Are you guys 4 real?

iam having a hard time this believing this board isnt some meme echochamber like jenkem on 420chan, people pretending to huff shit as a joke, now dont get it wrong i dont want you bust your balls or create a bait thread i just want to really now if you are real about stuff you post?

95 percent of the fashion you guys and gals post here is unusable, unusable in the sense, that you cant dress like this to work, you cant go grocery shopping like that etc. this Veeky Forums-shit is unfit for everyday life, you are either underage and just dress like this for parties and/or to hang out with your friends at the mall or you are students who can get away with wearing awful shit like that on campus.

Another thing i want to know ... how many of you people are legitimate normies (underage, student, NEET, loser, starving artist/musician/actor, career in fashion, working minimum wage means you are not a Normie) who here wears yohji yamamoto capes IRL grocery shopping or to work or visiting grand ma etc.?

Ok tldr:
>are you guys memeing or do you really dress like this IRL?
>be honest: are you normie? (proper career, more than 5 friends, often invited to parties etc.)

Bonus question:
>do you sometimes find the stuff posted here ridiculous/bizzare/funny?

This board is meant to discuss fashion which is often not practical. Normie clothing is not the purpose for this board. It isn't hard to dress like a normie, but it's hard to be fashionable.

The stuff posted here (most of the content here is actually for normies but I know what you are focusing on) is not meant to fit in, it's intended to stand out.

I usually wear jeans or shorts and a T-shirt when I'm running errands because it's practical. When I want to be fashionable I try on the more experimental shit.

I don't think I'm explaining this well but I hope it helps. Most people who post here, and on Veeky Forums in general, are possibly underage and/or retarded.

I have a well laying job and college degree and usually come here for fun or to weed through 95% of the threads to find a decent one with knowledgeable posts.

Most threads are completely bizarre, like the thinspo threads and the waywt threads. Cop or Not threads are usually full of literal autism who can't decide whether or not to buy a white button down or grey sweater.

The more designer focused threads actually are interesting to read once in a while, and some of the inspo threads are alright when it isn't angsty pussy-core or koreans.

Well, first of all, I really just come here to have a laught or too, but sometimes i legitimately look for inspo or something like that.

I'd say what I'm wearing is perfectly fine in a normal setting, but then again, I'm not wearing full rick or full yohji (actually no yohji or rick at all)

I think it's very obvious, and it should be for you too, that Veeky Forums is really just part memes, part genuine and that creates a kind of a middle territory, where some people genuinely enjoy dressing up in memefashion and there's definitely an element of fun to that, even though some of them probably are being serious about their meme outfits.

Especially waywt's are more or less one part genuine but clueless posters, one part irony and then one part mostly boring, but not terribly looking fits

Also, did you consider that looking at inspo of more outrageous, not-well-suited-for-everyday-wear-fashion (rick, yohji, whatever) and actually dressing like that don't have to go hand in hand?

Actually, are you for fucking real?

laugh or two* lol

Also, posters from around the world are on here, it gives you a good way of looking at whats worn around the world amd how you should probably not take the advice of some 15 year old from Yektyop Kazakhstan when you really live in suburban illinois for example. You may take time to look at everything with a grain of salt, but also see new styles.

I've grown to hate this board because of the resentment towards normal practical clothing. I get that this should be an outlet for creativity and experimentation.
...but it seems like if you wear sneakers, jeans, and a button up shirt people are like "go back to mfa"
and its super contradicting sometimes. like, the hate towards dressing like a dad but doing it ironically is cool. what the fuck is that?
I also don't think that most of the weird fits are all that appealing. like dressing goofy has some sort of underlying meaning. but it reality people are just trying to be edgy and different. its like fucking tumblr with this special snowflake shit.
and what is with people still thinking black is the best thing ever? like wow you dress in all black so groundbreaking.

>Jenkem isn't real
We doing this meme again?
Heroin isn't real either, youre just burning poppy milk.
Absolute retards.

>Fashion has to be work friendly
The meme express never stops

>The meme express never stops
no it doesn't. people on here worried about getting "meme'd"
hate to break it to you all, but 99% of you guys got fucking meme'd.

> it seems like if you wear sneakers, jeans, and a button up shirt
Because it isn't fashion. Yes you look presentable but it's not "fashion". Your "style" is that you want to fit in. That's fine but you are posting on a fashion board. Fashion is art.

You need to learn how to ignore the unreasonable people. On this board you have:
Techninjas
Gothninjas
Trackie lads
Hypebeasts
Streetwear
Lunarcore
SLP types
Twinks
Trannies
Watch enthusiasts
Guys that shop at forever 21
Literal NEET retards
And some normal people with personal style

Make sure you can avoid and ignore the people you would not want to associate with in real life and take everything with a grain of salt.

