European separatist movements

I've heard this map is extremely inaccurate but I don't know to much about European separatism. What are some things wrong with it and how do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBEVC-YZTVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>It's not exhaustive, it exaggerates some areas,, it doesn't take into account overlapping claims and plenty of those movements are basically memes.

Specifics? Details?

>Sami seperatist movement
Never heard of it. Why would they want to seperate from the ones paying for their reindeer herding?

Probably bunch of memers in their internet. I was actually destroyed one party like this with one e-mail in my middle school.

>I was actually destroyed one party like this with one e-mail in my middle school.
what party?

>What are some things wrong with it and how do we fix it?
Most of the "separatist movements" have popular support of total 1000 people in regions that can range from several hundred thousands to several million inhabitants.

This overestimates the separatist movements in Italy. Yeah, sure no one gives a shit about calling themselves Italian, but separatism is not really an important topic. Probably the most active movement would be the one in Veneto, but since Lega Nord has moved from Padania independentism, they are not represented politically

For France, all of those groups except maybe Corsica are downright jokes. There is some sort of "Norman league" but all they ever wanted was unification of upper and lower Normandy (which they got) and hammering on how Normans are a separate group that is part of the French nation. It is pretty much "muh heritage" with no explicit separatist demands.

More or less the same for the Bretons. They want revival of their language (they're not getting it) and that their old capital of Nantes returned to Britanny (they're nto getting it).

Occitania is a fucking meme.

Neo-communistic Ukraine Union, IIRC.

European separatism would make Europe nearly dysfunctional. It's already bad enough with as many countries as there is and all the different agendas of those countries. A lot of these places probably having nothing wrong with them but they're just fueled by nationalism and believe that they're abused by their respective countries. Spain and Italy could be bad enough to start another Yugoslav war within themselves.

>Seperatism movement in Baden-Württemberg

That's a new one

>Ftw no independent venice
It could be glorious
youtube.com/watch?v=yBEVC-YZTVU

fuck off veniceboo they're just a bunch of drunkards anyway

>Livonian separatist
What, all 14 of them are against Riga now?

>Moravian separatists
haha
it's a bunch of like a couple of hundred zany old people

also
>bohemian flag with the CoA on it
pig disgusting, gibe plain white and red

>Not wanting coat of arms on your flag
Pleb.
Tricolours, two-colours, tribans and other flags in that style are fucking ugly. The only way to save them is with a CoA.

> plain white and red
You want to be a second Indonesia or another Poland?

no

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GIVE SAMI PEOPLE SO MUCH FUCKING CLAY? WHY DO THEY NEED IT SO MUCH, THERE AREN'T THAT MANY OF 'EM

>I've heard this map is extremely inaccurate but I don't know to much about European separatism.

Most of these are meme /pol/-tier movements. They aren't serious at all, with little or no political relevance.

The ones that ARE important is follows: Scotland, Catalan (In Catalonia only), Basques (In Basque Country only) and Flanders. Maybe Northern Italy/Venice and Corsica.

These are memes.

kek they would be a minority in their own ountry and the non-samis that lives in northern scandinavia hates them.They would be fucked

As far as I know, most Flemish nationalists want a Confederation rather than separatism. Wasn't there this one Flemish nationalist politician who , when asked if Belgium will cease to exist, answered "Yes, somewhere far in the future"?

> Szekely
> Independence

They want to rejoin Hungary, they even get votes in the Hungarian parliament (so I've heard), and Romanians don't want them either because all they are annoying. Its more real than a lot of the other groups but isn't really an independence movement.

>90% of norway and sweden
>sami

This looks like my last CK2 game, except the Bulgarians haven't formed the Empire of Carpathia and haven't absorbed the Byzantine Empire