Knives

post fa knives

also, is Opinel fuccboi tier? Its quite good especially in carbon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35hKTjO70ZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

knives aye, who u gunna shank with ur new skeng then blud ?

I got you pham

FRN up in this bitch

Stupid expensive and huge as fuck but a really cool knife

finally a survival knife you carry scout style (on the small of you back)

I really like fallkniven designs, pretty functional without a ton of unnecessary features

>carrying a knife for style

oh wow

is that a Dalibor Bergan?

niiice

I also have a Trekker from Vic, totally unfa but practical. Opinel is quite fa and very sharp blade in Carbon version, for that money you wont get any sharper

I have this exact same model from Switzerland

I always lol when people use these for anything other than slicing cheese.

Opinel always feel so cheap and unsturdy in my hand, like I could snap the blade off the handle so easily. I used to sell them at work, the quality did not seem too high

This

This lol

>Opinel

for slicing bacon ...nothing compares

Cop/not?

Opinel is the only really people-freindly locking blade outside of a multitool

What's a good cheap effay knife to open boxes/packages of designer clothes?

Do you guys like chef's knives too? Maybe I should post my Japanese stuff

Sanrenmu 710 is affordable and pretty decent quality.

This is coupe-saucisson tier

Victorinox Rosewood cutlery is some of the most handsome stuff out there and it's good shit

would cop

wat the fuck

I'm from /out/ fampai

Pls reply

my most recent cop.

I have one of these; it's alright but they're heavy, don't open too smooth, don't hold an edge well(they can be made quite sharp but won't stay sharp), and I had mine come partially open in my pocket and gave me a nasty gash down my index finger when I reached in. As a whole they're fine as a first knife but I stopped using it after that incident.

I got a CRKT Swindle to replace it and holy shit do I love this thing. I always felt Ken Onion designed some pretty effay knives and this one is a great example. The IKBS bearing is smooth and while I wasn't too sure about buying a flipper since I've never used them I can now say flippers are my favorite.

Been thinking of getting one of those just because I like the Sebenza's look but would never buy one.

How much should I be looking to spend if I want a decent quality knife?

It really depends on your standards, but in the $60-90 range you have tons of options for good knives.

i have some of the fibrox ones

Brand and model of this sexy beast

do you guys buy and carry these knives for functionality or fashion?

Maybe I'm just an unwashed heathen, but I don't understand why I would need to carry around a knife.

It is much more civilised than using your claws and gnawing at packaging and food.

Today i have used mine for opening mail, opening food packaging, eat lunch, cut candle wick, and opening apple.

Texas Toothpick is most Veeky Forums knife pattern ever created

mallninjas prove me wrong [Spoiler]you can't[/spoiler]

I have a utility knife in my drawer for that, I'm not sure why I would need to take it outside though.

>eat lunch

Nigga what

youtube.com/watch?v=35hKTjO70ZU

Who the fuck are you gonna stab you skinny cuck?

Considering a knife is something that stays hidden unless you're using it; functionality, though knife choice can absolutely be influenced by it's look.

It's a very useful item to carry around, I often use mine to open boxes, letters, cut those annoying plastic things that hold tags on, open a package that's meant to be opened with hands but doesn't want to open, cut off loose threads, and open THOSE impossible to open clamshell packages. There's a million other things you can use one for that you'll never think of until you're sitting there thinking "a knife could work".

A knife is so much more than a weapon but if someone wants to pick a fight with you pulling out a knife could very well make them reconsider.

> if someone wants to pick a fight with you pulling out a knife could very well make them reconsider.
this is literally the /r/streetwear version of *unsheathes katana*

Just carry a firearm if you are legitimately concerned about that. Pulling a knife in an unarmed fight just increases your chances of dying

I understand you find what I said to be "edgy". Using a lethal weapon against another person is a serious matter even if it's your average small folding knife which is extremely ill-suited to being used in a fight. Escalating a situation should be your last option and a would-be attacker may still attack you but you use what you have when you have to. As I said, a knife is so much more than a weapon so perhaps a better answer to you original question would be "I don't use it to stab people".

And as a side note I really hate how people dismiss things using memes such as *unsheathes katana* or use of the word "edgy".

its looks verny nice. u a Stefan watcher?

Yes. Of recently.

Jesus Christ, did they finish that blade with 60 grit sandpaper?

>used to play around with a butterfly knife trainer as a kid
>in putting off the anxiety of adamantly pursuing my actual dreams I decide to get into butterfly knives again
>drop $400 on a benchmade 51 w/ flytanium scales
>quickly realize: A, of all my passing interests this is among the least practical unless I wanted to make a sick-nasty youtube video and B, I would rather not slice a tendon and be unable to play music/practice penmanship

I'm gonna sell it and get either an XM-18 for Large Sebenza 21. Leaning towards the Sebenza just because muhdik looks and the grind for cutting, but fuck the XM-18 is so damn bombproof. If only it didn't cut so poorly and cost an addition $200 to make pretty with titanium scales/spacers/copper hardware.

>fucking micarta handles are $100 extra
fuck you Chris

its modeled after a higonokami

>posting knives
>West Side Story 21st century mode
>mfw

This thread sux.

Jeff White and PKS knives crush all the mall faggotry in this thread.

And spare me your tales of slicing some apples or maybe you actually know how to use one and actually carved a shitty spoon. I dont give a fuck about your bushcraft knives either.

What kind of overcompensating mall-ninja retard needs a knife to do any of those things.

Except cutting candle wick I guess.

>Boxes
Fair enough
>Letters
Why? Just use your hands you autist
>Plastic things that hold tags on
You mean those thin plastic things that you can snap just by looking at them?
>Packages that are meant to be open by hand but wont cooperate
Man the fuck up.
>Loose threads
Do you not even have hands?
>Clamshells
Scissors > knives for this task.

How many of these things do you actually do away from home anyway?

Also knives, especially folding ones, are worse than useless for fighting. All a knife is good for is throwing at your assailant and hoping that this will distract them long enough that you can run away.

HK AXIS

I agree that carrying a giant folding knife is unnecessary and often ridiculous, but I don't see anything wrong with carrying a small pocket knife around. My dad has always carried one, as well as my grandpa and great grandpa. Sort of like a right of passage - when you're about 10 your dad gives you a swiss army knife or something, then when you turn 18 your father passes his down to you.

Maybe it's a western thing, but almost every guy I know carries a blade with him in one form or another, be it a knife or multi tool.

ditch the black black, looks very mallninja, everything else is OK but the lock I dont like.

just buy a spyderco

I have a Vic on my keychain, barely noticalbe but capable blade + tootpic etc

busse is effay in general
ontario is p good too

Googled the image and got a Hikari hk-07

When was the last ti.e you used it when you actually needed it?

Spending over $50 on a pocket knife is ludicrous

This is nice. Where to acquire?

Nothing beats a genuine Italian stiletto