Please help me get rid of my disgusting uneffay dandruff

I have very heavy dandruff that keeps me from being effay.

I can't get rid of after trying my best for over 5 years. I went to multiple doctors and used the meds they prescribed. They have said it's some kind of fungus, but none of the anti-fungus stuff helped at all.

I get like a 1mm thick layer of crusty dandruff in my scalp after not washing it and rubbing it off. It almost seems like some sort of skin disease. It also forms scabs somehow, which leak puss. I know it's fucking disgusting and it is really stopping me from being effay. It's fine as long as I shower every day and don't wear dark clothes. No one notices. But that's kind of restricting my choice in clothes and hairstyle.

What should I do? Anyone else have/had this problem? Any ideas what it could be?

Other urls found in this thread:

hairloss-research.org/nizoral.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic is not me, btw

I had it when I was younger, nothing worked and it got worse until getting a buzzcut and using head and shoulders shampoo for a few months got it fixed very easily.

Shampoo every other day and try an Argan Oil or Tea Tree Oil shampoo.

>Shampoo every other day
Fuck no. As a person who also has had pretty bad dandruff since I was a teen I can say that overwashing is horrible. Sure it gets rid of the flakes, but that's only a superficial fix. Shampoo dries up your scalp, resulting in more flaking, and in addition you get hooked to the chemicals that are supposed to calm down your scalp. If you wash that often, then skip a day or two you will have some fierce flare ups.

A good diet helps dandruff a lot. Eat balanced and avoid sugar like the devil some of the fungi that cause dandruff feed on it.

stop showering and using chemicals completely, i have been for 1 month and it isnt completely gone it shows up when i get stressed out, i use raw apple cider cinegar twice a week and essential oils

but it works trust me lol

Try Selsun Blue shampoo if you havent

I had some dandruff and it helped me a lot better than Head & Shoulders ever did

I've seen persistent dandruff cured by getting Canestan, that woman use in the vajayjay, put it on head, wear shower cap to bed

For me, after years of struggling with huge flakes and itchy head I've discovered its really 90% diet.

As long as I can stay away from SUGAR, cereal, chocolate, chips, ice cream, dairy in general, basically anything tasty in large doses, all while drinking lots of water, I'm good.

Otherwise I sometimes get it if my hair is sweaty for too long or I don't let it air dry long enough after a shower.

Selsun shampoo helps in the short term also, but I try to avoid it unless its urgent (the 2.5% zinc). I only have to use it if my diets been bad. Otherwise I just rinse my hair thoroughly with room temp water and occasionally use a sulfate free, etc. conditioner

Hope it makes a difference for you too.

Dandruff is a problem with the keratinization cycle. Dead skin cells collect together as flakes because the matrix that holds them doesnt break apart.

It hasnt been established whether the funguses commonly associated with dandruff are the cause of, or caused by, the dandruff.

There are known contributing factors like dry skin that can increase the dandruff.

Pine Tar soap has been used by many to help treat the condition. Pine tar has antifungal and anti microbrial properties. Additionally, really work the scalp to try and loosen dead skin cells, using an exfoliating scrub can help.

Anectdotally, when I met my husband he had the worst dandruff you can imagine.

After much persuading he started using pine tar soap to lather up his hair twice daily with a sprinkle of pumice powder to really help exfoliate the scalp. Scrubbing thoroughly and for a a decent while. After rinsing I had him apply a dallop of coconut oil and work it into his scalp and hair. Coconut oil is readily absorbed by the skin to help moisturize and has antifungal properties.

Once his nasty crusty flakes had been significantly improved I made him get a short cut and continue the treatment until the visible signs of irritation were gone. Finally I buzzed his hair short and BICd it smooth which caused significant irritation. The blade was scraping dead skin away and you could visibly see the skin material. He continued using pine tar and a little pumice twice daily.

When the irritation from the first shave was gone three days later he shaved again. Again this irritated his scalp and collected heavy amounts of skin cells in between the blades. He kept repeating this until he was shaving his head every night before bed. By that point his scalp was smooth and clear as a baby's bum and he stopped treatment except for the coconut oil to help moisturize.

After two months of a clear scalp with regular daily shaving he let his hair grow back out and he hasn't gotten dandruff again in 8yrs.

Protip: The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is a chemical.

I was no-poo for a couple of years, first I started waning off shampoo with the baking soda & water recipe then I stopped using anything completely. It was going pretty well, barely any noticeable dandruff etc. But at one point I flared up and was foolish enough to go back to head & shoulders.
I never tried the apple cider vinegar though. When do you apply? Some people suggest doing it after you leave the shower, some suggest to put some in your hair, sit for a while then rinse.

I get you moisturize with coconut oil, but doesn't washing twice daily with soap cause an overproduction of sebum?
Also, that's hell of a gamble, have any other examples of people who "healed" that way?

The reason that washing is associated with excess sebum production is the stripping of natural oils from the skin which triggers sebum production to moisturize.

Most other moisturizers do not actually work because they do not pentrate the skin, instead just sitting around on the surface blocking pores and collecting crud

Coconut oil however will readily be taken up and work into the skin matrix. Lauric acid also inhibits microbial growth.

His case was particularly bad. We're talking huge flakes that pussed when picked off. Shaving might not be neccasary.

