Post your watches Veeky Forumsscists

Post your current watch and the one that you'll buy next, and we rate each other styles.
I'll start: I'm currently using a Withings Activité, thinking about buying a Junghans Max Bill.
Also, any good brands for minimal watches?

Other urls found in this thread:

withings.com/eu/en/products/activite-steel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Withings activité

I never really cared much about watches, so for me the most important part is that it needs to complement my clothes

I think that the right watch can really help an outfit.

Nice one btw

also this (not my picture)

poverty-core. This one was about £50, and the casio £10

That is so fucking tight, w2c?

that watch is bomb

and I want one of these next

w2c?

the brand is "luch"
try searching for luch one handed watch

I had to dig for one with the lighting logo and not the shitty sans-serif one.

this is a Raketa Kopernik btw
I can only find chop-shop on ebay, probably end up buying one regardless

Nice. Vintage.

I have the simpler, mechanical, model which is imo the best example of a good design.
To my surprise I get plenty of compliments about it.

Can you post a pic?

bet watch itt

I had an SNK809 witch I sold to a friend, I ain't falling for the mechanical meme again. Nothing wrong with them but I'd rather just have a cheap reliable quartz, have a Lorus right now. When this dies I'm buying a f91w.

You don't like mechanical watches?

great watch, but so boring.

>classic watch that goes with everything and strikes the eye of anyone that looks at it
>boring
there may be only one carrot, friend.

Nice, but fake

so boring

I'd rather stick to my Soviet "Nomos" than getting a knock-off Chink "Nomos".

I have a vintage one, pretty beat up but I paid just 11€.

Pic related

R A R E

i mean it's like buying a bmw 7 series or something. yes, it't nice, but it's just an expected trapping of wealth. a standard sub isn't what you get if you love watches, just like a standard bmw isn't what you get if you love cars. both are what you get to signal to others that you've reached a certain amount of success or hit the required tax bracket. they're status symbols at this point. and yes, they're boring. less so if they're vintage.

True. Rolex are basically a meme now.

I see your point but I guess it suits me well. I'm only 19 and got it as a graduation gift. I wanted one that would last me for a long time, hopefully one I can pass on. I looked at more obscure rolex like yachtmaster and explorer but liked the sub not only because I thought it was the most aesthetically pleasing but that I knew that it would go with anything, which is good considering im not a Veeky Forumsggot and don't accessorize. I almost never take off my sub. I don't think I could do that with any other watch

I hadn't heard of this brand before and this is a lovely watch.

>classic watch that goes with everything
Why are you restating what he said? It's okay to own boring watches.

not fake

Rolex Submariner. Love it

because classic does not mean boring

Favorite one right here.

Just got this peice of shit on Amazon

It looks like for $30 but the ticking keeps breaking

peice of shit. Should I return it or keep it cuz it looks good?

>cuz it looks good

you really think so?

Most of the watches above are either shitty looking or dress watches for formal occasions.

I think this is a cool steam punk-ish pilot watch for causal occasion

>I almost never take off my sub. I don't think I could do that with any other watch

No date ceramic is superior

yeah, if i'm going with an all-around diver as my one watch, this is tops.

got me there
tfw first time on this board

wtc?

old pic but pretty much the same, still mad it fell down and got a scratch

Love it. Maybe you can replace the glass

Current rotation.

Inb4 >fossil group

I get really good deals okay?

#Sovietcore?
Bought this on ebay for $50 three weeks ago. I think it looks pretty smart, even though it takes a while to get used to the 24h face.

inb4 >hurr durr what a normiecore faggot xD

I like the watch. Price was more than affordable for someone with a low budget, and most importantly, I love the way it looks. Have gotten a lot of compliments as well, which is always nice.

stop buying fast fashion jesus

>so minimal we dropped le vowels

ngl this watch is fucking hideous
meme watch

>Found an old watch that i suppose was from my grandpa in a drawer
>Currently getting repaired

I'm so happy, new watches are so expensive

Astute observation.

Why is it hideous? I seriously want to know. It has an extremely minimalist design, which is what I want. It doesn't pull any punches. It's very straight forward and bold. No random numbers, or dials, or anything. Just a simple two colour system, black and gold.

How is this watch any different from these:
There isn't any difference, aside from small ones. It's a minimalist design. You're just mad about the brand itself. A decent looking watch that normal people actually decided to buy. It's astounding how mad you are that normal people joined the "watch club" and you can't be a patrician asshole by yourself anymore.

The third wristbands look really similar to my Withings' ones. Where are they from?

First starters I think black and gold is a shitty trashy nigger-tier combination that serves no aesthetic appeal and looks bad with any clothing. It offers no interesting design, the only thing it has going for it is it's "simplicity" which is ruined by the fact that it is thick. The name as stated is a meme name. Just a blah watch with shitty color and shape. You could do so much better

Congrats! Post a pic

>I think black and gold is a shitty trashy nigger-tier combination that serves no aesthetic appeal and looks bad with any clothing.

What a great subjective statement user. Thank you for the valid input on why this watch is objectively ugly. If we are only using anecdotal evidence, then again I will say I have gotten more compliments on this watch that any other watch I own, so apparently it is doing something correct.

>It offers no interesting design, the only thing it has going for it is it's "simplicity"

That's the point of minimalist user. The whole point is having no interesting design, just something "basic" and "baron". That's the appeal. It's like judging a shirt because it doesn't have a sick af graphic on it, and is instead only one design and colour. It's the kind of fashion it is adhering to. You're confusing it with something it is not.

