything in this context.

I've read half of art of war and realised I didnt need to

Yes, I have read the Prince and the first two copies of the discourse

Thanks for your patronising bullshit and a relevant counterargument

>Honestly it's a more precise
>referencing something that literally isn't there

Is your IQ about 80?