/resurrection/ general

Some of you will probably disengange your critical thinking after a few sentences and direct some abuse this way, but if you can make it to the end of this post and then think about what you want to say, then there might be some hope after all.

Veeky Forums is troubled

We don't need to worry about post history, but that doesn''t necessarily mean we can cunt eachother off endlessly. Sure, some people need to be told, but it is depressing af when you go into the WAYWT thread and people just reply "shit, kys yourself" rather than at least trying to help.

Threads like "are bulges kino", "are my friends effay" and "what core is this" are a shitshow.

So how do we get Veeky Forums back on track?

Less complaining about the old days and newfags? Fine it's a bedtime story but humankind/Christianity needed Judas since without him there wouldve been no resurrection and no saviour of our time shit.

w2c general, waywt, cop or not, fuccboi/qtddtot etc are essential, but there needn't be 3 cop or not threads ffs.

Be constructive rather than destructive. There's a lot of angst flying around, but it's killing the community. If you don't like a certain topic you don't need to go in to tell everyone, it brings the thread quality down and reduces the willingness of people to post OC.

Let's not embarrass ourselves by having two threads (currently cringe and fashion oblivious) laughing at other people when our own WAYWT is 68% being a dick to some stranger on the internet that may be behind the curve, or too far ahead of the curve.

Let's have a /help/ thread.

Veeky Forums needs to play it's advantages - anonymity, high post turnover, honesty - without being degenerate. Veeky Forums may have never been great, but it can at least be a good place. There's a lot of potential for the primordial ooze that persists here to turn to something genuinely interesting and dare I say it, fashionable. No need for trips or people pushing their own style on others. Let's just be creative and constructive, if we can.

How many times have people tried to revive Veeky Forums this year? 20? 30? Stop wasting your time with stupid shit like this.

>how2save
>ctrl + s

seek medical care

There are a lot of really superfluous threads that pop up and stick around, like the r8 my Instagram thread that got created when we already had an Instagram thread going. Or the endless stream of winter boot threads that get created when the last one has 80 replies. A lot of threads are just circumventing the FBG

we need a better sticky

There's also a lot of unproductive cynicism. Literally why would you fight trying to make this board more productive.

the sticky is dated af, idk if it's even updated anymore

good point, a lot of threads asking for urgent help about pairing shoes with a belt or some shit get 3 replies then just sit there, same with circumventing w2c
where are the janitors that can clean this shit up

should change it to something else xd

I'm not fighting trying to make this board more productive but why arre you fighting for making it more productive? if you care so much about productivity why don't you do something else? this is a waste of time.

It needn't be a hateful, demoralising waste of time.

KYS :)))

The real problem is highschool kids, as shown ITT.

Its always been like this newfag

The real problem is that apparently this board doesn't have any MODS.

this

actually enforcing global rule #2 would solve like 90% of the problems, but we all know that that will never happen

We need active moderation. Or a reprise of the board rules.

What do you guys think about a new rule on Veeky Forums similar to what /ic/ has:
>/ic/ - Artwork/Critique
>2. Only constructive criticism will be accepted. Rude or offensive comments will result in a ban.

Except ours could apply exclusively to waywt threads?

Rules mean shit when there's no moderation.

The community needs to take some responsibility in that. Moderation starts with reporting.

Didn't even know this board existed,
went there and saw the same shitposting

see
What exactly are the issues that moderation would address?

They need to be identified and rules need to exist that target them.

For example, op references abusive, unconstructive posts in the waywt threads, but strictly speaking these are not against the rules. You could say they are not "quality posts", but the quality of posts rule is very broad and rarely enforced. I've never been banned for quality of posts, only ever received a warning, suggesting the low priority of these among the moderation staff. If, however we have a targeted, board specific rule like other boards have, moderation staff will be more equipped to identify and act on certain issues to a helpful degree (in this case meting out a ban rather than a warning). But, again, this starts with reporting. It's not reasonable to expect mod staff to act on this alone given the size of our board. Expecting otherwise is an entitled attitude and merely results in fruitless complaining.

