Battle Jackets

Post some effay battle jackets.

what do they battle? hygiene?

Metal fans have possibly the most cringe worthy dress sense, there is absolutely no such thing as an effay battle jacket. Nobody cares what bands you like past middle school there is no reason to flaunt it.

>No such thing as an effay battle jacket
Um, excuse me? Clearly you're not familiar with South African Pattern 83 Battle Jackets.

It's not like they are trying to impress you

Other metalheads care.

You're thinking off the assumption that they're trying to impress you and your boring normcore friends, when they're in fact trying to impress each other with shit you don't understand.

When you realize that this assumption is bullshit, you'll stop cringing at what's only happening in your head.

not only is there dress sense shit, but their attitude is as well.

Something slightly out of the ordinary happens?
>hurr durr thats so metal xDDD slayer4lyfe!!

>Battle Jacket
>effay
Bakana

hey dude just a fyi :

trying to impress anybody at all is the antithesis of the metal spirit.

I see a lot of this bad at the shows I go to. It always cracks me up the "metal uniform" that must be worn. Even the non-conformists have their cliques.

My favorite guy in my local scene is a dude names Hugh who plays in a couple different bands and show up to shows with shorts on and a hawaiin shirt.

You don't understand the metal spirit.

Metal is a spectacle. It's not just free thinking and independence, it's the spectacle of free thinking and independence. It's free thinking and independence insofar as they're impressive. It's not hypocritical, it's just a little paradoxical on a surface level.

The goal isn't to avoid being a conformist, the goal is to make a show of non-conformity, even if you end up looking like the other non-conformists, because ultimately it doesn't matter as long as it looks cool.

If your Hugh guy looks cool in a hawaiian shirt then good for him, but if he doesn't, he's shitting on the metal spirit.

And to add to this: Metal is more tribal than it is non-conformistic, and there's nothing more laughable than a "metalhead" who's proud of not looking like a metalhead, because that's dumb as fuck.

>You don't understand the metal spirit.

Actually I do quite well. I have been a teenage metal kid. I am still a metal head 30 years later. I'm a content creator, play in several bands, and have played countless show, been on tour, etc. I was there in the 80's, and am still there now. I would say that I am quite qualified to discuss the "metal spirit".

Looking cool is subjective. I personally rock the typical look. Long hair, skinny jeans, graphic tees etc.. Then again, I also understand that I am conforming to a specific look, but it does serve me well because image counts when you are putting on a show.

Hugh doesn't look cool at all. I hate hawaiin shirts.

Ultimately, metal for me is about the music, but I can understand your point of view also.

If you understand my perspective, why don't you agree with my statements, and instead choose to condone Hugh's bullshit?

It's not bullshit. Like I said, I'm in it for the music, not the image, but they do go hand in hand.

Hugh makes very good music, which is ultimately what counts.

My anecdote about Hugh was just my own personal amusement at the silliness of "non-conformists" conforming within their own subset.

Triggered metal heads detected. Your cringey jacket and greasy unwashed hair is absolutely laughable and juvenile! I used to listen to metal and enjoy the music when I was like 13 because it was edgy. That's all the metal subculture is, a club for 13 year old edge lords! That and dads who hate the hip music of today because it's just noise.

>boring normcore friends
Haha, you really didn't mature past middle school did you? Metal heads all dress the same, THAT'S boring. Yawn!

this guy gets it, why do metal heads try to drag their shit taste into any irrelevant topic?

I know, right?

Just yesterday I saw a dozen toddlers wearing leather jackets and death metal shirts. It's really sad that so many grown men wear clothing that was originally designed for children.

>t. goofninja

The irony.

My 4 year old nephew recently got his first battlejacket. I love the kid but I wish he'd stop talking about how Deafheaven aren't real black metal every single time I go see him.

I know what you mean. I teach English to a chick and her little brother only just grew out of Dying Fetus and Cryptopsy. He's 7.

/thread

>!

kys