What happened to Martin Margiela?

For some reason I'm fascinated by the story of Margiela. Why did he decide to leave the industry in 2008? Why are there so few pictures of him? Does he even have any creative input at his label at all now? (I don't think he does to be honest, modern margiela is nothing like what it was before) Lastly, what's up with him now, is he just a recluse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulRtoMwxbHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rumour has it he was unhappy with the way Renzo Rosso was running things at Only The Brave, or perhaps he had just grown tired of fashion. He seemed to be a really shy guy, which is perhaps why he preferred anonymity. It also had the added benefit of allowing his work to speak for itself. This is all up to speculation though. He now has zero input at the Maison Margiela label which changed its name once John Galliano (formerly of Dior before his breakdown in 2012) was appointed creative director of the womenswear collections as Rosso saw it as a chance for Galliano to start anew and to redeem himself in the hearts and minds of the industry. Galliano did meet with Margiela privately before the start of his tenure and said Margiela gave him his blessings. Margiela is probably living a happy and modest retirement nowadays.

Sounds like a nice life. I just wish we still got some updates on how he's doing, like how Helmut still makes appearances

He retired cause #yolo.

aids. not even memeing :(

I don't know who this guy is but came to suggest this.

Takes one to know one.

what up with the typo? did he change his name?

>on Veeky Forums
don't know who margiela is
Kill yourself mate

the antwerp 6 are overrated

Margiela isn't part of the Antwerp Six, that's commonly mistaken. By the time they were at the Royal Academy he was already in London working for Jean Paul Gaultier

t. someone starting a logo-tee streetwear brand

Zai?

absolute ledge

this is all i have seen of him

this picture and the young pic of him in the newspaper is all there is of Margiela

theres a couple polaroids of him, and images from when he worked for gaultier. the 'only image' myth isnt true at all

what a madman

where are these images from when he was at JPG? I've only seen the candid one

just a couple, theres around 10 total images of him from what ive seen

jesus. is that a 7 head?

theres a mini doc on our boy, although they purposefully don't show him.
Raf and JPG give interviews.
youtube.com/watch?v=ulRtoMwxbHM

neck yourself

did MM kill him?

How can you even insult my hometown desu?

no hes still alive just doesn't like being in the public

he worked for Gaultier from 1984 to 1987
a few years after the antwerp six had graduated
he however did graduate before them in 1979

beat me 2 it wtrf