Glasses Thread

Post yours

Other urls found in this thread:

aooko.v.yupoo.com/
eyebuydirect.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm gonna need glasses soon, being almost 40yo. But i can't decide on a shape. These type are too hipster, tryhard, common, pseudo-intellectual art historian. 2pleb3me

I need something effortless, organic looking

architect glasses

Savile Row is a good bet. Un-fucking-believable quality made in England in rolled gold.

I bought the diaflex round and had lenses made for sunglasses because I'm autistic but you could try the combination frames.

These came in yesterday.
I would recommend eyebuydirect, which is where I got them, because of the price and quality, but they screwed up my prescription completely and I ended up waiting almost a month for these to come in.
Oh well, I'll call them and demand site credit or something.
I think they're having a BOGOF sale right now, if y'all are patient and cheap enough to wait.

mine had the right prescription
t. op

Good for you, man. I literally sent them my prescription directly from my optometrist. I'm far-sighted, and they sent me the near-sighted equivalent of the lenses I need. I don't think that's a common thing with them, but It was pretty irritating.

glssss model name pls

get the O'Malleys mate you know you want them

Thinking about getting new frames. I've got the semi-frameless ones on the top, but I've been thinking that the Ray Bans on the bottom look good too.

you would look much, much better, if you got a better haircut--take some length off the sides

the glasses you currently have are awful, you should get something else immediately
don't get wayfarers, they're the chucks of glasses.
which glasses will suit you is going to depend greatly on your face shape. look up "glasses frames for face shapes," look on warby parker, moscot, go through inspo albums until you slowly develop tastes.

these are coming in on wednesday
>Karl Lagerfeld KL09

they look nice, good choice

Which of these frames would you say fit the best?My face shape is as it is in the picture, round.

Sorry if I'm coming off as an idiot.

I'll say they're a good bet, but just some caveats.

I have those ones Depp's wearing; wearing them right now. About savile:
Since they're about as hand made as you can still get these days, their tolerances are not 100% perfect: you'll get wobbly temples and other niggling annoyances.

But that's just the price you pay. If they were made on 21st century machinery like every other cookiecutter glasses frames brand out there you can expect much tighter tolerances, but Savile use shit out of the 19th century, and all their own screws and shit so it's not going to be perfect quality.

Another case in point:

With the ones I've got on (and, incidentally, the onces Depp's wearing there and the ones Harrison Ford wears in some of the Indy films) the plastic used to cover the metal frames is Zylo.

Now that's a very, very unusual material , an early plastic that went out of use probably by mid last century when modern petrochemical plastics came to the fore and replaced it. Mainly due to cost and ease of coloration. But perhaps for other reasons. I don't know about durability. I just know that when general plastics are needed, zylo doesn't come up anymore. It's a historical curiosity that savile have maintained using for good or for ill.

Now as to the problem:
The zylo piece that encircles the frames in these beaufort panto's is one piece that's attached as it comes off the heating machine and is basically friction fitted around the metal frame. There is a break at the junction where the temples are attached to the frames base.

I have noticed with my pair that is is very, very for the zylo at this breakage junction, to lift off since they're not glued on and not exactly friction fitted on particularly tightly.

I recall reading of this issue before purchasing my pair in reviews by several others online.

Regardless, I wanted them and are generally pleased.

So zylo's okay, but it was replaced for a reason

contd:

I have been debating whether or not a tiny, absolutely minute amount of glue at this liftage would be necessary.

my point is:

Savile is very good, but don't expect super duper 100% durability nor the sort of QC that you'd get out of some modern raybans or whatever that are just spat out of a chinese robot by their millions.

Adjust your expectations accordingly, taking into account the "hand made" nature of the frames and the kinds of archaic machinery used and outdated materials they're made from in the first place.

They're a connoisseurs choice for eyeglass frames, if you'll pardon the douchey choice of elitist language, but that's the truth.

If you want "fast food" glasses frames then look somewhere else.

Those are pretty cool.

Here are mine.

>have noticed with my pair that is is very, very *EASY* for the zylo
fixd

Oh, and one last thing about Savile:

If you custom order a pair with either a nose saddle instead of pads and especially if you get a pair with curved cable temples, FFS GET THEM FROM A RETAILER IN PERSON THAT'S FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH SAVILE THAT THEY CAN FIT THEM PROPERLY.

I have no idea how anyone doing the custom route with the above choices (saddle/curved) can get a comfy fit.

I had to get a guy from the savile factory itself to fit them on my stupid face before they were 100% comfortable.
Now they're awesome.

Easier said than done, but if any user's in or travelling to London, then I recommend doing it this way.

I've died and gone to retarded:

I mean:
>I have no idea how anyone doing the custom route with the above choices (saddle/curved) can get a comfy fit VIA A BLIND INTERNET ORDER

Whack

going to buy these tomorow, opinions?

