Tell me about the -stan countries, Veeky Forums

tell me about the -stan countries, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNJS2-Zv-Tc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Farabi
youtube.com/watch?v=pIkurFloebs
youtube.com/watch?v=4jUdMOY_9Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=PQGO1YsByyg
youtube.com/watch?v=iVYIy2kKLlA&ebc=ANyPxKqjggUZhk_56N_MjnTxgDN4NMnOZveb2IGUHNWVMnIJH-vryESxqAqGgmxQK9VRGO7YGByLADl1XIrCrYBmBk2IuMOmow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kazakhs = Mongols
Uzbeks = Mongols
Turkmens = Turks / Mongols
Kyrgyzes = Mongols
Tajiks = Gypsies
Afghans = Gypsies

What does the -stan fix mean?

'Land of the' I think so Kazhakstan= Land of the Kazhaks

I thought Tajiks were Persians

Same thing.

They're a weird mix of Mongols, Turks, Perisans and Russians.

Posted for relevance.

Golovkin isn't ethnically Kazakh actually. His dad is Russian and his mom is Korean.

>Kazakhstan
the same dictator for the last 27 years
>Uzbekistan
the same dictator for the last 27 years
>Tajikistan
the same dictator for the last 22 years
>Turkemistan
the same dictator for the last 9 years (but still my favorite)

Shit I forgot about that.

Why are people from the former USSR so strong?

They have great flags

They kind of always had a great boxing school but nobody in the west really knew because they weren't allowed to participate in pro boxing.

bydlo mentality

Turkmenistan is literally a North Korea minus nukes.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNJS2-Zv-Tc

>1:48
>using a film camera
What the fuck?

>Aral sea
Too soon

Great nutrition contrary to western lies.

-stan has a Indo-European origin and is very common in Persian names meaning "place of" or just "country". We have the root in German aswell, "Stand" (place, location) or "Stadt" (city) and many other Indo-European languages aswell.

well, turks are actually in the mongolic family

and tajiks, afgans became heavily mixed with arabs, mongols, and indians (romas) who migrated north from india in large numbers during the roma migrations

When did my beloved America become so shitty at nutrition?

Not even trolling. My parents come from south america but both taught me to eat a well balanced diet.

I would like to visit some time

I find Kyrgyzstan fascinating, as it's a good model for how revolutions that actually remove the old government normally go. Some success, some failure, and a lot of confusion.

>Kazakhstan
More like Chinkstan

Google 'Shanghai Cooperation Organisation'.

Also, capitalism.

That one token white guy

Why are people from Afghanistan called Afghani but people from Pakistan are called Pakistani?

I thought they were called pakis.

Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz, and Turkmens are Turkic, you Mong.

They're called pakis. Just like Tajiks and Uzbeks and Kazheks

Like Afhghanistan literally means "The Place of Afghans"

>lel upvoted!!! xd
stupid post

Tbh turkics were one of the greatest civilizations on earth, but eurocentrist historical revisionism and comme colonialism were successful in slandering and silencing them into obscurity.

>Turkics
>Civilization

They were literal horse niggers, name one turkic philosopher or scientist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Farabi

Al-Kwharizmi?

Also Turkics can into civilization. As evidenced by all those Middle Eastern states ruled by mostly Turkic cunts from 1000's AD to 1800's.

Meanwhile what to do Mongols get? An empire that lasted barely a century.

>Meanwhile what to do Mongols get? An empire that lasted barely a century.
And consisted mainly of central asian turkics, while also being heavily turkified.

Temujin changed his mongol name to the turkic Genghish for fuck's sake.

> name one turkic philosopher or scientist.
Hodja Nasreddin

> Doesn't know that Samarkand was one of the cultural capitals of the medieval world.

Stay dumb pleb

I'm pretty sure that Paki is not an actual ethnicity and was just some acronym thing that the Brits bullshitted, calling someone a Paki is actually incredibly offensive apparently.

I heard Kyrgyzstan has a lot of corruption and Kazakhstan is the place to get jobs/the booming economic hub of the region.

I don't know shit about this area of the world though aside from these things I heard (from some person's travelogue). Also jesus christ, Kazakhstan is huge.

I was making a joge.

Because pakistan is an invented name formed by the actual nations inside pakistan. Punjab Afghanistan Kashmir Sindh baluchISTAN.

Afghanistan on the other hand just means "place of afghans". Afghanistan comes from afghani, not the other way around.

I've heard this too. I've also heard that the -stan countries are really defined by Russia. Like Kazakhstan has made a point of claiming the space center for themselves, and is trying to Latinize their alphabet so that Russia can't claim they're Slavic.

