Teddy Roosebelt as America's leader in Civ VI

Do you like the decission? Do you think that it is a good choice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qzC5cUQcFk&t=9m
imgur.com/a/RQrls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really. Should have gone with Lincoln again.

I mean, it aight.

I got nothing against T.

F.D.R could be cool tho

>No Andrew Jackson
To the trash it goes.

He looks ridiculous.But it's fine. At least he had character so it's not a terrible choice.
At least it wasn't that scum FDR. Not that I think TR was amazing or anything.

I'm personally tired of the Lincoln meme

Will there be a gunboat diplomacy special?

I wish they'd let you play as a civilization rooted in a certain geographical area, like the Indus river valley, and that you could just choose a new leader each age ala Age of Mythology.

Shame he's the last naturalist president we ever had.

Where is the female leader? What the fuck, sexist much?

Never gonna happen.Revenue wont go up,and It is cheaper to put a single leader. I also like that Idea.

>Hillary Clinton will be the leader of America in the next civ game,else they will sue 2k for patriarcal violence against womyn

Terrible choice. FDR, Jefferson, Lincoln are all better choices. These are people who shaped the nation and the national mythology.

Teddy is a meme president.

Washington still remains the best choice bas least.

>implying 2k won't sue them back because of breaking some secret clause of new free trade agreement, and then win.

I'm tired of the meme meme, I.e. dismissing something because it is popular

It never sat well with me to pick leaders that get early game units when most people want to play on medium or faster.

Shit, they could even tie it easily with the GnK system of religion over certain historical schisms, but we can't have nice things.

He was that fat?

He's a big guy

The consumer is very easy to please. That is why dlc's happen so often. If people organized a bit and sabotaged this abusive practices the infustry would improve a lot.

>No Andrew Jackson
Your opinion is trash.

To each its own :)
I do indeed like variation

And you can go with the Lincoln and still have variation

God damnit I hate the Civ 6 art style

feels like im gonna be playing a combo of the Sims and Clash of Clans.

They should have gone with the best "obscure" president, Rutherford B. Hayes.

I've actually been a big fan of Teddy as a Civ leader. It makes sense to choose leaders that interacted with the world as you would in Civ, but also had a lot of military presence. He did both.

But holy shit did they confuse Teddy for Taft?

>Andrew Jackson

Will people ever stop trying to force the 'Andrew Jackson is best president' meme? It was dead on arrival and never made any sense. There are so many better choices, AJ was good but he barely breaks the top 10, and completely misses the top 5.

>Telling the banks to fuck off
>Paving the expansion to the west
>Undefeated in duels
>Total badass
Would make a pretty great civ leader.

Really don't like them going back to the cartoonish style, I thought the "MUH REELIZM" worked pretty good for V

I just hope they keep those dank Great Wonder portraits/actual art/actual excerpts from great writings

>I am a cuck

Have some self respect and stop trying to suck the dicks of "badasses." It's embarrassing for everyone.

>I just hope they keep those dank Great Wonder portraits/actual art/actual excerpts from great writings
FUCKING THIS

It depends, paradox does it right in my book.

Still waiting for an argument

Well their last game (Stellaris) was basically a beta stage game on release and CK2 and Victoria were pretty mediocre without mods. Most companies just abuse the dlc practice. The internet destroyed the industry.

Lets post more dank wonder paintings

For you

>Liking meme presidents

what's this russkie statue called?

The Motherland Calls

Still stands in Volgograd

I'm playing Stellaris now and while it's fun early game and late game, the majority of the game is boring mid-game. There's really nothing to do. Never would I think a galaxy could be so empty,lifeless and boring.
Especially the research. After a certain point the only options you get are +5 weapon damage or +5 attack speed. It feels like they started at either end of the game and never finished the middle part

as long as [spoiler]dido[/spoiler] is in it I'm satisfied
>inb4 fictional character
I DONT CARE, SHE IS PERFECTION

Your opinion is mirrored in the dev log. They have some planned, free updates in the next two months and then it's onto DLC.

>Dido
>Not Isabella

Non-american here. What did Teddy actually do to deserve being in Mt. Rushmoore? What historical events did he protagonize? Basically, what did he do apart from being badass which is the only thing internet memes tell me about him?

He created the national parks and was a bit full of himself. So he put himself up there with actually important presidents like Jefferson, Washington, and Lincoln

ehh, a Isabella is fine too

Nah, he's Reddit's favourite president. Teddy Roosevelt was a diehard imperialist, warmonger and racist. I don't know why people so often overlook that in favour of "DUDE BIG GAME HUNTER LMAO" or "DUDE SHOT DURING A SPEECH AND FINISHED LMAO".

Best choice would obviously be Abraham Lincoln for successfully ending slavery, guiding America through industrialization, maintaining warm relations with the US' historical adversary the British Empire and crushing a traitorous rebellion of white supremacist slave "republic" whose tainted neo-feudal society would have no doubt inflicted human misery well into the 20th century

Also, modern day Mexican and Cubans should be very grateful for Lincoln since the post-war Confederacy was seriously considering its expansion into both of those nations' realms for the purpose of expanding slavery.

Alternatively George Washington for his steadfast resolve and for possessing seemingly incorruptible Democratic principles not seen since the times of the Roman Republic.

Invent national parks.

Which is a grand achievement, America has lots of cool national parks.

He created the National Park system in the US. I assume since Mt. Rushmore is IN a National park that has something to do with it.
I'm probably alone on this but this is the reason I like Teddy. Personally he actually seemed like a dick, but his appreciation and protection of the native wildlife and plants is something to be admired.