The key is to remember that dandruff is the accumulation of dead skin cells that dont slough off because of a problem in the keratinization cycle.

Your goal is to help encourage the removal of dead skin.

Head and shoulders shampoo fixed my dandruff problem

crazy story, but yeah, that all sounds logical
I occasionally get dandruff and when I do I just use Neutrogena T-Gel (pine tar etc) for a few days and it goes away.

Coconut oil is godlike for so many things. I use it for hair and skin, it's the base of my homemade toothpaste, cook with it, good lube. Is there anything it can't do?

homemade toothpaste? tell me more please. coconut oil also works as an excellent make up remover

Seconding t gel. smells like ass but it works great. also exfoliation.

1st rule, stop scratching.

I struggled with dandruff for years and recently found a shampoo that completely cleared it up.

ignore natural herbal shit, ignore neutrogena tgel, head&shoulders, selsun etc the shit you want is the chemical ketoconazole. it comes in a variety of shampoos, most of them marketed for hair loss rather than dandruff. personally I started using nizoral 1% shampoo (has 1% ketoconazole. 2% is also available over the counter in my country, but is prescription in the US).

this shit is genuinely antifungal, and will essentially nuke your scalp of all life. the side effect of this though is that your hair will look a bit limp and lifeless after using it, so I recommend also picking up a volumising conditioner.

best of all this stuff is actually cheap. I wish I knew about it years ago

you only want to apply it 2-3 times a week because it's quite strong, and you only need to use a pretty small amount—it lathers quite a bit. if you want most effective treatment, lather into your scalp, rinse out, then lather again and leave it in for 3-5min before rinsing again

this shit bro
fucking killed my fungus shit it is divine

Anyone has tried Lugol's Iodine?

coconut oil (antimicrobial and acts as the 'paste' part)
baking soda (abrasive)
xylitol (re-mineralizer)
calcium powder (re-mineralizer)

Not sure if this has already been said (Too lazy to read thread)

But you need Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil.
Get some of that shit, put it all in your hair until it's oily as fuck and leave it for 30 minutes to an hour depending on how bad you have it.

Wash it out with shampoo only (Don't need conditioner, the oil does that for you) and you should have significantly less dandruff, if any at all.

First time I tried it I got rid of all of it.

Do this ever 3 or 4 days to maintain moisturized scalp and thank me later boi

10/10 would pick and eat

Yeah, actually, and it gave me a shit-ton of good energy for the day. I guess maybe I was deficient in it? Or something? Why, is it good for hair?

I think is probably the best advice right here, OP.

And possibly (very remotely) for more than just dandruff.

hairloss-research.org/nizoral.html

that's seborrheic dermatitis and you should get ketoconazole

>im a pharmacist

supplements, drinking more water, less shampooing

I used to have a super flaky head so what I did was forced myself into running a tiny bit of coconut oil after every wash through my hair to moisturise but not enough so that my head looks like a porkchop. Only rinsed with water for a few days then when my hair itself got nappy I washed with shampoo and conditioned while also applying coconut oil to my scalp afterwards.
Coconut oil is the shit boi I bought a litre tub and it still hasn't ran out after a year

I've heard that your skin gets addicted to Nizoral and you have massive breakouts if you skip a wash or two.
Also, you shouldn't be shampooing 3 times a week.

Can confirm - Nizoral fixed my shit.

Sounds like bullshit. I've used Nizoral for years, and done nopoo for weeks/months at a time without ill effect. Everyone's different though.

I've also been struggling with dandruff for many years, and nothing really works for me.
Whatever you do, always dry your hair with a hairdryer, the fungi on your scalp loves moisture.

I had dandruff once.
Then I used a bottle of pic related.
Never had dandruff ever since then.

Get yourself one, OP. I strongly recommend it.

that's not his photo

>im a bad reader

this stuff cured my dandruff, available in all pharmacies in my count at least

Flaky scalp here and Ive been using T-gel or T-sal, it helps but doesnt fix the problem. Whenever I rub my hair I still notice small white particles. Its particularly annoying or noticable if Im wearing a black top. Are there any tricks Im meant to do? Ive just been following the directions on the bottle, use every 4 days and lather, let sit, rinse, repeat once.

thats seborrheic dermatitis not dandruff.

Any other effay psoriasis people here?

I have severe and itchy dandruff. Does coconut oil really work? Or should I try Nizoral?

it's most likely psoriasis. I've had this before and you can't actually get rid of it. It's caused mostly by stress and genetics. How did I stop it? Get any kind of shampoo with zinc pyrithione in it, use religiously with cold water (ice water if you have any). Also, appliying apple cider vinegar has also shown some promising results. Best of luck.

Well I haven't seen it mentioned ~10 replies down
I'd seriously recommend Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo, from personal experience I've had really shitty dandruff and it's worked every single time.
Don't need a prescription in the UK btw, not sure what it's like in other countries
Seriously, give it a shot OP

Sounds like psorasis to me. I have steriod based head drops prescribed, betamethzine or something, its very strong and gets rid of it within 24 hours, usually stops it coming back for months.

How do I know if it's psoriasis?

mmm maybe it is aplasia cutis

user i have this, use t-gel (can get it from Boots), costs like £9 and you use it twice a week, I have short hair and it flakes only if i scratch, need the willpower to not scratch your head!!

>thread is filled with the coconut jew