So, please. Let us do as Hiroshima suggested and propose rules, not merely complain.

Single most important problem is that no one likes anything else people post. It's always 'shit'. All other boards can even reach a modicum of consensus but not here.
People are mocked for any style.
Avant garde faggot, workwear hipster, menswear fedora, basic bitch, fuccboi,

The only reasonably productive threads are the skincare, perfume and fragrance generals. You can actually read through those and learn stuff or have new ideas or whatever. Everything else is circle jerk.

People cling to their ideals of upper class or their in-groups too much to do anything productive.

*allowing the main basic styles to be worn without automatic dismissal (workwear, scandi minimalism, prep/modern menswearish/spretz, streetwear)
*have a runway analysis general
*discuss the business side of the industry
*we sadly don't have enthusiasts actually sewing making stuff, repairing, mending etc..
*move past the interior design threads with "architectural homes worth USD5mm+ with almost no furniture save for that one designer sofa worth 8k and that 3k chair and I swear it's not staged and photoshopped to death"? It needs more anons posting regular shitty homes/rooms and their modifications to it.
*race, pol and politics in general: get rid of it.
*have a hobby general where we discuss how effay they are and our current projects/plans are so we can avoid the whole catalogue plagued by "is __ effay?"
*sci has an amazing sticky. We should upgrade what we have and structure shit out.
*people are too young
*again board too insecure and aggressive with no intellectual or aesthetics basis for it.
*and please stop falling for the quality/expensive diktat. I'm tired of reading Hermes is the pinnacle of leatherworking. It is not. The only reason it's that expensive is brand exclusivity/aura and self imposed scarcity. Many other brands try that with various levels of success.

Agree with this post.

I've looked at reporting and it's so non-specific, so as you (and the /ic/ poster) say, rules are needed.

Another good post. Like OP says, if a thread is not your flavour, don't eat it.

Really good points made in both the highlighted posts, IMO. But how do we get this from a thread to being put into use (RE rules/guidelines).

I think Veeky Forums needs to flush out the retards who start threads which can be answered in one question. They're archiving great 200+ post dead threads which are actually interesting; I mean who checks the archives unless looking for a specific thread you already saw? People need to make use of the fuccboi gens etc. and make threads on topics which will spark discussion, stop being greedy little fucks polluting our board, fuck you

I find myself hiding over half the threads just to filter out the shit, we really shouldn't need to do this???

Ideally we could get some level of consensus on the issue just so we can say to the mods, "hey, this is what the community wants" and not just "hey, this is a good, sensible idea".

we need a dedictated mod. its never going to happen though, so just give up or try to make ot better by posting good fits or making good threads. reporting threads not related to fashion takes a while and it usually gets to a good number of replies until its reported which only makes it look like tolerable behavior. got it right though

Well, that's something else that be codified in a rule, but I would object to doing and I'll tell you why.

I don't come to Veeky Forums to post in generals. I don't come to Veeky Forums for some mod to delete my post and say "you can't make that thread, there's already a thread for that". I hate that about traditional forums.

As a general guideline I think we should encourage people to post relevant questions in generals (eg Fuccboi Gen, Hair Gen) and mods should intervene when there is a preponderance of redundant threads, but for the sake of having an open forum with less intrusive moderation we should tolerate some redundancy, even low quality threads. I'd much rather have a board with threads that ask dumb, entry level questions, and dumb "is X Veeky Forums" threads than a board that is a gulag of generals and is slower and has fewer new threads than we have already.

What is the process by which mods are appointed?

Furthering some of the previous posters' suggestions, shall we collate the problems that can be realistically dealt with at a moderation level? If something can successfully be implemented, the quality of posts should come about relatively naturally... perhaps? I don't know, at least to me it seems that if the board in general becomes more ordered, people will tend to self moderate. There will always be those that don't, but it's a start.