>which is ruined by the fact that it is thick.

This makes no sense. Simplicity and degree of "thickness" is not synonymous with each other. While you may appreciate a minimalist watch that is "thin" in proportions, I do not. This does not mean a watch is objectively ugly, just that we like different things.

>The name as stated is a meme name.
Again, subjective. While I do agree it isn't the most creative name, I certainly don't hate it. Many companies have had stupid names and not only have they done well, but they are generally viewed in high esteem in the world. The name branding really shouldn't be the deciding factor. It should be quality and aesthetics for the price it is labelled. I think the quality of this watch and it's accompanying looks, are well worth the $100 I paid for them. The very fact you are so obsessed with the branding of the company, and it's accompanying image, tells me a lot. You own Beats, I assume?

>Just a blah watch with shitty color and shape. You could do so much better.
>and shape

Again, subjective. Would you prefer I have Mickey Mouse as the watch face? Link me some.

Hooooooollly shit, my post was
>ngl this watch is fucking hideous
I'm pretty sure "ngl" implies that the post is subjective. If you we're debating someone about what year the Declaration of Independence was signed, and they said "1775" would you say, "not gonna lie, it was actually 1776"? no you wouldn't. It was subjective. I think the watch is fucking ugly, but you seem so defensive and intent on proving that it is not ugly. Obviously there's a reason you're so defensive. How could someone that TRULY believes that their watch is, in fact, not hideous, yet still go so triggered by such a subjective short comment. You're practically begging for me to tell you why it's actually hideous so you can have an excuse to finally admit that it is hideous, and buy yourself a new one.

>I'm pretty sure "ngl" implies that the post is subjective.
>becomes defensive when he is proven wrong
>claims I myself, am being way too defensive

Okay friend. If you were just being personal with no real intent to argue, why didn't you just say the same thing when I asked you to tell me why it's ugly. Instead you spent the time to claim why I'm essentially an idiot and how the watch is the ugliest thing on earth, and shit all over everything. "How could someone respond explaining why I'm wrong? :^)"

Just stop.

The case looks so shitty for the price, you got memed

hate to break it to you, but the only one of those that even *might* be fast fashion is the far right.

the left two are swiss and $900 and $700 respectively. not very fast desu.

the remaining two are $275 and $155 which is not so very fast either (although it's not a $10,000 Rolex)

Straps and bracelets in order are Emporio Armani, Michele (on the Fossil Swiss watch), Fossil Swiss, Skagen, Fossil, Fossil

(^:

I want this really badly.

i really like it

any other "subtle" fitness tracker watches that dont look like a gshock watch and oakley sunglasses had a baby

this one is pretty nice but the leather one is pricy af

any Veeky Forums fitness trackers that arent watches as well?

Just got this as a gift...obviously thankful but is it fa?

Thinking about putting it on leather or canvas.

What model? JDM?

it's awful, just like your wrists

thx bruv

lol you bought a fossil for 700 what the fuck who swindled you

>fell for the "Swiss Made" meme

You paid $1000 for a shitty fashion watch made in China and "assembled" in Switzerland.

It looks about 6mm too large for your wrist.

seiko presage SPB039
damn really?

That's clearly inspired by a trench watch, which were often quite bulky, as they represented the transitional stage between pocket watches and wrist watches. It looks to big for your wrist.

I paid $90, I said already I get a good deal from work, that's the only reason I own them.

It's not like they're bad watches, even if they are decidedly "fashion" watches. They are nice looking (subjective of course) and keep relatively good time.

better off than this anyway which is basically glorified jewelry. a quartz movement dressed up in gold and a hefty price tag.

I would never wear a metal link strap unless you're wearing a suit and tie, definitely get a nice leather strap

Ye i know it's possible but i'm too lazy to do it

>rolex
>ever catching anyone's eye

Rolex looks like any other colorless mostly gray watch.

No one will know it's a Rolex but you unless you shove your wrist in their face.

It's the watch for middle aged men who think price tag = fashion

Anyone else have frozen wrists?

Not a fan of the Tissot, but it was a gift.

Maybe their pop/steel line?

withings.com/eu/en/products/activite-steel

I agree

Thoughts?

that casio's been through a lot of shit

Sarb is still one of my better life decisions. Recently decided to add a 4520 8000 Grand Seiko Hi beat to my collection only to discover it needs a complete overhaul.

Should of stayed the fuck away from vintage.

If it's real thats not bad. I would have gone for an El Primero or an Omega if I was looking for a chronograph in that price range.

Points for not just getting the portuguese

I do have the Portuguese as well, I just really liked the Portofino. And yes, quite real.

What do you think?
yes or no?

7/10
I like the little touch of blue, but maybe the faux-wood + gold + leather is too much. I like the design though

Yeah, I do everything with it on

Dude Gucci kills your shit

Rolex is Rolex for a reason though, they basically invented the dive watch and the difference in quality is pretty absurd even compared to a $1000-2000 watch.

Calling a Submariner boring is like calling Chuck Taylors boring...they may be overplayed today but only because they created a genre/aesthetic that's very common now.

Kopernics are so cool. Thanks for reminding me to cop one.

Don't fall for the swatch meme. I bought one and fell apart within two weeks of me wearing it.

>damn really?
no, closer to 3mm too big.