Are watches the ugliest thing you can possible wear?

Are watches the ugliest thing you can possible wear?

It feels like you have a fit, sleek and looks good, and then there's a big hunk of obnoxious shit on your wrist throwing it off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x4obeqaxhRs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XU_2--tko
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clo/5791664085.html
maisonceladon.com/the-imperial.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I disagree, OP, I love watches:

youtube.com/watch?v=x4obeqaxhRs

Watches are the only universally acceptable jewelry you can wear as a man.

Also, they look cool as fuck if you're vascular.

Seeing as this is now an official watch thread, here's mine, although I've swapped the band to a nato strap now.

Why is your watch on the inside of your wrist

Steel bracelets tend to make the face end up there at times, because I can't stand them being too tight and digging into my skin all day.

This happens much more rarely now on the nato which I can wear more tightly with equal comfort, but it still happens once in a while.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I just thought it was an intentional stylistic choice haha

depending on the brand and styling, a watch will determine you wealth, maturity, and social class.

People who have a military background tends to wear it like that so the dial won't reflect light and compromise their location.

Also to avoid scratches/damage.

That's not true at all. Few people really care about watches. A few wealthy people will buy a random expensive watch, others won't bother.

None of my bosses wear watches, or have in the past, and they certainly make enough to be able to afford a good watch.

that was the gayest thing i've read in a good while

As somebody who wears their watch on the inside this really isn't completely true.
It experiences pretty much the same amount of wear one way or the other. And the whole giving away your position thing is bull; soldiers would wear them on the inside of their wrist so they could tell the time without letting go of their rifles.
Also it's very much a comfort thing. Some people find it more comfortable/easier to read that way.

>Are watches the ugliest thing you can possible wear?
>It feels like you have a fit, sleek and looks good, and then there's a big hunk of obnoxious shit on your wrist throwing it off.

Only if you buy shitty watches.

IF you buy decent tiempieces, like pic related, you'll have a great watch that won't make you look like a manchild.

Seeing as this is now a watch thread, is this Effay?

I'm also considering this

You didn't read what I said, did you? How many people wear watches doesn't effect the fact that a CEO of a major business is more likely to wear Patek Phillipe than a baby blue Casio G-Shock.

I'll restate it; your watch will determine your wealth, maturity, and social class.

Post a picture of someone wearing a Rolex and a supreme hoodie or a timex weekender and Jordan's.

if you don't like them don't wear them, but not all watches are obnoxious or chunky, just look at the F91W, its quite discrete

I work in an environment where a Rolex (or equivalent) is expected of anyone above the age of ~30 in order to prove they are successful.
And yet I find none of the Rolex watches attractive.

The only one I find acceptable is the Oyster Perpetual design, but I'm still not really in love with it.
Personally, I love the looks and the blue accents of the Casio Oceanus - but it's Casio and quartz, that's not acceptable in this circle.

I'm still 27 and I can't afford a Rolex yet, though.
I'm sure my taste will change over time and I will find them attractive purely because I'll feel I -have- to buy one as a status symbol.
I guess this is what happened to everybody else too.

rolex is the baby g for rich people. Its target group are people who know shit about watches but want to own an expensive one.

people mostly buy it because every one knows what a rolex is and they sort of all look the same so you can be sure that people will see the rolex, know it is a rolex and think "hey that guy has a rolex".

If you have the money for a high quality watch go for something like nomos, glashütte, IWC Schaffhausen, Omega, or A Lange & Sohn.

Getting a rolex is as much of a douche thing as leaving the last button on your blazer sleeves open.

The problem is that this is a case of making sure other people know what you're wearing, which is why everybody wears a Rolex.

I'm fairly convinced this is the only reason people buy them anymore.

My Breitling

A Rolex is very attainable. You can get a vintage date just for about $3300 CDN which is even less in you're in the USA

I got a Boss Watch. Have to recommend it. I got a white/silver dial and black leather armband. Cheap, good and solid. Very solid actually.

You're positively stupid.

The point you are trying to make is that X will determine the watch you're wearing, not the other way.

But even that is stupid.

In any case, it's pretty clear you're a teenager with no idea how actual people that are financially comfortable dress.

I was thinking of getting this as my next watch. I want to get a diver but I'm not really interest in Rolex. My only issue is all the fucking text they put on the dial.

inb4 Tudor is a poor man's Rolex

That's way too blue

Also comes in black which i would consider.

Get the previous model.

Here is an interesting watch. It is by Jaquet Droz.

Yeah less clutter on the dial. The only difference is the in house movement on the new version but who cares. Hopefully the prices on the previous model start to come down soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XU_2--tko

No. Don't buy an Hugo boss, Fossil, others commercial brands.

They're just overpriced for the quality of teh watch.

Exactly. I am surprised that people agreed on them. They are likely just licensed products.

Most people don't know better. Can't fault them really.

Hello fa,
call me a pleb but I have the opportunity to get good replicas for about 100€ a watch. There's a good selection I can buy from but I was considering either getting this

or this

or both actually, for that price

Hey guys I've being looking for a watch with this style for months. Help me out will ya

I just got my new SevenFriday V-Series Automatic! :D Anyone recomending any other nice affordable automatic brands?

just copped pic related today.

don't be a faggot just save your money for a real one

nice

As someone who has owned 3 Rolex watches in the past (Submariner, Day-Date & Explorer I), let me tell you that you shouldn't give a shit about what people think about you or your watch.

