Can an expensive pair of leather boots be worn both in and out of the office without being pretentious?

Can an expensive pair of leather boots be worn both in and out of the office without being pretentious?

Can you even wear something like pic related with a suit, or does it need something more casual like chinos?

The dress code at work is "business casual" although suits are not forbidden, just unusual unless there's a special reason.
But what if I go out with friends, could I ever wear something like this outside of the office?

Bump

Thanks m8

I love wearing boots because I'm flat footed but they really are good to have in a business casual setting if that's your thing. As for being pretentious? Who's going to call you out on it?

The last time I was wearing boots was during the mandatory military service

Everybody hated it because they were really uncomf but I was prepared and I had inner soles moulded for the shape of my foot (they're not that expensive to make) and the leather boots eventually broke in and then became extremely comfy and I'd stand watch in them for hours with no problems.

Smart. Any regular size shoe is uncomfortable for me now so a good pair of doc martens are goat for me. The curse of flat feet is real. My daughter has it too the poor thing.

My brother has flat fleet and he's a cook.
It may not seem like it but cooks stand for many hours and they're walking all over the place in the kitchen all the time.

He ended up having like a layer of tough leather under his feet.

Then he got moulded insoles made and never had to worry about it again. Really worth the money for him.
That's how I learned about it.

I'm going to look into those moulded insoles because I have the same leathery feeling under my feet. I thought about buying them before but they were too expensive (the ones I looked at).

Mine cost about 65 Euros but I asked for a discount

You can then put them in any shoe. I don't know about the fit though you should ask the people who make them they know better

Thanks senpai

I don't see the issue. They seem more casual than a pair of brogue shoes.

But would you ever wear brogues when going out with friends?

I guess it depends how your friends dress, my friends are all older than me but dress very casually.
I work long hours so when we go out I usually go straight after work, and I sometimes look out of place.

You peacocking bastard.

What does that mean? I just want to fit in

suits are strange, they have mysterious rules steeped in tradition.
with a sports coat and slacks, those boots would look great. with a suit, idk.

Twas a joke lad. Peacocking is a term used for overly flashy people. Why not just keep a pair of sneakers and a hoody if your worried about fitting into a casual setting.

Same situation, I've been thinking about Thursday boots. I looked at some of the reviews and they said the quality is not that good.

Anyone familiar with this brand?

I've never had any of their products, but a few months ago I bought a pair of Hugo Boss shoes and although they looked great at first, the soles are already starting to flake and the leather near the toes is already starting to wear out.

When I told a friend who knows about shoes, he told me to never buy expensive shoes from "fashion brands" and to always go for traditional leather shoe maker brands.

This is correct. I always go for Allen Edmonds when it comes to dress shoes or boots.

fashion brands like hugo boss, what's next? calvin klein boots? you wouldn't be having that problem with loubs or slp

Yes. Get a a pair of Chelsea boots. They van be worn as dress up or down. Frye are expensive but don't go cheap on boots. A good pair can last a decade. Just got these bad boys.

Can anyone post chelsea boots inspo ? or whool pants inspo

mfa pls go

where tf do you cop pants like that

all memes aside AE shoes are really an excellent introduction into high quality shoes. Alden may be better but allen edmonds has vastly better physical store presence and amazing customer service. even though now I mainly buy carmina, crocket & jones, or edward green, I still love me AE's

the tailor

Im jealous but im a size 12 so im always worried about shoes and especially boots looking off

I have a pair of these kind of boots in tan, much more versatile than the oxblood

ID on those or similar looking ones?

Get a dress boot like your pic OP. You should be fine.

Your wallet however...