So far it seems to be the biggest gripes are:

* Terrible sticky
* Selfish thread starting
* Multiple staple threads
* Shitposting in 'style' threads

The multiple WAYWT threads can be dealt with relatively easily by appending a visible start date. The rest should have a facility by which they can be reported and subsequently removed as the current rules don't really allow for correct reporting.

>What is the process by which mods are appointed?
There are application periods for janitors. idk if we have any dedicated janitors at this point. There are no dedicated mods for any of the boards so we'll obviously never get a Veeky Forums mod.

spot on, they should put word filters

Does anyone know how to make all this real ? Like how do you reach out to mods.

It's been ages we said we want a new sticky

oh yah i forgot. i meant a janitor rather in my post

the sticky was somewhat improved compared to before but i dont think the wiki client would do us good. just make it like a profession website or something with a few pages on styling, beginning wardrobes, short overviews for brands, etc. some user posted a zippyshare link of a proposed wiki and that could do

generals are largely good but the biggest problem would be getting one up and running with a constant userbase. i've seen too many generals fail

this is too much

You email the admin. Sometimes posting on /qa/ works, but it's less reliable.
>It's been ages we said we want a new sticky
And replace it with what?

Let us all remember the immortal words of moot:
Any idiot can complain, it takes a non idiot to come up with solutions

we've had an active interior design and general inspo thread for like a week
board's doing fine

cancer

i remember not that long ago people were working on updating it, and adding infographs to it and stuff, but I don't know what happened with that.

and i bet you didn't even submit one report...

only a few of those are reportable
out j**itors don't really do much unless it's overt

definitely agree. My biggest issue has always been how no style general is safe from getting constantly shit posted in and being made fun of. That's how ROG died, which was a big shame cause i learned a lot in those. But now if you look at a techwear or prep general its half people who don't like/care for the style and just make fun of people for liking it

It's one of the major problems of getting things done as a group. You have something that needs to get done, there's no deadline, and you get the whole bystander effect going where responsibility is displaced over the whole group.

It really only takes one person to get most of this shit done. Years ago I was actually working on a comprehensive sticky and then the whole movement to create a sticky took off. I tried to involve myself in it, but there was a lot of idiots working on it and I ended up kind of backing off. It takes a certain sensibility to create a sticky or a general 101 guide and a lot of the people working on it just didn't have it.

I did contribute to the sticky a bit, though.

Give me a list of potential rules.

So far I only have 1:
>Only constructive criticism will be accepted in WAYWT threads. Rude or offensive comments will result in a ban.

We literally need 2 tyrannic mods who can spend 12 hours each banning everything that's out of line and doing it very publicly so that group discipline can take place.

one cop or not everything else banned.
non constructive posting banned
getting that sticky off the ground
and attracting more quality posts.

We need the dynamic /ic/ has.

Basically paint this whole board with (BANNED FOR THIS POST) until the discipline sticks.

>Only one w2c/cop or not/recent cops/boots (or similar) thread at a time unless the existing thread is at 280+ posts

>No "is x effay" threads that are just bs like smoking weed

I dunno even comfy rules are kinda bullshit
For example, if a crossposter starts a thread about how a heavyset guy/girl can dress it usually gets flooded in thinspo spam
But honestly I like that Veeky Forums isn't a hug box...anybody who posts here knows they can get roasted and for the most part the "bullying" is all tongue in cheek

MAKE Veeky Forums FASCIST AGAIN

BRING BACK Veeky ForumsSCIST FAGGOT

really good points
theres nothing we can do about kids being on here though.. its a parameter we have to work with instead of going all fascist on

yeah it's nice that it's not a hug box but there is a line
being roasted for wearing something is character building and helps build thoughts about what is good, but only when it is constructive. getting shit for wearing something that someone else wouldn't isn't fair

like there genuinely are some objectively dece fits with hype items --that are great fits in that style-- but it doesn't mean i would wear them. do i need to tell them to off themselves for it?

Nah it's just a bit of bants

Stop acting like this is so important. It's a board on Veeky Forums.

