Why do I look so hot in the mirror but absolute dogshit in pictures?

Why do I look so hot in the mirror but absolute dogshit in pictures?

Help, I want to kill myself because of this

most likely you have a shitty lighting near the mirror and a decent one while taking a photo

and obvs due to shit light you can't see how ugly your face really is

lens and lighting and probably you have shitty self-confidence

No, that's not it. I just tested it.
Looked in the mirror and then made a selfie with the exact same lightning.

I know that feel

Try taking a picture of yourself in a 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums, you'll look fantastic every time!

Lens distortion due to FOV. People see you how you see yourself in the mirror (albeit reversed) and not how you look in photos, don't worry user

you actually think you look bad in pictures because you're far more used to seeing yourself in reverse

Are you sure, user??

No, it actually does have more to do with lenses.

Our brains have evolved to compensate for the distortion caused by our round eyes (hence why the tops and bottoms of walls don't look very curved if at all when you look straight at them)

Cameras do not and probably never will, thus your head looks narrower and your facial features will seem larger compared to the rest of your head

The most true-to-life way of seeing yourself in a photo is a photo taken with a telephoto lens from very far away, as it minimizes noticeable perspective

Yes, sweetie

why do you think chicks take thousands of selfies before picking one of them to post on their instagram?
its because they're looking for an angle which doesn't fuck up their face because of the lens

real instasluts are so far advanced that they already know where this said angle is so they don't have to do that

idk if that's true, but i choose to believe it. thanks user.

Thanks, you iust lifted a huge insecurity off my shoulders ;_;

It's one of those things I wish more people knew. It's such a huge source of insecurity :(

So many poor sad anons

Its the lense user chill

Oh god that 12mm one hits too close to home

sadly the guy looks like shit in all those

how did my man grow a shnoz like that

He was kill bill'd in a doorway

this is 100% correct
huawei p8 lite has such a shit fucking camera. everyone looks goofy as fuck in it because of the retarded fov

Why did I kek so hard because of this post?

Yeah i think most phone lenses are like that

whose mans is this

if it 'was' just the lens would you say
"thank god it wasn't me, just checking"

cause you might just give too much of a fuck.

This is how memes die

Yr such a sweetheart aw