In fact there is no objective reason to spend a fortune on a watch that is less durable and exact than a cheap digital Casio, except if you're really into the mechanical aspect and/or want to wear something made of precious metals.

Also from my many years of experience wearing these watches, NOBODY gives a flying shit what you have on your wrist. 90% of all people will never take a look at your watch and won't notice it. The other 10% are divided between people who don't even know your watch is expensive and those who will think you're a pretentious asshole for wearing it. Only 1% will react positively towards you, and those are gold digger bitches. Trust me, wearing a Rolex will only attract people you do not want around you.

Don't waste your money.

These seat belt straps look pretty sweet

I feel naked if i don't wear a watch.

as someone in the military, I can tell you this - if you're wearing a shiny watch, you give not even .5 of a fuck if the face is in or out.

It's so you can check the time and hold a rifle/ gun. Any soldier worth their shit has something to cover their watch if they care about glare.

what about vintage rolex

Seiko 5

Nice. I was thinking about copping this one on amazon but I can't find it in a store to try it first, what is the girth of your wrists ?

Wearing the face inwards makes it easier to check the time while in firing position if you're using a rifle.

>don't give a shit what people think
>they will attract these kinds of wrong people and you should care about that

Just shut the fuck up

Is this a real Patel Philippe?

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clo/5791664085.html

>patel phillipe
please stfu pajeet

>broken English
>300 Dollaridoos
>Rolex on the back
Yeah probably a real Pajeet Philippe.

I'd say around 7 inches, maybe a bit less. It's a smaller watch compared to contemporary divers and such, but I prefer the more classic look anyway.

Here it is on the nato. I like it a bit less than the bracelet it comes with, but it's way more comfortable (although the cheap bracelet it comes with it is pretty comfortable for a steel bracelet, because it's thin and hallow-feeling).

And ugly as fuck.

>roleee
>jordans
What are you doing here?

What a piece of shit.

what watches do you own user

>inherited a patek from my father
>never wear it
>wear it once for a work event
>swarmed by some watch nerd from the physics department at the bar
>read arguments on the internet about it
>decided to put it back in the safety deposit box

I never really saw the point. I wear a Casio G-Shock if I'm exercising or doing something outdoors. Apart from that I'm not bothered. I'm open to arguments claiming otherwise, but for the vast majority of my time there's no point in me wearing it.

These are proper watches
>anything else is just shit

go go power rangers!

>ok

all bought by daddy

Maybe if you're a steampunk cosplaying faggot.

because epic military sniper style xDDDD

#menswear 2013

The date rape watch.

Not ALL watches are ugly
>I like this a lot

Fuck off jordans shill

it looks like a shitty gmt master II

dont get a watch inspired by another

i also have the same watch and some foamposite nikes. but i never dress like a hood rich piece of trash and wear them in the same outfit

DOPE
Specialy the chinese letters in the bottom
w2cop?

maisonceladon.com/the-imperial.html

Being hoodrich and ignant is the fun part

>nomos on the bottom of the list
Shame since I like their designs too

>a watch will determine you wealth
any nigger can blow their welfare check on bling
>maturity
an expensive watch won't make sure you pay your bills on time and hold down a good job
>and social class.
see 1 again

If you take this shit seriously you're probably a step away from a trilby

Am I effay yet? I love it unironically

Is Movado a meme? I love the design and wanted to get one of their Red Label Swiss mechanical

More liek No-vado

i dont see any reason to have a watch other than the weekender as a teacher

looks like the waxed seal my gran put on letters she would mail me.

FLEX ON THESE KIDS

>Getting a rolex is as much of a douche thing as leaving the last button on your blazer sleeves open.

t. people who recently got into watches and want to shit talk what is popular to show off their """IN-DEPTH""" knowledge of horology

yikes

>FALLOUTCORE
>DYSTOPIANFEEL
>POST-APOCALYPTIC AESTHETIC

that's pretty good senpai

>people still wear watches in an age where every faggot in the first world has a computer with a clock on it in their pocket

You guys just look like a bunch of tryhard homos to anybody with sense.

fake rolex

Always loved the Trans Ocean over the Navitimer

Almost copped this model before I saw the blue heritage chrono. Pic related, it's 3 years old now.

couple questions

Is Tissot a good brand?

Any similar style watches you'd recommend?

can you get an automatic watch for less than £200 that isn't a piece of shit?

Is a submariner /fa?

Tissot is a decent entry level Swiss brand.

My first automatic was pic related, a PR100. A good automatic for under $300, my only complaint about it though was the fact that the case back was a snap back and not a traditional screwdown. It just meant I had be more careful around water.

Buy a sleek watch then.
I'm a huge fan of Skagen watches (from Denmark) because they're thin and impeccably styled. I own 4 of them for different occasions. Watches are needed, but you don't have to wear a huge chunk of shit on your wrist.

Literally mk tier

the weekender is just so clean and modern looking with functionality