Why does all winter footwear look like shit?

Why does all winter footwear look like shit?

I dare you to post 1 good looking thing

because no one gives a shit about your precious little fits when its -30 outside, you mongoloid.

i got this on amazon at 30% off flash sale . they are waterproof

lol

You posted a good-looking winter boot, OP.

Bean boots are fucking great.

>tfw the only good looking boot is $1000

bait?

i bought these. then i realized how much of an idiot i look like since i am not fishing/on a boat/in shallow water

They were designed for hunting in snowy forests. Nothing to do with boats.

bean boots are good for the snow. Also, you buy them for life. If they mess up LL bean will replace them. As long as you didn't intentionally fuck them up. Look up their satisfaction guarantee.

wow your fashion knowledge is very deep

If you ever get those replace the soles ASAP. They are terrible for actually winter fall conditions. Stock is way too slippery.

Get some nice light weight rubber soles and get commando treads on them.

>I dare you to post 1 good looking thing

Disappointing thread is disappointing.

>corrected grain

What?

I need to buy winter boots and I have no idea what brands are decent. I need something that will keep warm and dry in -40c weather and shit ton of snow

>I dare you to post 1 good looking thing

Are palladiums actually good for winter?

It means it's not real leather dipshit. It's like leather scraps glued together.

certainly not the canvas ones.

I didn't mean "what" as in "what's corrected grain", you mong, I meant what the fuck are you talking about? It's full grain calfskin, not some reconstituted, cabra shit.

correct grain is leather that is sanded, not glued together

Avoid canvas and uninsulated boots if you're planning on wearing them in inclement weather. Personally I think they'd make a nice dry weather boot but I haven't visited Mojave in years so can't comment.

Maybe? I am looking for some shoes as well, these are available locally, still not sure.

I quite like Rieker's for the winter, shame they break after a few months no matter what.

I have the bean boots with the thermal liner for winter and I've never had cold feet. Plus since my wardrobe is preppy they fit very nicely

I might just get these desu

oh yeah, family guy started up again

If I had the money I would look for some nice boots with Veldtschoen construction, bellows tongue in zug grain. Trickers Grassmere might fit the bill, but they are 390£.

I own a pair with the new soles they've put on their Iron Ranger line this Autumn. Far better traction than sole you refer to but still not good enough for Wisconsin winter. Recommend purchasing ice grips for any northerners in this thread that spend time outdoors.

Anyone know what the deal is with Vibram (or anyone else really) not making any wedge soles with proper thread for winter? That would be sick.

If you live in harsh climes you should be purchasing footwear with insulation specific to coldest temperatures you'll be experiencing. Your main concern should be keeping your toes intact whether or not you look good doing so.
That's a good question but I'm going to bring you off topic for a moment because I imagined with first read of your comment a vibram five-toe winter shoe and had a good chuckle at how stupid those would be.

jesus I hope you didn't pay more than 80 bucks for that shit

I thought that was bonded leather.

Copped these for 130 Tim Hortons dollars on a sale

They are waterproof (tongue attached wholly onto boot) and the colour is darker than in the pic. Boot material feels suede-ish on the outside, no lining on the inside but fits nicely with a thick pair of socks.

Pretty much this. They're meant to keep your feet dry and warm when it's cold and wet outside, not to impress your instagram followers.
Save your nice suede and leather boots for the days when its not shit, and wear something like bean boots when you have to go out side in shitty weather.

If you live in a place where it doesn't snow, or snows very little, then yes.
Absolutely terrible for any place that gets more than an inch on average though.

I would buy these if I wore leather.

You are correct.
Bonded is pretty much dish that is glued together, corrected it in a simple sense sanded and refinished leather.

why don't you wear leather

Because I'm vegetarian?

Probably one of the little sissy men that complains on here now and then how wool is murder. Perfectly willing to wear synthetic product that creates environmental pollutants that will last for millennia though.

Technically sperm is an animal product.

guys are these good

no

Another reason why you could never go vegetarian yourself.

pseudo vintage hiking boots?

Preference for Danner myself although only tried them on.

I'd feel bad roughing up such a sexy hiking boot.

Dont like the lack of toe

thanks do you have more insight into wordly matters

because only pussies need 'winter footwear'

Yeah, I'd have sex with a Viberg. I said it.

You can find a shit ton of real vtg hiking boots, good quality, made in Italy, for like $50
vibram soles and all

my only vibergs are service boots and i already have a pair of danners, but god are viberg hikers sexy. i've been considering the natural bison leather. the grain is so good.

where?

My bean boots came in yesterday, wore them the first time today and I love them. Great for casual-core when you just don't feel like trying too hard.

Been thinking about getting Sorel 1964s

Iron rangers offer decent winter protection for walking/commuting, but if you're standing outside for more than a half hour your toes will freeze.

oh ffs

>live in place where climate rarely (like every 2 years) goes down to 60 during the winter
>dont have to deal with being a winter clothing cuck

hahahaha dude!

No user, you've got it all wrong: you don't eat the boots, you wear them on your feet.

kek

We're all proud of you user.

i genuinely feel bad for you

winter fashion> any other season

>layers
>effay coats
>dark colors

wtf is this shit?
function>form

You can't wear suede boots in the rain/snow

That looks more like roughout leather to me. It's just normal leather with what is normally the inside of the boot facing out.

they are hideous

I thought you were supposed to post something that looks good

*vegan

wore them for two winters in fargo ND they were good

done

Those don't look warm to me, and I wonder how they'd handle the salt and constant water.

I just wear boots :< (mine don't have that logo on the shaft)

This, fuck summer

what the fuck are you some kind of pedestrian?

How about some boot recs for people who don't live in wimpy climates? Some of us have real winters ahead of us.

ID?

w2c

these are pretty sick imo

I found these on Aldo. They're sold out of my size, but never mind that: is Aldo verboten? I think these are really interesting while still minimal.

Stella McCartney x Adidas.

Can I wear Olangs if I don't still live in Quebec?

what

wtf why

Too dressy. They would look nice without the decal.

ew wtf?

what about these

-B

ID?

Dead ass my guy