>implying Andrew Jackson isn't the biggest meme president of all

That is exactly what I implied. He is the biggest meme president followed by Teddy. Neither fits among the top 5 most important presidents even including their accomplishments out of office.

Nothing actually. The only thing he did of note was setting the precedent of unchallenged American influence in the Caribbean and the establishment of the Food and Drug Administration but other than that...?

I'm actually surprised they would choose him over say someone who actually influenced the United States significantly like FDR who singlehandedly transformed us from a politically isolated republic into a globe trotting hegemon that has directly participated in 4 of the 5 bloodiest conflicts of the 20th century

I actually like that a man who did this is so famous, but it seems a bit silly. He didn't win any important war or achieve any diplomatic victory or something? Historical leaders rarely get famous just for protecting nature.

Precisly. Unless you go bananas with wars and purges and slavery the game is empty. Economy is dull, and there are not much variety. They realesed a game that wasnt polish,but it still has great potential.

Probably because Teddy's foreign policy is seen as uncouth nowadays. Most of the good things he did like Trust busting, the FDA, National parks, ect were domestic policy.

>They realesed a game that wasnt polish,but it still has great potential

sound like every paradox-game

I'm okay with Teddy being the pick, but that model needs a lot of work. It looks too much like Dr Eggman in the Sonic Boom cartoon.

He is the US president after all

but will he carry a big stick?

What other leaders have been revealed? Where can I check it?

Also, I wish so much they would bring the feature that changed the leaders' costumes to adjust them to the different eras. Some leaders just look stupid and out of place in certain periods, like Washington in the stone age or Hiawatha in the nuclear era. Not gonna be changed though, sadly.

That might actually be doable with mods.

Look up the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine. He redefined US foreign policy forever.

He redefined

I would pay to see their idea of stone-age washington.

Why does the game look so cartoony? Teddy has the anatomical proportions of a Team Fortress 2 character.

I really wish they'd bring back the Civ 3 thing where the characters would dress in period clothing no matter when they actually lived

The best was Montezuma who, in the modern age of the game, is dressed in a western style business suit and has a picture of Herman Cortez hanging up on a wall with darts stuck to it in his political office

YES THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT

Paradox has been dropping the ball repeatedly with kind of shitty DLCs lately, though. I don't mind regular DLC for a game especially if it funds continued support, but they're burning out their good will at a tremendous speed with their latest EUIV DLCs.
Not to mention the CKII nonsense. I was always so pissed that I buy a DLC but then the faces and music packs are separate. Just put it all in the one package rather than parcelling it out like that.

>that maya voltaire

>not obama

Then make one worth responding to.

N
O
T
An
Argument

God, Mare Nostrum was so bad. They also had to break the game first with corruption too.
I kinda like the state system, but corruption is just a feel-bad, spiteful, lose-more mechanic that punishes you for things that you already are punished for.

Have the Assyrians ever been playable in civ? I've only played up to IV, and don't recall ever seeing them.

>He didn't win any important war or achieve any diplomatic victory or something

Well he was the big force behind the Spanish American war which is forgotten despite actually being a turning point in modern history. Also he mediated the peace talks of the Russo Japanese war and starting the construction of the panama canal.

Teddy would be a good choice of leader for a Civ but I don't play it so I don't care too much.

10/10 Would wait out the winter in that castle.

In V they were playable if you bought the DLC

In V they are playable if you bought the DLC

>>Teddy Roosevelt was a diehard imperialist, warmonger and racist.
I think you will find that lots of leaders put into Civ games have been precisely those things. Furthermore, none of those things are objectively bad, and none of them should disqualify a man or woman from being a leader in one of these titles.

1 vote for Hitler as leader of Germany

There is no such thing as objectively bad, but those things increase overall human misery.

Agreed, though, peaceniks make shitty Civ leaders.

>There's no such thing as objectively bad

Found the lefty.

>>those things increase overall human misery
Dude, where do you think you are again? We like causing human misery here.

TR favored big government and other forms of control. The disease of the proggressive era.

I really can't get into Civilizations due to each and every civilization led by some immortal anachronistic god-emperor/empress.

Really kills the government aspect of the game.

I preferred it in IV where the wonders got built in little fast-motion videos. That was cute.

That is back in VI

It is more about external conflicts than internal ones. It has always been.

That's coming back for Civ VI but it's gonna be done in-game

youtube.com/watch?v=2qzC5cUQcFk&t=9m

9:00

Aww man, the BOOSH of the scaffolding falling down at the end is gone. That was the best bit.

>teddy is a meme president
>mentions FDR

>Reddit's favourite president
>diehard imperialist, warmonger and racist
Does not compute

Well I assumed that the person I'm speaking with would agree, since they don't find theft and murder immoral.

I know, I should really stop visiting a website for teenagers.

Is there a wallpaper version of this?

They're not big enough to have their own wallpapers but there's this which adds some padding

imgur.com/a/RQrls

i think that the blurry thing kind of detracts from the images, but it's still really nice

thanks!

Holy shit, Teddy, you gotta lose some weight.

Cuba already had slavery tradition and would've joined the confederation with gusto if liberated, much better than becoming a puppet like the USA made them.

Smoke Jaguar becomes nicer over time?

>be friends with America
>they invade you because you have fruit
Teddy's presidency in a nutshell.

Here's all we know so far

>Ghandi leads India (from various interviews)
>Teddy leads America
>Cleopatra leads Egypt (from stories about the gameplay)
>Qin Shi Huang leads China (from pic related)