So today I went to a thrift and holy shit it sucked

So today I went to a thrift and holy shit it sucked.

Previous anons told me to come without expecting something but I was broke and spent 2hrs at stores not finding anything. So I went and the shirts war all shit (best I saw was some Aeropostale shirt and probably a polo) seriously this fucking sucks, I went to a thrift in the ghetto and found better shit. All the people in the store looked like Veeky Forums fucktards too.

Summary: on youtube it looks cool but irl thrift stores fucking suck!

yeah goodwill and thrift is usually ass and most of their shit has stains or smells like shit

it is also embarrassing to be in there

stop being such a pussy, go in once or twice a month. you're bound to find something good eventually

You have to go thrifting more than once you retards. I live pretty close to NYC and there's so many good thrift stores it's a little easy, but the suburb I live in only has like 1 decent thrift that's only good a quarter of the time

I guess, I live in San Antonio
so it's pretty busy too.
I'll try every 2 weeks probably

Why is it embarrassing? A lot of people in there are either young in there early 20s or teenagers.

9/10 times you go thrifting you won't find anything good. Those people who wear great all thrift outfits everyday go thrifting all the time and they tailor their shit at home.

Can't say I feel your pain.. local thrifts here (Miami) are the bomb diggity. Goodwill has tons of shit, if they don't, Red White and Blue has tons n tons of shit, you could be there all day getting bored of all the options.

There's always Ross or DD's discount if thrifts don't work out.

That blows. I went thrifting the past two days and picked up 7 things I was satisfied with (one of which is a pair of pants that my local tailor has right now).

1/5

2/5

I usually shop at Ross or at the mall but I only really like thrifts for jerseys or classic shirts and just get my pants at the mall.

thrift cops recently have been some chelsea boots from BR that are actually pretty nice, a new patagonia jacket, and some brooks brothers polos and button downs, etc
just look around m80

3/5

4/5

You don't just go randomly. You look for sale days at thrifts and special events. Mine this weekend is having a vintage and designer sale where they are bringing out all the nice shit they've saved.

5/5

nice finds. I also mostly find jackets and basic shit when at thrifts. You just gotta find a good purpose for it all.

I'd feel a little awkward buying anything else other than jackets and shirts. The pants I bought were a huge leap out of my comfort zone. Even shirts, I sometimes feel, are too personal.

The more often you go, the more things you will find. Go to thrift shops, consignment shops and vintage clothing stores. Don't stick to just your town or city, go out an explore. Thrifting is not only shopping but fun too. Especially when you go with other people.

It sounds like you're making it a chore. You need to get more loose with it. As corny as it sounds, you can make it an adventure. You might even find a holy grail!

You're never gonna have a 100% succession rate. You've got to keep trying. I'm not saying go everyday but go often enough to where they can recognize you. The owner might even start watching out for certain prices you might like.

Thanks user also I feel like goodwills are just trash though.

Yeah I feel scared of buying pants and hats from the thrift

Goodwill is generally just things people were going to throw out but decided they wanted to feel like they were doing something good. Still, worth checking out, maybe not as often as your standard vintage/thrift store, but still every now and then.

Oh god I would never, in a million years, purchase a hat used. I care too much about my hair to do that. Places like Salvation army will usually get hats that are brand new, have multiples of, and are made specifically for thrift stores, but I'd still feel dirty wearing them.

Yeah I feel like The only thing worse than wearing a used hate is wearing thifted underwear and socks (too fucking risky)

these i found nearby at goodwill

>I live in San Antonio
You up for a suicide pact?

>wearing other people's used clothes
gross

Hmm maybe
All clothes are manufactured in a dirty room with a sick kid touching it, as long it's not a underwear or sock you could still clean it.