Help a tryhard out

Hey Veeky Forums
I found this wool coat, and I love it, but: can it be worn without looking like a redditor? preferably punk-leaning?
I'm Veeky Forums impaired, so, thanks.

Put some buttons on it, done.

button all buttons and wear black jeans instead of green and I think you might not look autistic

I knew this was the right place to ask.

Whatever you do to this OP, you'll look like shit because it doesnt fit you.

This. You look like a fucking retard

It looks perfect on you already
Where did you cop?

Pretty sure sarcastic, but hey.
Thrift store. It has brass buttons, and it's branded "IMPERIAL" which is some kind of 70's italian army surplus.

For reals?
I'm aware the pants and boots are a fucking disgrace. I am.
But I thought the coat fit was pretty good.

Not sarcastic. I mean it isn't PERFECT but it's really good

I'll look into imperial

Or not. Not surplus. Just some brand.

Okay thanks

I think you need to run an iron over it first, especially the collars. It looks very boxy amd unflattering.

What shoes are those?

The jacket doesnt even fit you. Get it tailored or buy another.

It fits perfect dude dont listen to all the other fags

Heres the rub OP. If its millitary surplus its likely to be made with function in mind. Heres what you do.

Iron it and nip any threads off it.
Pair with a set of washed indigo jeans in a decent fit and as its a millitary coat, a nice set of brown leather boots. Try to avoid tan. Underneath have a jumper of some sort in a dark blue or maroon or a t shirt and tie it all off with a scarf in a dark colour, again maroon would be a good one.

Voila.

The cuts a bit different, but the colours are there abouts.

Get black, properly fitted jeans and youre golden. Btw work on your posture, you look like youre not comfortable in your body.

The beard and the baggy GREEN jeans make you look like an /r/MFA numale more than the coat ever could.

..inspector gadget?

looks better buttoned up but in your first photo it looks fucking atrocious

bin your fucking trousers and have a shave for christ's sake

Throw the pants away, switch them out for something in either brown, olive, black, or grey. The bright green looks like ass. If you want to be a punk get some denim and combat boots and stop caring so much.

why do you guys do this to him?