Is playing vidya effay?

Is playing vidya effay?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_6yQwHJ4tU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If absolutely no one but you knows about it then yeah sure

only if the game is runescape

If its your only hobby/use of free time, fuck no.

No, not at all.

only if you are game developer and are testing it
im not game developer, but thats only acceptable way of playing vidya for adult

Are you serious? Game developers are literally the least effay people in the world.

effay? No. However not playing a video game every once in awhile, or at least not playing one at a party and acting like "you're above those stupid child games" will make you look like a retard and super pretentious. Even most girls now admit to playing video games. As long as you don't only play shooters, you're solid desu

ffxv is coming out soon game looks pretty fa. the last guardian as well.

This, Runescape is the only Veeky Forums video game.

>pic related is my RS outfit

i wish i found video games fun still

anything with dope ascetics can be effay. Only a few games are truly cool though. Dark Souls stuff ummm some bioshock stuff maybe, Leon from RE4 is effay, some Final Fantasy. I dunno help me out someone. Video games as a whole are pretty lame though and will probably always have a bad rep because of the kind of fans it breeds

Silent Hill 2 is effay. Very good game with timeless design.

Why the fuck are games so fucking awful now? Like even le non-casual hardcore games are fucking awful and actually the last few games I had fun with are considered bad

this desu

Games have to put less effort into gameplay because they get carried by graphics, sound, character design, waifus etc. TFC vs TF2 vs Overwatch is an excellent comparison - look up any frag video from each game and compare the gameplay.

>is doing this effay?
>is sucking dick effay?
>is my job effay?
>is smoking effay?
>is asking a board full of insecure autists such as myself to ensure me that my hobbies are effay, effay?

>>>>>>> fucking kill yourself now pls

and music

Ffxv is literally fashion: the game.

Is killing yourself effay?

If it will get u to do it then yes

For me it's the time they take to beat, it becomes more like a chore.
Games are usually 20 to 30 hours, kinda wish they were around 10.

Every console before Ps3 is fa except any kind of xbox

Computer games arent fa at all

nothing wrong with playing games from time to time, even being a little nerdy

do what you love to do, not what is Veeky Forums

Only if it's gameboy

And of course gamecube. And any vintage game machine (sega saturn, snes, 64, dreamcast, turbografx, etc etc)

What is the most effay way to kill yourself?
I was thinking drug overdose in a four seasons hotel bathroom.

starcraft broodwar is the only Veeky Forums video game.

You people are pathetic, it's a fucking video game who cares

this tbqh

Genuinely don't understand what people get out of playing video games. It's not a hobby. Making video games, sure, and maybe sandbox since there's a creative element.

But seriously, you're delusional if you think it's a justified hobbie, you're addicted to its instant gratification, nothing more. You could be doing something far more enriching with your time.

I've yet to hear a real explanation for, or experience what it is that makes video games enjoyable or fulfilling.
Please enlighten me someone.

FYI I feel the same about -trash- TV/novels/films.

It's called entertainment for a reason. Obviously people don't do it for enrichment. It's for the instant gratification. It's similar to drugs in a sense correct? Some people don't have the drive to constantly be improving themselves or learning new skills or do things are are truly fulfilling. It might be a shitty way to live life but I'm not planning on changing the world.

>no fun allowed
>its not possible to tell a story through a medium other than one that i allow

Here's the thing, it is like a drug, but you'll never have the drive to do much else unless you take it away. I find it pathetic in a way, but I can sympathise as someone who was addicted to cocain for almost a year.

Of course you don't have to change the world, but you would be happier without video games and you damn well know it.

Actually I've been interested in video games as a medium to present a narrative. I've read the story boards of many popular games and none of them have hit the mark.

I'm not denying that the medium could present an interesting narrative or story, but from what I've seen, they all fall into the same category as trash TV/novels/films.

Now, to be presented as works of visual art then yes, many games are. But again, I don't understand how someone cannot become bored after an hour max. It's still not a 'hobby'.

Lol of course they're fun that's the fucking point. Heroin is fun until it totally consumes you and you can do anything else with your time

i play melee and i look fa af compared to my scene

whats the most Veeky Forums gaming scene

No, but having some games to play when you have a kickback or bring a girlfriend over is cool.

Old games are best for this, I think.

I had a lot of fun playing Rampage World Tour on n64 with my exgf.