Less hypebeast shit.

Less nigger shit.

Less teenager edgy shit.

Here saved fa.

Some ppl come here for a hour or two a week, they don't want to waste their time seeing shit threads

i believe r/navyblazer is what u seek

agreed to an extent, but roasting and actual constructive critisism arent mutually exclusive... Someone on the WAYWT thread can always say "you look like a 13 yearold autistic hypebeast" but then go on and say what the person could do to actually not look like that.

You're already wasting your time by coming here for more than 10 minutes.

>no rate my fit threads outside of the waywt
>for advice go to the fuccboi general

>Only constructive criticism will be accepted in WAYWT threads. Rude or offensive comments will result in a ban.

>no rate my fit threads outside of the waywt

>Only one w2c/cop or not/recent cops/boots (or similar) thread at a time unless the existing thread is at 280+ posts

>No "is x effay" threads that are just bs like smoking weed

>for advice go to the fuccboi general

What do you think of "is /x/ fa?" general? In hopes that people won't make several threads about these anymore; would it work? I doubt that it's possible to complitely get rid of them.

also bring the drawthreads and hygene generals back, they were actually good

Yeah that would make sense
/skin/ and /fragrance/ are already pretty good for that it seems
but the draw threads were a good respite from being super fashionable ofc

I hate them.

Self conscious people asking strangers on the internet their opinions

Me too, but that's not going to stop these threads appearing

>for advice go to fuccboi general
that's already in the sticky

List of approved general threads?

waywt
skincare
fragrance
hair
fuccboi/qtddtot/help
w2c
cop or not
recent cops
is x effay
draw
x inspo
buy sell trade
sales

i feel like if these threads were consistently positive then the board would follow

this can be shortened

combine w2c, is x Veeky Forums, and recent cops

draw? why?

rest are ok I guess

Yeah these are like the fixed threads to cover those topics, it's just a matter of stopping people making loads of separate threads for shit that should come under them. I think the problem with w2c threads and shit might be people not helping each other out. I don't ever post in those threads unless I see something I know and where to get it but I feel a lot of people who post looking for answers don't respond to other posters queries

honestly some really good conversations have come out of weird threads
delete this post

Kill the facerate and thinspo threads.

>is x effay

should not be there

>

this,

thinspo is literally white kids glorifying anorexia, why is that on a fashion board?

Rewriting these in a more neutral format:

>Refrain from reposting. Check the board for pre-existing and similar threads before creating a new thread.

Hopefully this would be enforced as a warning and not a ban.

>Do not post low quality or off topic threads. Threads of the format "Is X Veeky Forums?" will result in a deletion or ban.

I think this would be a terrible rule for reasons I articulated here
I think it would stifle discussion and make the board more akin to traditional forums and reddit, eliminate many well established topics of discussion, and prohibit the most common form of requesting the general discussion of a topic. For example, these threads would be against that rule

(this one is incredibly stupid, but amusing. let's not take ourselves too seriously)
(provides a space to talk about Veeky Forums of Veeky Forums past.)
(a bit annoying, but it's a very simple way of introducing a subject for discussion)
(dumb at face value, but the contributions within the thread make it both on topic, and of value)

Having this sort of rule would give mods and janitors *too* much leeway to delete threads and ban people. Simple op posts are used because they are often effective. If we don't like them, the best response is to ignore them. If they're off topic enough then they can be reported for being off topic. But you'll find that many of these threads garner a significant number of replies, suggesting that a lot of posters find value in them. If posters find value in them, why should we seek to see them eliminated (assuming they're mostly on topic)?

But I'll reiterate the rules that you suggested in the rewritten format. I think we should vote on them, but the second rule is so potentially dangerous it seems necessary to say so.

I think we should let the autists have their space, it's needed rn

Hide Instagram threads
Hide face rate threads
Hide is x Veeky Forums threads
Update the sticky
Get a janitor to clean up this mess of a board
Get people who know what they're talking about to come to this board

I like this. Designer general would be cool, too. There was a poorfag/thrifting thread recently and people were really helpful in there.

