ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php
youtube.com/watch?v=ul9h7GyGl60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Fresh thread, post updated wear lists. Bondfag reporting in this time. Just started using the basenotes scent of the day tool.

Not tracking your autism?
basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php

Whats the "black t-shirt and jeans" of fragrances?

I cant be bothered trying all this shit and i dont wanna smell like a fuccboi or 40yo porsche driver either.

Maybe even something tea-like?

I always laff at people coming in here for reccs who have no clue. Just go into your large local department store and smell whatever you like then buy an $80 bottle of whatever aquatic, bright generic cologney smelling stuff that pleases your untrained pleb nose and attracts whatever girls you think you're going to get.

Actually, it's better to stay this way, being a fraghead is kind of cringe. I wouldn't call myself one, but eventually your nose gets so fucked that you're into some crazy earthy butthole ambergris shit that regular people would think smells like shit. So you're going around wearing your butthole shit saying to yourself "hurr durr this frag is for ME not for any of these plebs, what do their pleb noses know about my nichey $400 frag anyway"

And those are my thoughts for the day, just like fashion, I think it's best to just float on the surfaces. Be aware, but don't fall into the deep end, maybe just swim somewhere in the middle?

How do you feel about Atelier Cologne's Vetiver Fatal?

>surface

Like that one?

>tfw orange is too synthetic and strong

If the sort of recommendations on this board are any indicator....dont fucking ever listen to Veeky Forums.

Youre better off just buying the most liked fragrance on Amazon.

Very good. I've only tried the Atelier, but Vetiver Tonka and Bal d'afrique are supposed to be very similar. It'd be worth testing those to find the version you like the most.

Dude will end up with Nautica Blue or some similar garbo frag. This general usually gives safe, albeit repetitive, advice.

Any fragrance out ther that makes me smell like fresh baked buns?

Im not kidding. What kind of smell im looking here for? Cinnamon?

musc ravageur

>that price

I wanna buy a cologne not the fucking bakery.

Is there a fragrance that smells like any type of fabric/fabric-esque material that isn't leather/suede?

New Harlem, Tokyo Milk's bittersweet

What is /frag/'s general opinion of Mancera and Montale's oud fragrances?

Laurence Dumont Tendre Madeleine
Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau
Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita Lempicka
Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Cannelle
Guess by Marciano

what other fabric has a scent..

why dooger is in my Veeky Forums?

I like Méharées better than MR. Much less of the medicinal clove note and fantastic long/proj.

Montale is the only EdT that accurately captures real oud oil IME. If you're used to the "oud" in popular frags, you might not like it. Very different. Kind of like the dried horseradish that sushi places serve as "wasabi" vs. the real ground root.

exactly my dilemma, bitch nigga

>Whats the "black t-shirt and jeans" of fragrances?
Something from CDG like 2Man. Maybe La Nuit too, but I hear the reformulated version isn't as good as it used to be.

Odeur 53 smells like warm cotton with a hint of an ozone/electronic smell.

>tfw nowhere to sample Montale frags in person in Canada unless I travel all the way over to Toronto

I have several Mancera parfums but no Montales yet. I know that both lines are from the same nose, but are there major differences in style etc? I love Mancera Gold Intensive Aoud and enjoy Aoud Line / Aoud Café.

Gold Intensive Aoud is versatile and complex, but still approachable as Oud fragrances go. Lasts twelve hours easily (all Manceras are long lived). I sprayed it yesterday afternoon and it required extra scrubbing to remove during my morning shower. Top five fragrance for me.

Considering getting this. Reminds me of something I smelt as a child but I don't quite remember what, all I remember is this scent.

Already have 2MAN, 888 and Hinoki.

Ever go to a Catholic church? Or funeral?

going to go out on a limb and say you smelled it in a catholic church, maybe at a service, maybe at a funeral

Could be. I think I'd only use 1-2 sprays. I reckon it could be quite overpowering and best to be subtle with it.