Indie games are commonly that short.

A fun one I played was Trine 2 with my friends over skype.

Those weird anime sex RPGs on newgrounds

Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire
Mass Effect

The thing about the medium is that it basically has to be TV like in narritive because of the episodic nature of the medium.

fun fact: EVE online is objectively the most Veeky Forums game. the founders of style zeitgeist and a few other sz elites, along with famous avant garde designers all play this game, they are even in the same guilds i believe.
even is very Veeky Forums since its a mature and intellectual game

m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_6yQwHJ4tU

This cheesy shit is genuinely the height of the medium?

TES 1-3

Post a better science fiction film with that level of production.

The genre itself is inherently incredibly difficult to pull off. Other than Alien there is basically no successful science fiction movie that isn't corny like riddick and dune, or terribly boring like 2001.

lmao are u serious

Not him, but EVE is a game that weeds out the casuals and retards.

desu I feel the same way, but I have an addictive personality. I feel a twinge of guilt whenever I see someone post a creative endeavor, even if it's a shitty college film that I have no appreciation for. Some people are easily entertained, as a large majority of the masses are. I'm not artistically disinclined, I just find their purpose to be the same as video games, I am entertained by improving my skills at something that can be shown to others. I play violin, probably much more than most people but again, it's something like an hour a day because I get bored of trying to improve for some period of time. Maybe I need to join an ensemble or something because I find the video games most enjoyable as a competitive medium, something where I can go head to head against someone and see clearly at the end, where my mistakes were and what I can do to improve. The depth of a game like melee honestly is similar to many competitive sports, but in an electronic medium. Some people don't like this argument (or you might just not like sports) but either way, there is enrichment to be found in that mindset, or at least one of looking back and improving. As for single player games, these are entertainment purely. But I think there's a lot to be said about something that can be enjoyed quickly, easily, and talked about with other people, even if it's drivel.

What is your idea of something that is fulfilling as a hobby, just as reference? Even other hobbies I have (rock climbing for instance) don't seem fulfilling in the sense you're saying, so maybe we have a different idea of what makes a good hobby. Video games certainly aren't my life.

Play CounterStrike or Dota 2 if you want a good competitive game. Mele and league are for lamebrains.

I play cs also, though I guess csgo would also be considered a lamebrain game? I honestly wish I played Dota 2 but the amount of relearning necessary to even begin verges on even what I consider a massive waste of time. Why do you consider melee a "lamebrain" game? I think the technical aspect and the tactical aspect is definitely higher than CS, though strategically overall it might be easier in the sense of knowing what to do as an overall approach, but the minutiae of details necessary to be a top competitor is definitely not to be taken lightly.

Cs is more mentally athletic in terms of reaction than super smash. It also requires team tactics. I always prefered css because I grew up with it. Dota 2 has a higher skill floor that weeds out a lot of the retards. It was better in the alpha and beta before the international made finding a good game so difficult. You almost invariably have a fucking retarded peruvian on your team. Sure the Br hues and russians used to be a problem but it has gotten so much worse lately. I find ability draft to be the only game mode that weeds out the mongoloids most of the time.

Dota is easier to get into now more than ever. If you compare the difficulty of the game to the same game pre-2013, the punishment for screwing up is significantly less; there's a higher gold per second trickle, you get more gold for killing players who are ahead, and I'm pretty sure they reduced gold loss on death. Even for all it's flaws it's still better than League.

If you are interested, I'd recommend looking at ProfessorFierce's videos on youtube. Avoid /d2g/ and the dota subreddit.

Thanks, I'm legitimately interested in learning dota, I just also need to convince a lot of my friends to start trying to learn with me. There is something to be said about my potato laptop at uni, though that's not really an argument about any merits the game itself has.

They changed the game from a farm game like the first two internationals to a more kill oriented one because it makes the games more exciting to watch as an esport. Where the game could turn on a dime with a single teamfight at 30 minutes and on n the past they have made it do so at 10 minutes on.

They basically built the game to rally much more than in the past. A few years ago the teams really only rallied late game.

Farmers are very smurfed. Where I used to carry games as np because they were late-game and farm oriented, no longer can I do so. This is the age of the midgame hero, the armlet heavy patch.

Played eve for 5 years. Turned me into an autismo.

Still the best MMO ever though imo.