Why do you are in fashion? I know you like to dress good and that make you feel good and it's a thing that you like...

Why do you are in fashion? I know you like to dress good and that make you feel good and it's a thing that you like, but is there any other reason? Also if you like to dress good to go out where do you go?

because it fills that hole where a personality should be

For example, Kanye West is into fashion because that is a thing that make him make more money for his shoes and the fame fashion bring to him, same with his wife and weird family

Sadly this is true

>Why do you are in fashion?

jesus christ

"Why i have no friends? I need to buy those jimmy choo shoes so everybody is gonna see how fancy i am.
i'm better to everybody else! look at my shoes faggot! i'm better than you! you don't see!"

Actually no, it is simply another facet of personality. I enjoy design and aesthetics, therefore I like to incorporate those values into my daily life however I can. So I dress nice.
Also people like it and realize you're not just a piece of shit. And if you live in certain communities, sadly, prestige and shit is a thing otherwise you are an outcast. so...

Also all the shit answers in this thread just show how insecure and personality-less you guys are.

Yes, but for some people this is a way to feel "superior" to other people, some people like to buy 3000$ shoes not because they like it just because the cost, just because most people can't afford it and they will feel better than everybody else, like rich middle eastern people that put gold in shoes, clothes, bathrooms because they feel superior, that fills that hole for they

nothing gets you friends. not being cool, not being super nice, not being smart, not your clothes, not your car, not your gf, not shit. But being well rounded and having a good balance of all that shit will get you friends, a good life, etc... balance.. fucking autists, i swear 98% of people are autists unless they go to a major hs or live in a big city until they turn 20..

Well let them continue to boost their ego, in the end it will just collapse even harder and they will feel even emptier than if they hadn't... its just a matter of time. Of course some people are just born literally perfect and are usually psychopathic assholes who buy expensive shit to make people feel jealous because that's the only thing that fills their emotionless void. In that case there is nothing you can do except stalk them and mug the fuck out of them to teach them a lesson.

like every other hobby xd

fuck you what is the point of life then? work and die? the fuck? :'(

WTTFF LOOOL

ya man my thoughts exactly I DONT WANNA DIE

The ego create expensive clothes, so ego and fashion go in the same way but not holding hands.
You can't want to be diferent without feeling like a special snowflake

Also, why do you think clothes like Rick Owens exist? Is to be "diferent" to feet the ego isn't to look good is to look "better"

ITS NOT ABOUT WANTING TO BE DIFFERNT, FUCK, ITS ABOUT APPRECIATING DESIGN AND GOOD LOOKING SHIT.

My grandmother got me into fashion, taking me out on shopping trips, getting me clothes for birthdays and Christmas
Her father was a tailor so she only wore tailored clothing until she left home

I started off just enjoying clothes generally, finding stuff I thought was cool

Recently I've been working more on locking down an aesthetic, and compiling my inspirations to create outfits that reflect my interests, the things that shape me and what I find beautiful
I recently bought a sewing machine and I'm thinking of making some of my own clothes. I'm doing this because I fundamentally don't feel like I have enough in my life and I want to do something I feel I'll be good at.
Also there's just so much stuff I'll never be able to afford,so I might as well just make things that are inspired by these things, but also more personal

>Why do you are in fashion?
What else is there?

at least for me, sorry, but I already said this

Because we are a society and nobody like a egocentric person

>why am I is in fashion

idk man

Dude that was beautiful

I dress good to go out and look good in photos and girls like it too
>fuck me right?

To hide insecurities

Thanks mang

Always try to live your hobbies rather than just admire them, I feel like people on here (Veeky Forums generally) don't do that enough

They watch films and listen to music and say they're hobbies are films and music.
Go out there and make films and music, yeah it's gonna be shit, but no one started off making the best of anything

You don't hear people say my hobby is hiking but they just stay at home looking at pictures and videos of people walking in the wilderness

>why do you are in fashion?
English please

it's bait user, and you fail

Wow. This is probably the most inspiring thing I've read in this shithole. This actually hit me deep man, thanks for that.

Thank you, I'm truly humbled

No problem man. The thing about admiring your hobbies instead of living them was what hit me, I really love music but I haven't made any music of my own, or learned an instrument. Every time I want to try to learn guitar or something I feel like once I graduate from college and get a job I'm not gonna have enough time to make any music (I personally wouldn't pursue music as a career, I think it would deteriorate my love for it personally). Maybe I should have started playing music in my teens, oh well.

Because I like how clothes look.
It could have been something else, like painting, furniture or even sculpting that I'm into.
But just by chance, or because clothes is something everyone is bound to experience, it became fashion that I like to spend time on.

Fashion is also more fun when you're not focused on buying.
It's way more fun to talk about it and share thoughts.
What's lacking in fashion for me right now is that I'm not designing my own clothes.
I can talk all day about what other people create, but it would be even more fun to share what you have created on your own.

So I'm not really into fashion just wear the coolest clothes and participate in a dick measuring contest.

No way, just give it a try
When I was younger I played piano and acoustic guitar, when I was a teen I played drums. I was never particularly good.

I picked up my roommates guitar recently and just fucking around with it, having forgotten everything but the basics, i felt some cool vibes coming. It's almost better that I didn't have much of a traditional education in it because it feels open.
I just listen to the sounds produced and learn from that rather than chords or traditional melodies and tempos

My friend also picked up an MPC recently and that's been cool to just fuck around with

Damn...

Get with a crew of like-minded people and just talk about stuff,start making stuff even if it's bad and piggy back of each other

It's honestly not that hard, maybe half of the figures you admired came from a similar background of just trying shit out

Ive been into photography and artistic shit my whole life
fashion is a type of art, hence I really like it
I dont actually dress well. I dress like shit actually, and my body is ugly so i couldnt really wear the clothes I want. I just like looking at fashion and thinking about it

I like everything in my life to be aesthetic and fit together nicely and it's important to look good so other people treat you well. A minor interest in fashion is normal for women and helps me relate to other people my age.

delete this.