Boot choice

I want to get a boot for the colder months, and I've narrowed down my decision to a pair of doc martens, and some Austrian surplus boots (pic related). I really like the surplus boots, but they're used, and docs would go with more outfits. Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-AUSTRIAN-PARA-BOOTS-PARATROOPER-BOOT-VINTAGE-ARMY-SURPLUS-GRADE-1-/121848329614?var=&hash=item1c5eb9f58e:m:myzBogBE8SRwR_YzFqPTEfg
grailed.com/listings/711798-Wolverine-Montague
drmartens.com/us/p/originals-boots-smooth-1460
ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-AUSTRIAN-PARA-BOOTS-PARATROOPER-BOOT-VINTAGE-ARMY-SURPLUS-GRADE-1-/301733930374?var=&hash=item4640be6586:m:myzBogBE8SRwR_YzFqPTEfg
ebay.de/itm/222217254405?rmvSB=true
solovair-shoes.com/product/11-eye-derby-boot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cheaper alternative to these?

Are you asking if there's a cheaper alternative, or is that a suggestion?

Asking for an alternative, sorry haha

I can vouch for the quality of the boot in your pic OP.
Personally I think the quality of Dr Martens is garbage for what you pay for them.
on the standard model the leather is like plastic, and will never really soften. Everyone I know who has them has said they hurt their feet

Is there a poorfag alternative to this kind of boot? I don't like Docs

Interesting. How's the quality and comfort of the Austrian boots?

>I don't like Docs
Why do you want a boot that looks exactly the same as them then? Just get the mono docs

I've seen both in person and Docs are chunkier and the sole looks bad imo

I like them. The leather is nice and soft and feels like it will age well.
Comfort is fine, although swapping the insole was an absolute must for my pair anyway, the existing one was a dried out peice of leather that was as hard as wood and moved around in the shoe even when you wore them. I swapped that out in day one and haven't had a problem.

Mine fit pretty well to size but there is a little room in them to accomodate proper boot socks as you'd expect. I've been wearing them with normal socks though and not had any discomfort.

As for worrying about them being worn, I can see how that would bother some people, I bought mine grade 1 and they were clearly worn but in good condition, to be honest they looked like they would with a few weeks of wear if i had bought them brand new. There's just the advantage of not having to break them in

forgot pic

Oh hey, I got the idea of getting the boots from your thread. If you got any cool fits with them, dump, just so I know what can be done with these. Much appreciated

You have to earn your docs, they're the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn

a1923 or guidi?

All I got is the three I already posted with them. I've yet to see anyone else wearing these in inspo pics unfortanately
pics are on luttelhart.tumblr.com

How long does shipping from the UK take? I'm assuming you're in the US, but I ordered them from the link you posted on the 13th and I'm wondering when I should begin to expect them. They shipped the same day.

Well, thanks anyway. These have a lot of promise. I'm getting them, wish me luck

No I'm from the UK also. It took around a week for mine if I remember rightly

no problem, post pics when you get them

share link pls, how do they size?

It'll take around 2-3 weeks, so don't expect anything soon

ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-AUSTRIAN-PARA-BOOTS-PARATROOPER-BOOT-VINTAGE-ARMY-SURPLUS-GRADE-1-/121848329614?var=&hash=item1c5eb9f58e:m:myzBogBE8SRwR_YzFqPTEfg

he says they're pretty TTS, mine haven't arrived yet.

grailed.com/listings/711798-Wolverine-Montague

There's a difference between breaking in your boots, and the boot breaking in your feet user. Docs do the latter, and it's incredibly painful

Surplus is better quality, better price and better looking.

>eBay Pilotenstiefel vendors say they don't ship to aus

do you have to ask the seller about the shipping?
cause it says Europe / Germany only

Docs sole is hideous

Nice. Can you wear them done up loosely or do they come off?

What are some casual tasteful boots for all seasons?

I'm a tall arab guy with a beard btw

>been eyeing a pair of these for a long-ass time
>suddenly they are memed as hell
fug :DDD

Oh well, if you really like them, who cares if they're a meme. It just means some guy on a Mongolian basket weaving forum will judge you. If you really like it, and if you can pull it off, then nothing to worry about. Be happy, friend

I don't, just kinda funny to see suddenly people finding these.
They remind me of some of Ann D's boots which is why I like them and I could use a beater boot to give my more expensive boots time to dry and shit during winter.

i've never tried but you could probably just tie them below the speed hooks if you wanted them to have a loose look
>literally two or three people have them
>they're a meme now

any cheap alternatives?

how long will it take to get these in this condition?

>black docs
>almost a 1488 get

Oh man.... anyway to answer your question, longer than you would expect.

I would say these by Represent, but they have some details that maybe you would dislike.

Also, they are sold out by now, but, you know, just in case.

Can someone post a fit in these?

buy them from second hand.

Get them new.
Duh

luttelhart.tumblr.com

they look bad.

Not the same schuh.

i was in the austrian army
these boots are cold af in the winter believe me

DO they run small or large at all? I am a UK 11, should I just get them in 11?

