Urban Techwear General

>What is techwear
Urban Techwear is the futuristic, dystopian aesthetic centered around living in a city-like environment. Enabling the wearer to liberating movements and functionality that a commuter through an urban jungle would need. This is not to be confused with the whole; technical clothing, which is based solely on providing functional attire. With this broad definition, it allows designers to skew on what shape technical clothing takes. To remember it simply, technical clothing is broad and doesn’t take any form, urban techwear is just the name of the branch that gives its shape.

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
Help expand our new guide to Urban Techwear. Edit anything you see fit that will add value to the page.
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

acrnm.com/
discord.gg/xGMKu
pastebin.com/wknV0hA7
discord.gg/s58tce7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ACRNM's FW-1617 has now droppped
acrnm.com/

J43A-GT
NG5-AM
S18-BR
P24A-DS

Somebody should pick it up

J46-WS
S18-BR
P10A-CH

J50-S
P23TS-CH

J53TS-GT
P23TS-S
LF1-002

J56-GT
P23TS-CH

J57TS-SS
P24A-S

J58-WS
P24A-S

The shoes kill it...

LA7-DS
P24A-DS
LF1-ACR

NG5-AM

NG5-AK

S18-BR
P23TS-S

Some items are coming in October, everything else already got swept up by the masses. I'm no dissapointed though, I was never really a fan or looking foward for ACRNM anyway

I know somone mentioned that they'll be working on the Wiki, and I decided to hope in to. I'll add some stuff espically chaning the definination of Techwear to be more clearer for people.

bazoople

>wide hips
>tiddies

Here's a discord:

discord.gg/xGMKu

Sounds like me, expect I'm not asian. So that's three strikes on my part.

Awesome, will add it in the OP next thread.

ok guys im back
and I have my next idea

I call it Tacti-bread

This thread is basically dead now

Gore-tex or..?
How so?

Thanks yo. it's still a small channel with not a lot of people but hopefully it'll grow into a good resource.

Anyone know where to get a good neck gaitier that doesn't cost 178 Euros

use a banadana? or ebay has a lot of cheap ones

damn this is really really bad

These are my favorites

This is pretty cool, an all Adidas/Y3 techwear fit. Nice to see something different than Nike/Veilance/ACRNM.

this thread needs inspo

and please god not something from danii or any of the tryhards on supertechwear

Question: Is athletic gear be considered techwear?

This. Last thread was a cringe thread not a techwear thread.

What happened to the pastebin anyway? That was good info.

Here you go user: pastebin.com/wknV0hA7

thx

What's everyone think of the new ACRNM launch? I like it but it's out of my price range.

I like it. Good thing I've been camwhoring like crazy to afford it.

i know ur kidding but we need some hot chicks in acrnm inspo for... umm... science

Acronym got pricier this season real hard.
I wonder if they're chaging more because they want to expand, Errolson said he'd like to in an interview.

is techwear for rich people only?
w2c slim cargos that are not hm nor acronym?
I need something in between

Probably look towards maharishi for a starting point

From reddit

would be good without the fuckin supreme cap, it's refreshing to see a clear example of why reddit is awful. it's taken a good style and added a little bit of that classic "reddit" culture [[Supreme]] and ruined a fit.

nice photo. nice to see something new too. which subreddit is it from?

but what if it rains?

What's wrong with Supreme?

have you seen their recent designs? nothing wrong with the hat but when it carries that brand name it's embarrassing. not to mention the fanbase is entirely 16year old pot heads

discord.gg/s58tce7

Here's a more permanent link to access the techwear discord. Won't ever expire.

it'a from MFA lol

people from /r/malefashion and /r/streetwear usually post in mfa waywt

I honestly hate the word techninja, what other words would you use to describe brnads like Acronym, Adidas, etc.

Just updated the wiki with the a better introuction and brand lists of the pastebin, haven't looked over the discriptions all to much, just copied and pasted. Would add more, remove, and edit once I review it closely

Wiki is looking good user

I agree, the hat goes okay with the fit, but supreme just doesn't go with the aesthetic

techninja is a semi-pejorative term for image related

Could green cargos like this be put in a tech fit?

