/utg/ - urban techwear general

>What is techwear?
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality that enables breathability, water-resistance, comfort, etc. through the use of textiles and construction techniques. When you mention clothes a wide array of different designs will come to mind and it goes the same with techwear although the fashion community likes to lump technical clothing into this one look. This idea that it's a futuristic military style, but that's just not the case. Conroy Nachtigall a former designer of Arc'teryx Veilance explains creating technical clothing as:"It's not thinking about zippers is not thinking about seem tapes, not thinking about ... all these little elements. Those are all part of the end goal"

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
Help expand our new guide to Urban Techwear. Edit anything you see fit that will add value to the page. There's now a brand list to add to and reference:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Talk about Techwear on Discord
discord.gg/s58tce7

>Y-3 Sport A/W '16 Campaign
youtube.com/watch?v=aBnXq6XlTQM

No cybergoth in this thread please, if you want to talk cybergoth then make a general for it

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/1066035-Life-Behind-Bars-Echelon
discord.gg/s58tce7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone got any reccs on a decently prices messenger bag? preferrably waterproof

you could buy mine, senpai

grailed.com/listings/1066035-Life-Behind-Bars-Echelon

40 dollars and we got a deal

Best international (read: European) milsurp online shops? Of all the people on this board I assume you guys are most likely to know.

Also, what are your favourite /tech/ milsurp items? Mine is pic related: Finnish 1980s cargo wool trousers. Very sturdy stuff that cleans very easily, hardly ever gets smelly and protects well against rain and cold.

send an offer familia
if you're in the US it's yours

I sent 45. im in uk. why you selling it btw?

Varusteleka.fi is one of the largest I think

Yes, that is where I got my wonderful pants.
thesovietrussia.com is also great, mostly because of cheap gorkas and pic related.
Now I am looking for more obscure sites to find more obscure an more recent/goodlooking stuff.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but does anyone know which Stone Island jacket this is?

And actually, does anyone know of any jacket similar looking?

What else are you looking for? Any actual messenger bag is going to be waterproof.

The French F1 field jacket is far and away the best field jacket anyone's made. The Bundeswehr parka actually doesn't do anything for me, but the liner for it looks amazing as a standalone jacket.

Wow. Where can I cop it?

>tfw it's getting to the point of the year where it's cold enough and it gets dark early enough for me to wear a shell jacket and gloves without looking like a sperg
feelsgoodman

Just google it. It's not a rare or expensive jacket.

How is wool a tech material?

GYAK IS BACK

this new gyakusou season is great, they already have pictures on the nike lab store

I don't "get" Gyankusou. It's not cool like the Special Field AF1's or the Tech Fleece hoodies. What is the appeal?

Back to plebbit you MFA cancer. :)

Its very very practical and functional running wear by jun from Undercover and nike, its sleek and unlike most techwear it uses color

>sturdy
>resistant to odours
>doesn't wrinkle easily
>extremely easy to clean
>protects well from wind and cold
>doesn't get wet easily and dries fast
Yeah, I don't fucking know. Mind you, the pants pictured are made from very thick, tightly woven wool, vintage militarygrade quality.

Anyone rec some good tech pants?

Just go to the discord. This thread is cancer and the discord is actually good.

Where do you find this stuff in Canada? They don't even let me see the Nikelab stuff on nike.com/ca.

how 2 access?

>discord.gg/s58tce7
and just type any nickname u want or make an account. it still works no account