Thinspo has a small community and they don't bother anyone outside of the thread.

>Thinspo has a small community and they don't bother anyone outside of the thread.

but why is it on a FASHION board, it should be on Veeky Forums

get rid of that shit

good point

Fair post, I see your point on the is x effay stuff.

>Refrain from reposting. Check the board for pre-existing and similar threads before creating a new thread. Post in general threads when appropriate.

>Do not post low quality or off topic threads. Threads of the format "Is X Veeky Forums?" will result in a deletion or ban.

modified the reposting rule to reference generals

true, but just as it is hard to dress as a larger person sometimes, it goes the other way for the slimmer people.

i don't use and have never been in a thinspo thread, but the fact that it is consistently there and they don't spread propaganda into other threads it seems like it's perfectly fine

i genuinely think a inspo thread for larger people would be fine, but it would be a huge target for abuse.

Both of these are fine imo

>Get people who know what they're talking about to come to this board

I don't necessarily think that's crucial
I don't want to be told how to dress by someone that 'knows what they're talking about', I'd like constructive critique from an equal rather than someone saying 'you need to wear this because this is cool' and then we all turn into drones

Face race threads belong in /soc/, they contribute nothing in regards to fashion

It would be deleted or banned on Veeky Forums. Thinspo is Veeky Forums related because thin as an ideal is unique to the fashion community. Think of models who are excessively thin. Personally I think it's disgusting, but it belongs here.

Thank you. The format is annoying because you see it over and over again, but I don't think a rule against it is the best course of action.

Ok I'm all for sieving out the shit but these threads do no harm. I think face threads are good for boosting the ego's of people who never get compliments irl because they're socially inept. If you look in those threads sometimes people ask what glasses/hairstyle would suit them its not all about 2/10 etc. Thinspo is fine this is a fashion community board, the fashion world is full of anorexia if it's to thrive anywhere let it be here in ONE thread
Why no instagram threads? Instagram is a great way for us to extend our community to social media. I often take a few months off of Veeky Forums but like to be kept in the loop, instagram allows this. It's great for inspo, sharing creativity, and developing new interests. Nothings wrong with instagram sharing threads

I see your point, but whether it's on topic is debatable. A lot of face related subjects are fair game on a broad based fashion forum: acne, skincare, hair care, makeup use, ultimately what our faces look like. If we view our face as part of our entire presentation of self in addition to our outfit it seems to be appropriate for a fashion board.

this is a fashion board on fucking Veeky Forums. Although quality posts appear every once in a while, it was bound to be full of memes and low effort content. if you honestly want to put time and resources into ''rebuilding'' a fashion board on a fucking weeb forum, you should probably rethink your priorities in life.

you're missing the point though.
why do you come here? what do you get here that you can't get elsewhere?

I completely agree with you in regards to instagram threads. Back in the day we used to have inspo threads, but tumblr and intagram threads essentially replaced the need for inspo threads. I think that's okay, especially because instagram threads are merely the successor to tumblr threads, which we've had for literally more than 4 years

Yeah I agree with the bit about instagram threads, its where I find half the inspo I post here since I cba looking through anything other than social media

Hence the importance of rule creation. Building a community is an intangible thing, but a rule is ostensibly a stick in the sand, something that won't wash away when the tide goes out.

Write the rules, get them posted and then the work is outsourced to the mod/jan staff. Then all we have to do is report things every once in a while.

constant instagram threads are stupid, it's going to be the same handful of people sharing their profiles each time

a community that doesn't take itself too seriously and will call me out on my bullshit if my fits/cops are retarded.

Well neither would I if my job was for free.

Most of the time any fit is called shit, no matter which style or how good it actually is. Anonymity and criticism don't work well when board is full of natcissitic middle-class kids.

i believe kanyetothe is where you belong nigger

Reasonable though draw is always so slow

dont forget the magazine dumps

you forget the hotpockets