ALRIGHT FAGGOTS, I'VE GIVEN YOU ENOUGH THREADS AND ENOUGH TIME, WHATS THE BEST PERFUME EVER

cum

Eat a dick cunt, it's subjective. Fuck off back to your w2c facials from a tribe of effay niggers threads

ok Veeky Forums help me out:
I usually dress in lighter (almost acidwash) slim jeans or black slim pants, with various hoodies or tshirts/long sleeves. I keep to more light colors, usually whites and grays with the exception of my red crew-neck that i love. I live in a pretty urban setting and i try to be charismatic.
I also like more spiced scents, i feel they're more cozy and sweet on the nose.

What fragrance should i look for??

Thoughts on Hinoki/2MAN? I can go read a shit ton of thoughts, but I want an anons for some reason

What's the most comfy fragrance you can think of?
I can picture waking up next to a grill, sun just starting to stream through the blinds onto the bed. She embraces you wearing a cashmere sweater and gets out of bed, coming back with coffee and breakfast.

Help me reach max comfy /frag/

D&G The One: For Men.
Maximum comfy.

Any other good fragrance documentaries besides the one linked in OP?

>sex
>price range
>seasons/weather
>occasions
>other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike
>special conditions
>other ephemera

>ephemera

Look into woody spicy or oriental stuff.
Eg. London for Men

Tobacco Vanille

Should I fall for the Tuscan Leather meme?

Anyone here have it and can give me their review?

mainly 2 very strong notes -- raspberry and the smell of finished leather (like a new leather couch). There;s a subset of people who only smell wet ashtray so get a tester

Tuscan Leather is overpriced, there are plenty of other frags that do the exact same thing and are much more affordable, for example:

Rasasi La Yuqawam Homme
Pal Zileri Cuoio
Parfums de Marly Golodphin
Monotheme Venezia Leather
Montale Aoud Leather
Dueto Parfums Golden Boy

>Rasasi La Yuqawam Homme
I prefer it to TL.

tonka imperiale smells like the lobby of a 5 star hotel. or like a high end store. or like the feeling of being in them. i want to wear this every day, but feel like i'd be underdressed.

Hinoki is great, perfect on cold, frosty days. Smells very woody, almost like car air freshener but much nicer.

2MAN is great as well but I can't really smell it anymore as I've used it so much. I think my nose has got used to it. It's a lot less unique than Hinoki and good for everyday use.

Rate me boys. (Dont hurt me im a newfag)

What are your guys go-to "warm" frags?

pic related is what i live and die by

To the guy who asked me about employee discount at pic related last thread:
it's 50%

I want to buy pic related, thoughts on it ?

When I was getting into fragrances it was starting to become super played out, but it's a nice fragrance nonetheless.

Has anyone gotten this? Im interested to see if its good or not

Can somebody help me choose a meme tier fragrance for the club tonight
>Versace eros
>invictus
>CH 212 vip men
>reformulated la nuit

E R O S

Yeah I thought so, thanks bud

Anyone tried Xeryus Rouge? I can't even imagine how it smells only by the notes.

I know you'll probably call my taste "Jeremy Fragrance 101" or something, but my favourite fragrances before I even heard of Jeremy are;

Eau Sauvage
La Nuit
Profumo
Aqva amara

Can you recommend me a new fragrance I'd like? Fancy something new

What fragrances do you love to smell or wear at home, but can't really pull off in public because they don't suit you?

I'll start: Lonestar Memories and Cuir Mauresque and just about every manly leather ever made.

I wear borderline unisex fragrances at home. Stuff that can only barely pass as masculine, like Bond Chinatown or JHaG Oil Fiction. Also loud oud scents that are too potent for work, though I frequently wear those to go shopping or while running errands.

eau sauvage isnt jeremycore and the rest are liked without him so you're fine

you do probably have similar tastes to him though, so try bleecker street, really great green scent that lasts forever

>male
>100 or under
>casual wear when im going to class or around the city with friends
>not too picky, i like spiced scents and fruity/herbal smells
>no issues i know of

Looking for a unique, masculine, long-lasting, work-appropriate winter scent

Anyone got suggestions?

Bleecker Street is a safe bet. Large (100ml) tester bottles are currently under $100 on Beautyspin.