It's an acronym for Punjab, Afghan, Kashmir, Baluchistan.

It was coined by the pakis iirc, not the brits. And paki is only a pejorative because that's how a word used to describe Pakistani people naturally ends up once you get to the part where you actually start descrobing them.

Paki means pure you mongoloid, Pakistan means Land of the Pure

It was and still is a mainly tajik city, though.

Yeah the travelogue I read said that Russian was kind of like a lingua franca of the region. Makes sense because of the Soviet domination.

The manage to be some of the only muslims on Earth who don't chimpout and bomb the West excluding Afghan and Paki

That's just because they looked for an acronym that looked fancy.

Islamism is growing in Uzbekistan though.

They can't claim they're slavic since kazakhs are 100% mongoloid looking.

It's just that the kazakh language was forcibly converted into cyrillic alphabet and most notably, all the sounds that are present in russian but NOT present in kazakh were added to the kazakh alphabet, and all the loanwords would be written just as they appear in russian, with no assimilation to the kazakh language. Which means that the language has no immunity from the influence of the russian cultural sphere. The conversion to latin was supposed to remedy that, but it was not carried through to avoid tensions with russia.

On the bright side, learning all those european sounds really helped me with my English accent :^)

Samarkand looks so cool. I get all these historical feels when looking at this city.

Kek not even steppe people want to considered slavic

God damn look at these patterns.
Taj mahal looks like shit compared to this desu.

Does someone know how safe is Uzbekistan? Loved Iran and it looks like Uzbekistan has a similar architecture, but I'm afraid it could be probably less safe.

>Why are people from Afghanistan called Afghani

We aren't, Afghani is our unit of currency, we are called "Afghan".

>tajiks
>afghans
>heavily mixed with Arabs
Wrong
>Mongols
Wrong
>and Indians (romas)
Wrong.

>Al-Khwarizimi
>Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī[note 1] (Arabic: محمد بن موسى الخوارزمی; c.780 – c.850) (Arabic pronunciation: [ælxɑːræzmiː]), formerly Latinized as Algoritmi,[note 2] was a Persian[3] mathematician, astronomer and geographer during the Abbasid Caliphate, a scholar in the House of Wisdom in Baghdad.

Afghanistan and Tajikistan are Iranian countries. Pakistan is partly Iranian as well. The rest are Turkic. Largely due to displacement in the 10th to 14th centuries by Turkic and Mongolic Steppe peoples, the native Iranian stock of the region changed to a Mongoloid one.

In Indo-European languages, but most especially in Indo-Iranian branches like Persian: "stan" means land of or place of. Hence why Persians were calling India traditionally "Hindustan" or Scythia as "Sakestan".

This has more to do with soviet influences and strong-man dictators than anything. They are more 'nominal' muslim than anything.

>Turks
Turkics.
>Tajiks
Turkics and Persians.
>Afghans
Largely their own thing with Persian admixture + a bit of Turkics

And everyone has a bit of ancient Siberian/Indo Aryan sprinkled in, the former due to Turkic migration.

Avicenna :^)

Africa-tier. Not safe at all. All currency has to be bought on the blackmarket which is necessarily sketchy, also security is bad.

They even call hospitals "bimarestan" (sickstan).

That's sad. Iran proved to be more safe than some european countries against all odds and I hoped other countries in the area would be similar despite the bad press.

In Dari we don't tBh

What's the word in dari?

Why are three regional variants of Persian; Pars/Fars, Dari, and Tajik treated as separate languages when all three are pretty much the same language and Arabic has far more differences (i.e. a Arabic speaker in Egypt would have issues with those in Yemen or Iraq when communicating with them) in its regional dialects yet isn't seen as sub language variants?

shava khana

I meant more that Kazakhs don't want to be part of the "Russian cultural sphere" more than that they had any racial similarity to Russians. At least in the past, Russia has gone to great lengths to find similarities between themselves and a region they want to conquer.

The difference between an dialect and a language is purely political.

It's always politics.

Sounds cute.

Kazakhstan already has a sizeable Russian minority in the North of the country and since it's basically bare steppe with no natural borders, it's already a potential source of problems. In fact, Russia has already started setting off some warning signs.

In a way thats basically making a Kazakh in a lab

So, safe if you're not a fucking idiot then?