Resonance I think

Would probably look good on a grill, but if you're male, stay far away from these

I like these a lot; very old school without being neo-old-school, if that makes sense (thicker frames and smaller lenses rather than more streamlined nu-male-ish le nerdy xd wayfarers)

Hope you can pull it off

decent choice

want to use glasses but dont need to. its that so lame?

fuck your bitch with my glasses on

I think that might be why. I used the form to fill out the rx as sending the prescription in takes longer and it might get mixed up, etc.

The quality of my Theory frames is bretty gud, the packaging was also nice

I also got a second pair for free, but the gray doesn't really fit my face/hair. I wanted the dark brown but they went out of stock the day I bought them.

i have these, they are nice and i get a lot of compliments

Probably the lamest thing you can possibly do

Translation: "I'm insecure about my face and want to obscure it as much as possible in as conventional a way as possible"

Either of the top two

Where to obtain wire rim glasses for under $150?

Got a pair from eyebuydirect that looked good online but were way too small for my head.

The Oliver Peoples are better, the Moscot ones look bland irl.

aooko.v.yupoo.com/
I want to get some prescription glasses from this guy as one of my pairs is on its way out. What's best? I dislike tortoiseshell. Was probably going to get a Chrome Hearts pair.

this website sketches me the fuck out

w2c cheaper alternative
only really need them for reading but im gonna be out in public so still dont want shit tier frames

It's shady yeah. You have to pay via Dhgate or Taobao, both of which look shadier, but you specify in your order on Tao/DH which glasses you want by linking to this website. Yupoo is like Chinese Imgur and sellers use it to catalog their counterfeit products.

Why not just link the images in the product description? Copyright?

Yeah. They usually have contact information listed so you can add them on Skype or similar and he'll give you the Yupoo album link there when you ask him for a catalog of what he has available. If you search 'Aokoo' or 'Aooko' on the fashionreps subreddit there's information there.

I have the same frames in Transulcent, Tortoise and the ones pictured.

Great quality.

Be honest with me, were you influenced by him to buy these?

shit haircut, shit glasses

Goat glasses if you are handsome, any vintage Giorgio armani glasses are my grail

WHAT ARE SOME GLASSES THAT WONT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A NU MALE FAGGOT PLS HELP Veeky Forums I NEED YOUR OPINIONS

the ones you like and feel comfortable in

The right temple is broken from the main frame and is being held by tape, because I dropped a Christmas tree box on my face...a year ago. I'm looking to get some new ones so I'm browsing this board.

eyebuydirect.com

is tortoiseshell effay? my last pair are tortoiseshell and i honestly cannot imagine wearing a different type.

My current glasses are same as the top ones in this pic too. I wear contacts like 5-6 days a week so it's not a priority but I need new backups. Seems like bateman-core are the go-to right now, would the work well with a really long narrow face?m

ryan sorta has this face shape I guess and he looks good in them...

The goose is asian???

oliver peoples ones look too small for my face imo

These are mine, they are the first pair of glasses I've ever owned.

I'd fuck with these. I want to get something with a keyhole next.

What is this style of frames called? (the wire frames with slightly thicker plastic or coated wire around the lenses)

Do aviators look good on me?

Those are some weird looking aviators, they don't look very good on you to be honest. And they're pretty big.

Have you considered looking at the American Optical Aviators? They might suit you. But go for a smaller size.

What glasses would suit someone with an oval face?

so nice

All frame types suit oval.

are my glasses Veeky Forums?

no go

but i want to have an extra accessory, plus i look great with glasses

love the blue tinge on this

You look 14 years old, you disgusting attention whore. Kill yourself.

/soc/

Can a guy wear these?

More context

Yeah it was for that reason that I went for metal only frames without any plastics. I heard that over time they can crack and can be extremely difficult to repair.

That being said I am immensely pleased with the Diaflex frames I received and I went with nose pads for comfort any way. I also got them curled.

I expect they'll last me for a good decade if not more assuming I look after them.

And for anyone purchasing from them here, they take longer than the 5-8 days advertised for a non combination order; mine took over 2 weeks. But thats a good thing. Prefer they dont rush it.

Are metal circle frames effay?

these are women's frames, but fuck it, i like them and i think they accent my face well

top or bottom?

oval face

can a round faced guy pull this off?

I've worn this frame for 8 years

god tier jaw, glasses arent so good tho

i have those frames lmao

kys igor you attention seeking pos

lmao

Yes

From a startup brand...made of buffalo horn

Should I cop?

At home try on

cool idea but pretty boring style

mine. Oliver Peoples master race

You have a nice face

Is that Reviewbrah in the center?

Yes, go drink bleach

Apologies for the bedhead, got these a week ago.

Too big for my face maybe?

Kek

Not sure if sunglasses count, but I copped a pair of these mega-cheap a while back. Rayban Aviator Ski's from the 1980's.

Patrick Carney/10

Nice cuckcore

which ones should I get

put them on and post pics

Thanks babes

None