Toronto

Hello Veeky Forums
Bit of background, I'm headed to toronto in about a week with plans of experiencing the nightlife with a group of friends and my girl. I don't want to look like a dildo, and feel as though my look has been stale for about a year or two. Simply grey J. Crew pants with some denim or flannel button down and black clark desert boots.

I don't mind the conservative look, and enjoy a minimalist, understated look. I am looking for some inspo that incorporates the longer overcoats that I am contemplating integrating into my winter wardrobe. I'm not a big fan of streetcore trend as it looks clownish in most of the instances I've seen it, and it's just not my style. Still, I don't something that either looks full on fedoracore menswear or just plain boring so I enjoy small subtle cues. Any inspo or advice, especially pertaining to how the people in those clubs generally dress?

>pic related, contemplating copping this bomber

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/drycleanonly/toronto-style-profiles
grailed.com/drycleanonly/interview-alexandria-skeffington-the-featured-article
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bombers are safe and all but Id never wear a bomber to be stylish

For jackets and layering, what apparel would you consider instead?

buy a long coat. they're pretty handy, and they've been around too long to say theyre overplayed. you can layer it with pretty much anything. flannel shirts with a simple tee, a turtle neck, or even a fleece jacket.

make sure to buy one with a thin collar and an overall minimalistic and drapey feel. big collars make em look like peacoats.

you could also wear em with jeans, sweatshirt, and some boots to pull off an edgy skinhead look

You or anyone else care to comment on some designers/brands in the ~200 range?

despite the memeing, zara has some pretty good stuff at an affordable price range.

just make sure to stay away from blended fabric garbage

>experiencing the nightlife with a group of friends and my girl.

Its really nothing different than any other city desu. How people dress will completely depend on what kind of place you go to. If you go to a nice looking (lol) club, it'll be 500 guys in button ups, if you go to a bar, then anything normal goes etc.

don`t go to toronto
it`s awful

(Not op)
Could any of you explain why toronto is getting so much hate?
I stayed a few nights in toronto and I really liked it

Mostly jealous poorfags if they're not from Toronto or depressed losers if they are.

Probably because Canadians think it is cultured, when in reality, there are no cultured cities in Canada.

hey no stop sir, please. I've lived in Toronto for 10 years and it's very nice

what "clubs" are you going to?

The Toronto club district and thus, club scene, has completely died.

If you want advice, stay away from any place labelled a club.

The city changes it's designated "cool" places yearly. The cool part of the city for nightlife is currently dundas west.

There's dive bar after dive bar, but the most important places have limited capacities (i.e. Bambi's) so show up early.

The coolest "club" in Toronto right now is probably Lost & Found, but it's virtually impossible to get into without bottle reservations, again due to limited capacity.

Aside from Lost& Found, stay away from King st. in general.

r/streetwear: the city

aka full of tryhard fags and niggers

get a new jacket, man
I hope to get up to Toronto someday (14 hour drive) to check out the streetwear shops
haven, capsule, etc

should've gone to Montreal if nightlife is what you're looking for. you fucked up OP. Toronto's night life is shit and dead.

>If you want advice, stay away from any place labelled a club.

this is solid advice for any city tbqh. try to find a local bar with local kids or look up the RA page for the city you're in to find underground DIY venues.

Montreal's nightlife is full of kiddies from Ontario who want to take advantage of the lower drinking limit. and french Canadians are generally fucked in the head

Canada is Toronto and Vancouver. nothing else exists, sorry!

grailed.com/drycleanonly/toronto-style-profiles
grailed.com/drycleanonly/interview-alexandria-skeffington-the-featured-article

toronto's streetwear scene is a gigantic circlejerk of parrots

If that's youre opinion of Montreal you either have never been here or you had a bad experience because you were too clueless and didnt know anyone to show you the good spots in the city, sorry!

Alright thanks for the explainations guys
I’m more of a d/ic/k so I really liked the street art, but now that I look back at it, there were some people wearing ridiculous stuff

but that's every streetwear scene and really fashion in general. if you say differently you're just not being honest with yourself

We have a table at Rebel, it's not bad price wise compared even to the shit hole of Cleveland

lost & found is p lame senpai