I've read a book from a journalist who went there 2013. She was at some annual horse race (horses are to Turkmenistan as cows are to India). All the competitors were in the middle of the race, then the stupid dictator (who's originally a dentist. kek) came in to surprise everyone so the racers slowed down as to make him seem superior and to make him win. He fucking falls off his horse.

youtube.com/watch?v=pIkurFloebs

She filmed this and she managed to smuggle the SD card out.

Are you retarded?
Kazakhstan is the most pro-Russian of all -stans

>At least in the past, Russia has gone to great lengths to find similarities between themselves and a region they want to conquer.
Where in the past? Russian Empire conquered these lands for the same reasons other European countries conquered whole Africa, Americas, Australia and large part of Asia

Here is another dictator falling of a horse

youtube.com/watch?v=4jUdMOY_9Ho

I think you mean more that the Russian Empire went to great lengths and cost to fight the Ottoman Empire and Safavid Empire over the Caucasus and Central Asia.

I got some Kyrgyz stuff
The Kyrgyz people hold onto this legend of the original tribes there fighting off the mongols under the leadership of a rather old man named "Manas".
They loved him so much despite the eventual Mongol victory, they still pass down his legend through song today.

youtube.com/watch?v=PQGO1YsByyg

And a neat, retro movie - youtube.com/watch?v=iVYIy2kKLlA&ebc=ANyPxKqjggUZhk_56N_MjnTxgDN4NMnOZveb2IGUHNWVMnIJH-vryESxqAqGgmxQK9VRGO7YGByLADl1XIrCrYBmBk2IuMOmow

There is some cool horseback combat. Pretty sure one of the extras broke an arm in the battle scene. He fell HARD

Anyway, the history of the country itself is rather 'bland' when compared to its neighbors. Like China for example. However, the steppe region provided many warriors to every horde in history.

Many Kyrgyz would have served within the bulk of hordes moving through on their ways to ransack the rich, civilized neighbors.

depending on the region

western areas are becoming islamic, while eastern and northern that border with Russia directly are more cosmopolitan, southern provinces are becoming more nationalistic

> Kazakhstan already has a sizeable Russian minority in the North
Russians (and an assortment of other ethnicities) are sizeable minorities in EVERY region, i think 30%

In the 70s kazakhs have become minority in their own land due to virgin lands campaign encouraging relocating here and opening a flood of migrant from other soviet republic

after the collapse some families went back to "historical homeland", but some stayed because they're two generations in so why bother, especially because Russian state immigration policy is pretty shitty

Politically, maybe. All the government officials are former USSR party members and people in their circles.

The opinion of the people themselves is quite different in a lot of regions.

>A 2004 study also established that during the Bronze Age/Iron Age period, the majority of the population of Kazakhstan (part of the Andronovo culture during Bronze Age), was of west Eurasian origin (with mtDNA haplogroups such as U, H, HV, T, I and W), and that prior to the 13th–7th centuries BCE, all samples from Kazakhstan belonged to European lineages

Uh.....I'm pretty sure, if anything, a Eurocentrist would love the Turks, since the Turks were European in origin.

>Uh.....I'm pretty sure, if anything, a Eurocentrist would love the Turks, since the Turks were European in origin.
Only some of them were as the Turkics buttfucked and absorbed the Indo-Iranian tribes that were the original inhabitants of the area.

>Turkz was white!
>They genocided all the Indo-Europeans!
Stormniggers should get their shit straight.

>Turks
Turkics
>Turks were European in origin.
Lel what.

What do those bronze age civilizations have to do with the turkics, who first emerged in 6th century BC?

That's some eurocentrist historical revisionism right there.

> Afghans
> A nation

But it's true. Central Asia was white before Turks raped them to death. Now you have a bunch of hapas and Elliot Rogers running around.

Yeah, the people from Pakistan see themselves as various ethnic groups. Punjabi, Sindhi, Baluchi and Pashtun mainly.

Central Asia was largely Iranic before Turkic and Mongol encounters wiped out large Iranian populations or forced them to go westwards.

Why do stromfags always do this?

>a neanderthal once pooped on the shore of the yangtze river, all of chinese history belongs to the whites
>genghish khan was white
>buddha was white
>we wuz everything

That's exactly what I'm saying. The white Iranian populations were mostly wiped out.

Except there is actually strong evidence for whites living in Central Asia.

If he means by white that it was Indo-European and Caucasian, then he's not wrong. If he means like mother fucking Nordic white, then fuck no it wasn't.

I must irrigate all the water from the aral sea

t. retardo ruski

I'm referring to this
>>Uh.....I'm pretty sure, if anything, a Eurocentrist would love the Turks, since the Turks were European in origin.

What does that even mean?

This is absolutely hysterical.