I definitely agree. This chauvinistic approach to male fashion is the exact reason as to why it is viewed as cancer. In my personal opinon, wear whatever the fuck you want just as long as you think it looks good for you, I might have a judgement of my own, but nonetheless I goddamn respect you for making your own choices.

Everyone has their own unique style, and all those who like to talk down to those who aren't "hype" or "within the vibe" don't deserve the slightest regard. If it's to dress to be condescending, then you'll quickly realize the internal struggles of insecurity within those people.

bullshit. there are plenty of different types of quality, styles, and color to be taken into consideration when dressing "normal". you're right that fashion is art. what you're basically saying is that it needs to be complicated or unique to be valid.

post fit

I post here as it's a good time- I wear streetwear, and I post streetwear. I have a group of friends who also like clothes, and I have friends at work who I can talk with about fashion and music and shit.

Google "fa meetup" you'll be shocked

I saw the picture, which kinda proves my point, most are underage, awkward kids with weird fits.

yes to all your questions

Just do a 360 and walk away

>Veeky Forums
>supreme
>bape

NORMIES OUT

I come here to laugh a bit and increase my self esteem most of the times, but sometimes im just curious to see what trends on other countries. I dont think I dress like a normie but I dont dress like OP pic for sure, but there are indeed some interesting outfits around Veeky Forums.

ffs this is a fashion board
get it senpai?
we discuss fashion here and not your generic grocery style tips
now off to GQ you fuckin slug

Op here. if i get 3 you(s) I post it, I promise

thats pretty edgy ... pic related is normie-pussy-slayer outfit aka what i do everyday (dress normally and fuck bitches) you on the other hand dress to impress underage tryhards on an origami forum

I wear interesting, some would say outlandish, clothing pretty often. I like and wear certain styles and I'm not gonna dress differently because I'm going to the grocery store. If you aren't even confident enough to wear what you like to the store, how are you gonna pull it off in other situations?

I understand what you mean about some clothing not being work appropriate and I'm guessing I'm like many others in that I wear work clothes at work and other stuff outside of work. Obviously you should dress for certain situations. It's the same reason you probably wouldn't wear full Rick to a wedding (unless you're at some artsy cool kids wedding where a Rick suit wouldn't look out of place).

>black shirt
>brown belt
>brown shoes
what did he mean by this?

fashion shit like yohji and jil sander is edgy yeah
but dressing like a metrosexual brazilian model all in factory sale banana republic and j crew and being such an ugly insecure neek who has to rely on style to get pussy isnt edgy at all

Those outfits reek of try hard fashion, great look for your just out of highschool churchgoing hispanic male with 50 dollars in his pocket and a headstart to the nordstrom sale at the mall.

Your pic related looks just as ridiculous and tryhard-y in real life as Rick and Yohji does, except it's worse because all that copying catalogs does is broadcast to everyone that you're dressing like that because marketing told you it would make you a "normie-pussy-slayer".

I'm not going to deny that Rick is pretty outlandish but at the same time when I see it I know that the person wearing it legitimately likes that style and cares about fashion even if it's not the type of fashion I would typically subscribe to.

maybe that the rules you got from gq arent the be all and end all

fucking kek, i'm from miami and this is too god damn accurate

LMFAOOOOOOOOO

>a handful of kids in one city in one country proves anything resembling a point

You're fucking stupid and should feel bad about yourself.

>jil sander
>edgy
weeeeeeeew me boy

>Normie clothing is not the purpose for this board.

Moot himself once came here and asked for where to get a pair of grey sneakers.

This board absolutely is for normie clothing. I'm not going to claim that's ALL it is for but ask yourself this: is it realistic to believe the purpose of this section of an anime nerd forum is for serious discussion of high fashion? To the exclusion of talking about stuff we actually wear?

is this a bait thread?

fpbp

tl;dr fuck off normie scum

To see just how serious they are, go to the WAYWT.

Couldn't have said it better m8

i feel the same and now i wanna inspo. do you have some? and mb you can recommend some blogs id still dont know about?

Veeky Forums think things like pic related is unbearably unfashionable

>Hawaiian shirt over a striped tank top with chinos is try hard
???

Lmao moot never said that I've been on Veeky Forums since 06 fagg2

Maybe not tryhard but a stupid choice nontheless.

(You)

Well that does look really bad.

>student
>working minimum wage
>not normie

What the fuck are you talking about