Other than the flyovers and small towns, it seems like people are generally dressing better. Guys suits actually fit...

Other than the flyovers and small towns, it seems like people are generally dressing better. Guys suits actually fit, girls are over their jeans and riding boots trash.

It kind of makes me want to start dressing avant-garde/strange/"creative"/poorly.

Do any of you do this, or know what I mean?
What are some tips?
If i wear whacky stuff, is it better to go high-fashion b/c you can say 'it's fashion' or just go all out strange?

Why don't you just ask your dad for the attention you didn't get earlier?

yeah see this is what I'm trying to avoid. it is kinda fun to wear creative stuff, but is it possible to escape people thinking it is for attention? or it would be even good enough if it didn't get any attention if done the right way, a way I don't know how to yet.

How old are you?

Holy shit dude, your diction is like a teenage girl.

Anyway the only designer who's shit I would wear is yohji. But you need to be attractive and masculine or you will look stupid.

I need to get lean again but I keep drinking beer.

yes I've been told before my 'diction' is very childlike when I write informally lol.

Read more books.

Read Dune first. Fucking awsome book. Gave my copy to a recovering heroin addict.

well when I write formally my diction is very boring and strait-forward and to the point. but thanks for the suggestion user

Don't wear avantgarde after this age. If you can't pull it off whole life, you will end up looking like a joke.
Stay with safer options - some minimalism with Acne or Our Legacy, classic SLP look if you are anorexic enough or some other safe designers like Prada.
Wearing avantgarde after you pass 27 is only acceptable if you work in somebartsy field.

Just be attractive and you can wear whatever.

After 30 only if your community is artsy. Honestly nobody will take a 30 y.o man in op's laughing stock or vetements hoodie. Yohji is acceptable. You will need to cut some of your warderobe like casual sneakers anyway.

Fuck the police user, wear what you want. I would suggest reading design and fine art books for a little while and developing an understanding for what goes into interesting design and to understand more what things you find appealing that aren't considered "normal" before you go all in- that way you can define a look that you like that isn't just some designer's particular line of clothes. Think about it from your own creative point of view, rather just looking for pieces that look weird enough for you.

What do you mean by take?

Do you wear the same thing to work as you do around town?

can you recommend any books?

op here
for instance wearing pic related would be a pretty big nono in a lot of circles, and get a lot of 'you're doing it for attention,' but goddamn it I wish i wore that to lunch sometimes.

No, but I'm also young (23). But after you hit certain age it's harder to pull things off. People have careeres, families and so on, but walking around in 1000€ stuff you wore 10 years before won't look good anymore and due to more critique eventually to you as well. People at this age just have other priorities in life, telling somebody "I want to be effay" will have rather negative impact. I don't say you must throw you style away, but you have to restrain it and comfogure it to your new surrounding. I myself understand that someday my Undercover and Rick stuff must be parted with.
>t. process engineer in one of the biggest logistics firms there

If you live a boring picket fence life I guess.

literally why

lol ur a retard lmao xd

>People at this age just have other priorities in life

>I don't say you must throw you style away, but you have to restrain it and comfogure it to your new surrounding

Your priorities are the priorities you care about, not what other people say you should care about.

You don't have to restrain anything. Most of the "avant-garde" designers are over 30 themselves. What does the clothing you wear mean to you? Is it just a means to an end? Do you just buy your clothes to impress other people, or only to sway others opinions of you? Do you put any amount of yourself into your choices?

Sure, you won't always be the same person. A decade from now, or 5 years from now, you might not feel that Rick shit is right for you anymore. That is when you should stop. When you're ready to stop. Not because you hit an arbitrarily defined milestone.

>Read Dune first
My nigga. It's one of the greatest sci-fi books ever (if you could call it that).

what the fuck is up with this hogwarts-core fashion???

>read more books
>recommends trash for kids
lmao

Anyone got an ID on the shoes? They look interesting