How to wear Dickies as someone who doesn't skateboard and doesn't want to look like a poser? Specifically...

How to wear Dickies as someone who doesn't skateboard and doesn't want to look like a poser? Specifically, what shoes would go well with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1SxNyxYutkg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Either sneakers or work boots like timberland

High top converse. But you'll still look like a poser though. Dickies work pants are very synonymous with underground skate scene(lurknyc and more....)

i was about to start a thread with that same pic yesterday. i love lurknyc for the skate vids and fashion. they are dapper as fuck. the highwater trend is amazing and i just found out it was a trend. i was doing that shit 2 years ago cause i liked it. as soon as i found out dickies were the brand i went and got 2 pairs hemmed up. what shoes would you reccomend for the navy blue dickies?

Well, shit. How about if I wear them with like brown desert boots or some shit. No skaters wear desert boots.

Start skateboarding. It's fun, good exercise, and is actually a lot easier than it looks. :)

It does look fun but eh I just like the dang pants

When the fuck did dickies become a skateboarding brand lmao?

Shit is for mexicans and white trash and is sold at walmart

Just wear chinos instead

>underground skate scene
is urban outfitters underground now? all you skatefags are so elitist

bend them real high so they know ur into internet fashion and not skating

>someone who doesn't skateboard and doesn't want to look like a poser

this is so nice fuck

i can't find any high waisted ones that fit like dickies

that's retarded, grow up

anyone can wear cheap blended work pants.

wear whatever you want, literally no one cares

work boots you fucking idiot

but they do care, theyll think im a poser!!

I think white works well with navy blue. Don't really feel that color though. Dark brown, Khaki and Black works best(if you don't have them already) and is what Sean Pablo and Stu Kirst(guy in photo) mostly wear.

I'm not sure, feel free to experiment though. I just think these pants work the most with converse one stars or high cut chuck taylors.

Fuck honestly who cares. Unless you stay in New York, chances of you running into people who knows of skate culture outside of Nyjah huston and Shake Junt shit to call you out is really low.

>Unless you stay in New York
I do tho

and I'm trying to avoid looking like im ripping skate culture in the first place. I guess it might not be possible with dickies.

Who is they and why do you give a shit what they think?

Combine with track pants for a 2/10 slav impersonation

Well if you really want them, nothing's stopping you. Or you could start skating if you really care that much. Nyc has some really cool people like Jesse Alba and Chris Millic. But you should care less about what people think and do what you feel like man.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about not caring too much about what people think. I just can't shake the feeling that I'd be giving off the impression of being someone I'm not. Kinda like wearing a band shirt of a band you don't like.

they're fucking pants

associated with a subculture..

how fucking old are you guys and where do you all live?

dickies just became 50% of the work pants guys i knew wore post high school.

Wear Chinos for dress down and khakis for dress up. Non of you faggot know shit about fashion. No Timberlands are not cool. Buy mens boots like Frye. Skateboard wear is and never will be effay. Funny how everyone on this board trys to act like they have fashion sense but recommend nigger and white trash trends.

> hurr durr buy walmart brands

Triggered much

Go back go watching alpha m. and Casey Neistat you boring elitist fag. No one here is old or rich enough to emulate a millionaire, middle age style so scram.

Dickies are primarily work pants you know.

Maybe skaters should be worried about plumbers and truck loaders calling them posers.

Those professions don't really give a flying fuck about fashion so... and Dickies have a skate team.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SxNyxYutkg

You can't skate in dickies cause the fabric has 0 stretch. Have fun hindering your ROM just because you want to look cool fucking poser

>You can't skate in dickies
>Replying to a post where they are literally fucking used to skate in.

>Non of you faggot know shit about fashion
and neither do you, apparently.
chinos and khakis, are you from the /prep/ threads or something?
there's more to life and pants.

If you're worried about looking like a skater then you should probably be more worried about graduating high school.

How is that related to anything? Kek. Why are you jocks who post on fa so obsessed about high school?

>jocks who post on fa

mods pls

If I dress like this will I also look like a poor hispanic male?

yes

looks like pajamas

>there are people who honestly care whether skatefags will call them posers
someone explain this phenomenon pls

"I must have it"

since the fucking early 2000s, are you serious man? They're cheap & durable; perfect for skaters.