Yeah green is good, makes a change from the usual all black

just id'd these flyknits, pretty excited

How do I into techwear as a poorfag? I already have a nice black northface shell that wasn't too expensive, so things I'm looking for are pants and base layers. I was looking at uniqlo but they don't ship to Canada unfortunately.

Nike has some nice options for cheap (under $100) but if you want to shell out they have some great jackets and woven pants in the $100-$200 range.

Thanks, really appreciate it. Wish more people would hope on and help.

I think gyakusou is missing from the nike section, it could probably have its own section though.

If it was in the pastebin, I probably missed it. I do plan on seperating the nike section into its catagoreis like ACG,gyakusou, etc. Like I don with Arc'Teryx Veilance and Leaf

Ah cool, good work!

damn... nice.. id on those shoes?

yeah, seriously.. why doesn't he get better models? he shouldn't be posing ffs

Si:sp slip-on boots, I think

Hate that ACRNM doesn't ID items they dont sell

w2c these fuckin pants i can never get an answer

>Si:sp slip-on boots
god, they're so dope.

thanks

Guerilla group probably

Use a buff

these are ugly as hell. looks like roshes

Thoughts on these new UA boots?

doing my best to not sound antagonistic but how many of you actually buy the clothing and dont just post the same few photos over and over while lauding over them because you think its "aesthetic"

probs same ratio as any other thread for a certain look

I buy into some of it, I'm not going for the techninja look though, some of the cuts for pants are great for wearing day to day because of the way they move it makes them great for being on a bike or behind a desk or in the lab

i disagree when the rick generals were a thing there were a decent amount of people posting who owned rick pieces
i see plenty of people talking about yohji/ann d/etc who own pieces from those respective designers
but the majority of the time i see techwear posted its the same handful of pictures that have been circulated on peoples monochrome cyberpunk tumblrs reblogged after some bad synthwave song

I like the style and I run so it just kind of "fits" for me so I cop what I can afford. I just copped two pairs of these nike running pants on sale for $55 luckily, sweat wicking, 3m, 4 zip pockets, very comfy, probably wont be warm enough for winter runs though.

maybe because techwear inspo tends to be really good with great photography, high end garments and outdoor environments, so people in cheaper fits with only a phone to take a mirror selfie feel that there isnt much point taking a pic since the inspo is much better

that is unlike SLP rick threads where its mostly mirror selfies and the inspo is mostly from runways and instagram street styles, and the clothing is all the same brand so less differentiation between what is "good" and not. techwear on the other hand can range from full ACRNM to like surplus mixed with walmart crap

just my idea why that happens

I like these

see

W2c they jacket

looks nice man
i'd go one step further and black out the swoosh with a sharpie
full stealth

What are the advantges of Flyknits? Why are they so popular

light and breathable, hard wearing
the texture is a nice alternative to leather or polyester mesh

Also inexpensive.

yea and more sustainable too. iirc most flyknits are made from a single strand of recycled polyester woven by a big machine into the upper, which is then glued to the sole

>reducing labor costs and time
>still costs more

they also dry almost instantly if you get them wet.

differences in manufacturing costs versus the marketing price sold to the consumer. more profit for nike
id like to get some unbranded chinese flyknit sneakers. there are fakes out there and u can see the machines that weave the shoes for sale on alibaba. i think theyd be a cool disposable shoe for tech fits and without nike branding would look pretty nice

post brand power rankings:
osti era stone island and cp company > aitor throup = final home > veilance >>>>>>>> acronym > guerilla group

Canvas Down Jacket

id put veilance over final home. i like final home buts its quality is worse than nike. its like superdry or some other mall brand

What are some boots that fit within the techwear aesthetic that are also functional? I was thinking Nike SFBs, but they're not waterproof so I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better alternative.

acg has a lot of functional sneaker boots. they are all over ebay and outlets for cheap. proper ACG not the recent nikelab tech stuff.

ACG Lunardomes would look cool in a tech fit I think.

Just copped these