How come I almost never hear anyone give credit to the Arabs for their help in creating the scientific method and...

How come I almost never hear anyone give credit to the Arabs for their help in creating the scientific method and bringing it to the west?
It's probably the most important thing they had ever done.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Hayyan
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhazen
realclearscience.com/blog/2014/03/the_muslim_scientist_who_birthed_the_scientific_method.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_scientific_method#Ibn_al-Haytham
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_history_of_scientific_method
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Legitimate historians often do. Top of my head, Barbara Rosenwein asserts that intellectual development on both sides of the Mediterranean was made possible through constant interreligious discourse, particularly concerning different interpretations of Greek texts.

Veeky Forums discussions of Islamic societies are always shit due to ideology and the application of modern politics to a medieval context.

did they though? ive never actually researched into it yet aside from what is pushed in schools.

>Arabs
>creating the scientific method
The fuck have you been smoking.

Because alot of people have no idea that the Ottoman empire was for the most part fucking sane compared to to Catholic empires in Europe

Under the Arabs, positivism changed from being a cool Greco-Roman trick to becoming the standard procedure for natural philosophy.

I can literally not name a single intellectual achievement which happened under the Ottomans.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Hayyan

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhazen

If you know nothing about a topic, please don't post

>How come I almost never hear anyone give credit to the Arabs for their help in creating the scientific method and bringing it to the west?

Because it was actually Persians.

They were the first group of people to really use experiment to test their ideas. This created great advances in many fields that later came to the west.

Pretty much this,Any attempt at discussing anything arabic/islamic related ends up into a shitflinging contest due to the current political climate.

A lot of astronomy

They're both persians

Are you historically illiterate that you're unaware that persians and arabs are two distinct people?

If you know nothing about a topic, please don't post.

I'm not aware of the scientific method ever being developed in the middle east. If you have sources I'd be grateful. I think their biggest contributions were in medicine.

Sources?

Not him but Alhazen isn't persian,also they were all culturally arab so keep that in mind considering arabs MOSTLY didn't care about race.

No they weren't you dumb shit

realclearscience.com/blog/2014/03/the_muslim_scientist_who_birthed_the_scientific_method.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_scientific_method#Ibn_al-Haytham

>Not him but Alhazen isn't persian
Heh, the verdict is still out. He was probably persian, they were the intellectuals in the caliphate.

>also they were all culturally arab
Define "culturally arab". They lived in tents and fucked goats?

> considering arabs MOSTLY didn't care about race.
Top kek. You should read what the arabs thought about the Zanj.
The graceful thing would be to admit you were wrong and learn from this experience.

The guy was a muslim.

>Define "culturally arab". They lived in tents and fucked goats?

Is the fact that their names were arabic,wore arabic garments and probably spoke arabic aswell and were muslims not a good enough indicator?

>He was probably persian,
>Probably
Pic related

>Top kek. You should read what the arabs thought about the Zanj.

Hence why i capitalized the word mostly but im glad you ignored that as expected,also there were some positive views of them it depends on who you asked and at what time.

>He was probably Persian

"Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) was born c. 965 in Basra, which was then part of the Buyid emirate,[21] to an Arab family.[22] Alhazen arrived in Cairo under the reign of Fatimid Caliph al-Hakim, a patron of the sciences who was particularly interested in astronomy.[23] He proposed to the Caliph a hydraulic project to improve regulation of the flooding of the Nile, a task requiring an early attempt at building a dam at the present site of the Aswan Dam,[24] but later his field work convinced him of the technical impracticality of this scheme.[25] Alhazen continued to live in Cairo, in the neighborhood of the famous University of al-Azhar, until his death in 1040.[26] "

Spot any references to Iran or Persia here.
Also this seems about as stupid as arguing whether Descartes was French.

So what?

>Is the fact that their names were arabic,wore arabic garments and probably spoke arabic aswell and were muslims not a good enough indicator?
Irrelevant desu.

>Pic related
I said probably because many sources call him persian, but a few call him arab. Not because of lack of information.

>,also there were some positive views of them it depends on who you asked and at what time.
The only positive view I ever encountered was written by a half black ex slave, no wonder he didn't shit on blacks. Arabs viewed them as subhuman.

Alhazen was literally an Arab, born Kuwait

He was born in Basra, to what many sources claim was a persian family.

Most muslims share a lot of culture user and Arabs care more about culture than race.

Probably because "the scientific method" was created in retrospect by people like Engels and Popper.

Because Aristotle did not live in the Arabian Peninsula.

>creating the scientific method

Wasn't the scientific method developed in 16th-17th centuries?

>it's Ir*nian cancer (probably diaspora too) we-wuzzing again
>claiming Alhazen was Persian
>implying all those Persians weren't thoroughly Arabized

Embarrassing desu.

This.

>Aristotle
>Scientific method
You fags are trolling right?

>It's another Ayyrab trying to claim the Persian's achievement as their own episode.

>basra
>persia
Kys shitposter

Every time

I wish all Arabs and Iranians would die so normal people could discuss history without you faggots shitposting in every single thread.

Did the "Islamic golden age" happen because of Islam or in spite of it?

I would say in spite of it. most people who say it was because of Islam end up quoting an inauthentic hadith. plus all the supposed science in the Quran is either plagiarized or incorrect (or both)

it wasn't like Christianity during the "Dark ages" user

>Did the "Islamic golden age" happen because of Islam or in spite of it?

Neither, it didn;t happen at all. Consider that the Byzantines even in decline produced more and of greater quality than the whole Islamic world did, even taking in to account the handful of great thinkers such as Avicenna (who was mercilessly persecuted for his ideas while he lived).

>Rosenwein

Those were most likely Persians though.

Not at all. In fact, a form of the scientific method was present in ancient egypt.

Some parts were because of it, such as the output of unique scholarship, knowledge economy, and private trade expansion being closely tied with the movement of religious students seeking education. Other parts such as architecture, urbanization, and bureaucracy were carry overs from previous cultures.

lel

Citation needed

Arabs had their moment. It's been over for a long time.

This!!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_history_of_scientific_method

>c. 1600 BC — The Edwin Smith Papyrus, an Egyptian surgical textbook, which applies: examination, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis, to injuries,[1] paralleling rudimentary empirical methodology

are Egyptians Arabs?

>Jabir ibn Hayyan
>"Ethnicity: Arab[2][3] or Persian[4]"

>Alhazen
>... was an Arab[10][11] scientist,[12] mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher.

t. Iranian
Stop the "we wuz all the scientists" meme that is so prevalent in modern Iran, ESPECIALLY the retarded diaspora.

>also they were all culturally arab so keep that in mind considering arabs MOSTLY didn't care about race.

You're right, they instead placed emphasis on tribes