But also for restaurant workers.

If you want to look like a skater you should leave and come back when you're 18. Skating is worse than being in a shitty band in your 20s.

Weird seeing dickies being worn so much by kids and seen as school. When I was in high school 5 years ago me and my group of friends totally went for the late 90's early 2000's PPP punk look.. Skate tees, overly gelled hair, baggy dickies shorts, high socks and vans shoes lol

So you just dressed like average white trash.

You're projecting extremely hard and quite frankly not making any sense. Maybe you're the one that needs to come back when you're 18.

I think you need to learn what projecting means before using it in a sentence.

B b b but it w was ironic so it's okay

>You can't skate in dickies cause the fabric has 0 stretch

Who the hell told you this? I'll give you that they limit your movement a FEW times but it's nothing that would screw your performance.

Skaters wear dickies because they are relatively cheap and resistant to the inevitable slams that you take.

I know this as I used to buy a couple every three months or so because I didn't really want to fuck my jeans.

Regarding OP's question, who gives a fuck? Workpants are not something that skaters strictly own, there are a lot of places where the uniform standard requires them due to the environment.

The only thing that I can tell you that will SURELY trigger them is wearing thrasher stuff. Ever since they dedicated a section to skaters during the fashion week a lot of people (especially basic bitches from what I've seen) are wearing them. That and skate brand stuff (Independent, Spitfire but a lot of people consider those corny so there's that.)

But other than that, just wear whatever you like.

they're fucking dickies...

Just got back in the thread. They're fucking pants, mechanics wear them, skaters wear them; it doesn't matter. It's literally fabric.

These two have a point. But to add on, unless you're doing any physically taxing activities weather it's skateboarding or fucking toilet plumbing you shouldn't wear them. How's wearing caterpillar boots and construction helmets for fashion?

construction helmets =/= plain trousers with a tiny easily removed workwear brand logo on the back

and people have been casually wearing boots like your pic for decades, in case you haven't noticed

learn how to skate

Nigger

Construction helmets and Dickies both have similar purposes, they're designed to be tough to protect the wearer from serious injuries and also cheap to be easily replaceable while doing physically taxing sports/jobs, if you're not doing any of those, you shouldn't wear those pants. Also anyone wearing caterpillars walking around their campus or malls as a fashion statement will look extremely retarded and will be a laughing stock.

>protect the wearer from serious injuries
8oz of fabric is not going to protect you from anything, that's a retarded analogy.

DESU, my only problem with dickies is how thin the belt loops are - basically it's either shoe laces or leather suit belts.

Dickies look fine with any basic shoe item (vans, converse, boots, flip-flop sandals...)

Sweaters with a collared shirt under or any T shirt with or without a flannel. Hoodies, zip up or not work fine too. Beanies and snapbacks also work.

Really, the whole point of dickies is that they're designed to be the most basic pair of pants or shorts a man can own, and that they will look find with any bland or basic articles of clothing... and with more stylized or interesting articles of clothing, the dickies fade away from noticability and emphasize the fancier/more interesting clothing article.

Plus, skaters often wear dickies because it's what they wear to work, and they literally just change shirts/shoes after work. Dickies require the attitude of giving no fucks about other peoples opinions in order to work.

Skateboarders, jobs like constructions are very susceptible to minor bruising either from falling from their boards or by construction tools/debris. A dickies work pants is ten times more likely to prevent those than say sweatpants, designer pants or cheap h&m/uniqlo pants.

The advantage you have with dickies is that they are quite cheap compared to a pair of jeans and like said, they protect you from the fall and usually require a handful of beatings before they start ripping apart.

You usually try to save as much as you can on clothing if you skate like everyday for a couple of hours. (My decks usually ate shit after a month and a half- 2 months or so, wheels 3 - 4 months~) add on top of that new shoes etc.

It gets quite expensive.

You do realize that Dickies weren't invented for skaters, right?

I can't Ollie man :( it's been one month and i can't Ollie decently. I'm learning tho

one month is nothing man. People take years to learn a kickflip. Its a grind and just like every sports ever requires dedication

this. they're fucking pants. no one is going to call you a poser

Does anyone have the webm of that cute latina in blue dickes dancing outside of a car?

I have several pairs of dickies joggers, I don't care if they aren't Veeky Forums anymore. They are comfy.