Why are so many schizophrenics religious?

Why are so many schizophrenics religious?

Why are almost zero schizophrenics religious?

Why are so schizophrenics left-handed?

Hey I had psychosis, am either schizo or bipolar. But I only "believe" in nonsense when psychotic.
It is not like I'm delusional all day.

But some schizos are indeed delusional all day, every day. Mostly.

This schizo is also a thousand times smarter and more accomplished than you. So what does that make you?

There's a relation between schizophrenia and religion though. I may not be well versed in the issue, but it takes two seconds to google "schizophrenia and religion" and see it's seriously discussed.

But a relation with religion when psychotic or not? I had psychosis and thought people thought I was Jesus while I wasn't - but they thought so. Other psychotic people think they really are Jesus.

Yes, and also there is a correlation with severe psychosis and left-handedness as well. You can google that too. I don't have answers for you, just more questions. Is there something relating left-handedness and religiousness?

>"God's world is perfectly just. Only a nigger cannot see. That's why niggers have no morals."

What did he mean by this?

there is also a relation between atheism and autism

The content of psychotic delusions often deals with religious content, probably because these are some of the grandest themes and powers that a person is going to be exposed to.

In India for example it's a common delusion to think of oneself as channeling a certain God or being able to talk to your ancestors. Whereas in the west religious delusions are usually beliefs about one being the messiah and hearing the voices of demons/angels.

The fact is delusions can occupy nearly every weird part of our subconscious, like being afraid you're made of glass or that you don't exist.

I saw a documentary where they interviewed this 20 something kid with Grand-mal seizures. He was an atheist but the seizures caused him to go on existential trips to meet God and other beings. He went nuts and thought he was Jesus one time.
But despite the severity of the disease, he said he'd never get rid of it. His conversations about philosophy with his dad while seizing and his feeling of connection with the universe are more important than his sanity to him. I thought that was incredibly interesting. I wonder if this is what happened with a lot of prophets in the past.

I suggest to check out the Imprinted Brain Theory. It deals with both autism and psychosis. I do think one of the creators, Christopher Badcock, of the theory stretches it a bit in his book

Pic related

There's also a relationship between schizos and being left handed though

40% of all schizos are lefties

Do you ever stop taking your meds for a little while and go crazy for a bit just for funsies?

So I have had psychosis and I when I do I have grand visions, sort of like phrophecies. I always imagine a new world that I build. With me as king... Kek.

It's not very fun from what I understand. And the troubling part is you aren't aware that you're psychotic during, so you can't just take an insanity vacation. It could escalate into total relapse.

Oh, cool.I tought you were just dissmising the topic with an absurd example, but actually seems to be a lot of features related to handedness. Weird.

Can't find anything on religion and handedness, unfotunately.

I didn't take the meds for some time because they fuck you up, but I don't immediatly go into psychosis.

I knew a guy who had serious schizophrenia with hallucinations. He had it often. I do not have hallucinations, just racing thoughts and get delusional.

I also get manic which is the best part, I can get scared in full psychosis.

Yeah there's a lot of weird things like that with schizophrenia. I think it's just an incredibly complicated disorder seeing as how it varies so much in the details depending on the person. Who knows exactly how many genes are related to it.

The second time I was actually aware. But everyones different.

Even the first time I had psychosis I remember I checked the Wikipedia on schizophrenia when I was getting psychotic.

Why are schizophrenics so smart?

I've always learned with lefties is that using the left hand crosses certain areas of the brain over and is basically different parts of your brain doing the same thing flipped, or something. So left handed people tend to have atypical brain patterns. They can think in new and different ways, which is why creativity is often attributed to them, and also probably why there are more gay lefties as well. Also with schizophrenia and other psychoses. But its hard to tell what is causation or correlation. Lefties also live on average 10 years less than righties, and there's a higher suicide and mental illness rate. So does left-handedness cause this or is it a symptom of an atypical brain already disposed to mental illness.
The human brain is still so mysterious. Can an entity ever truly know itself objectively?

Perception of order in a nonrational way. Like the opposite of Catholics and the inversion of Buddhists

CIA niggers. I killed one with my car.

My dad took lsd a few times in the 70s and he wrote a silly book about how he's god and also how everyone is actually one being/entity and that nothing actually exists

>tfw we might have already sent the next Jesus into a nut house

most people are religious?