I don't come on Veeky Forums, no interest in fashion, but I kind of wanted to ask about that and don't know where else to. I normally wear desert boots when I go out but I live in a rural-ish area so in the winter I have to wear my work boots. They're insulated and too big around so I can't wear skinny jeans with them or I have to roll them up, and they just look clunky in general (maybe because they're steel-toed idk). Would something like
>drmartens.com/us/p/originals-boots-smooth-1460
fit better or would they still look really big? Also are they fairly durable in wet weather? Any other options?

I know you are trying to push for your own thing, but saying that Doc Martens are uncomfortable is a blatant lie, they take a bit to break in ( like any other shoe really) and then they are super comfortable

Anyone know where to buy combat boots similar to pic?

I've always felt fashion brand boots are generally retarded because they won't hold up to anything boots are supposed to hold up to.

Danner boots are the best of both worlds. They've got combat boots, military boots (think nike SFB)

Plus they offer recrafting so you can keep your boots in top quality condition for decades

Pic related, what I'm considering getting.

>I know you are trying to push for your own thing
nope, i don't care to get other people to wear what I'm wearing I'm just giving advice
>but saying that Doc Martens are uncomfortable is a blatant lie
every single person I have ever met who owns the standard docs has complained of mild to extreme discomfort

will this type of boot look ok with black straight leg jeans?

I'm not the poster, but it's tan, so one would assume navy or any other dark blue would work

fuck no

>Danner boots
finally, something to look out for in stead of the fucking EU-unobtainable nike sfb

you will be thanked

I have yet to purchase a pair, waiting on some other things and hoping to try some on in person, but the reviews online are all excellent from both fashion people and outdoorsy people.

They can be pretty pricey, but the lower end boots are in the SFB price range and likely much better since they're made and designed by a boot company, not a sneaker company.

Tan will look fine with black jeans, depending on your taste. It can be a bit streetwear-y but I like how it looks. I don't wear straight leg jeans I don't know about that part but it should be fine.

Shia and the instagram fashion crowd wear skinny black jeans with the tan SFB's all the time so YMMV

>fucking EU-unobtainable nike sfb

Where are you from? Mine got here just fine.

mine are belleville army surplus, i actually got them for their durability and just dont want to look too awful dopey and i usually wear black straight leg levis

what do you guys think of these?

worth 350?
any similar alternatives?

How did you get your boots to look slim? I got mine the other day and when I wore them the toe box looks absolutely huge compared to your pics.

ID on these boots?
I'm pretty sure they're not red wings since they didn't make this model in black.

are harley boots meme?

you bought them on the nike website?

Netherlands, btw

Their styles are different, at that point you're not choosing quality, just design.

tfw 1460s and Chelseas get me through the winter in Australia. timbs suck balls

A

Are docs tts?

>does not ship to canada

I thought the same. I guess they just look narrower from the side

He said in the previous thread that he took a cm of rubber off the front of the soles since they stuck out compared to the rest, could be that..
Also those are 42, what size are yours?

Looking for some lowkey, black, non shiny boots.
Help me Veeky Forums I never wear boots.

bump

Belgium here.
Got them from USpatriottactical

EU 42/US 9

w2c?

nonono

w2c similar

urban outfitters has a pair like that right now for about $260

pre distressed, they look a lot like those

Alright OP here. I've pretty much decided on the Austrian boots, so now I want some inspo. If you guys have any outfits with docs or boots like the Austrian ones, please share

ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-AUSTRIAN-PARA-BOOTS-PARATROOPER-BOOT-VINTAGE-ARMY-SURPLUS-GRADE-1-/301733930374?var=&hash=item4640be6586:m:myzBogBE8SRwR_YzFqPTEfg

Same thing except they do ship to Canada

Subhuman countries can't get those
EU only

...or 2?

neither, those are gross. either get boots or snearkers, not some weird shit stuck in purgatory.

Agreed with the guy above, both are bad

can never go wrong with the classic timbs my guy

>ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-AUSTRIAN-PARA-BOOTS-PARATROOPER-BOOT-VINTAGE-ARMY-SURPLUS-GRADE-1-/121848329614?var=&hash=item1c5eb9f58e:m:myzBogBE8SRwR_YzFqPTEfg

Bought these from this seller, and they didn`t look anything like the ones on the picture. They were more chunky and a compleatly different boot.

My Bundeswehr Pilotenstiefel with the middle zipper removed.

pretty good, can you post a link?

ebay.de/itm/222217254405?rmvSB=true

Fits half a size big.

those always look great but you can't easily run with them because of the flat sole.

Would you mind post pic? and perhaps in larger sizes the boots look really chunky

about a year, mine look pretty much just like this.

thought i was going to cop mono 1460s but i think im going with these instead. thoughts?

solovair-shoes.com/product/11-eye-derby-boot/

contribooting

Classy, hard, one pair will endure at least 3 years, and they are warm

w2c some docs for the winter? which Veeky Forums?
I got mostly dark/black jeans to go with.
Are the marines a meme? Should I go with the safe choice of greasy black?

Solovair are much better quality than docs so yeah go for it.

The boot to wear this winter