Boss bottled intense

Actually, nailed it: Burberry London fM is the first thing I thought of, provided you are looking for something for cooler weather. Spicy, cozy and sweet don't tend to lend themselves to warmer temps. Other things you might try:

Méharées
Pure Malt
Bentley for Men Intense
Body Kouros
Chergui
Eau des Baux
Égoïste
Oud: Black Vanilla Absolute
Rochas Man
Tea for Two

Smells so fucking bad.

Dior Eau Savuage Parfum
Dior Homme
Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver
Hermes Terre d'Hermes Parfum
Narciso Rodrigez for Him Eau de Parfum Intense
Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme

Isn't Terre d'Hermes of of a Spring/Summer fragrance?

Anyone here try both Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Parfum?

Which would you recommend?

I find it appropriate for any season

Warm as in warm smelling, or for warm weather?

Alright as long as you don't feel content

This >I find it appropriate for any season
But to me it's the perfect fall frag.

Love the sight of Diavolo next to Jubilation.

w2c fragances online for cheap?

I own both. parfum is very rich and deep. It's very much a colder scent than intense. I think intense is more universal as it could be worn with most things where as Parfum's distinctive leather accord tends to Lean towards formal. People seem to think the reform for intense is bad, I wholly disagree. It's still quite strong, although parfum is in another league altogether. That thing'll perform till the next day on your skin and won't leave your clothes till you wash them. Careful you don't gas people out in confined spaces.
This was just a ramble, but i think you just need to smell them and decide for yourself.

Fragrancenet and beautyspin are good sources in the US. Beautyspin offers good sales and clearance prices. Both sites sell tester bottles, which are good for saving money when the actual juice is what's most important to you and you can do without fancy packaging or (often) a spray cap.

Really like Valentino Uomo but already own Profumo so don't know if I should buy it. Are they too similar

Tell me why I shouldn't buy Versace Eau Fraiche and what I should get instead. Need a summer fragrance, I'm in my mid 20s, outdoorsy type. The weather will be high 90s more often than not, but sometimes nights will be cooler. This is the reason why I am doubtful regarding Eau Fraiche, at night it will be far too disgusting to wear. Like my perfumes to open fresh and end in woods. Any suggestions, from meme-tier to unknown and repulsive smells to normies, are welcome.

thx

is it fine to store in a relatively cold climate as long as temps are consistent?

A more mature version of Invictus Aqua?

Where do you buy fragrances online? Scared to pull the trigger on some mainly because I have no idea if they'll be fake or not but also looking online reviews of the sites and a lot of them are really bad, like fragrancenet etc.

My suggestion is to always to make a small purchase, and see what happens. Most people who review companies, specially online, are only doing so because they got fucked. Get a 20 dollar blind buy at the most popular stores, then hope for the best.
If you can afford that, then all you can do is pick the best reviewed online store and get lucky.

cold is fine. heat is the problem

should I even bother with a bottle of ck one?
it's pretty cheap and smells ok but it's super boring and common.

what are some other fragances that are really cheap, smell good and can use everyday.

nautica voyage

>tfw you will never start your own perfume house

What's a fragrance that smells deep, well-reposed, and yet bold like the ocean?
I don't know how to ask this in a less cringe manner, and I've been on the road too long to think of a better way.

You're asking too much from a fragrance.

One perfume can't be everything desirable at once.

Just get Memeventus or one of its many knock-offs.

>like the ocean
ADG profumo so I hear

any recommendation for fragrance that's reminiscent of cherry candy?

Is there a single good youtube review channel for fragrances

looking for something like D&G the one, but with more projection and longevity
>the one EDP need not apply

Not with that attitude

these don't quite fit the bill but
comme des garcons play red (not the original)
by kilian back to black (more of a raspberry candy, some say it smells like a raspberry jolly rancher)
parfums de marly herod

sorry that none of those hit the mark, but i hope you find something you like there and haven't tried those
cereus no 14

Looking for scents to match shoegaze.
MAYBE if possible anything that brings this sound to the language of scent.
youtube.com/watch?v=ul9h7GyGl60

Maybe because they are good. The problem is when EVERYONE is wearing them.

I recently came to the realisation that if i wanna actually show some individuality, i have to stick to basic hygiene products no one uses and just dont use any scent at all.

Dont even start....