/comfy/ cities thread

post your /comfy/ city. I'll start with Edinburgh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4oRS-72INY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only lived in this city for 8 months but I think about it every day

Fuck you. I firmly believe this, Edinburgh isn't relevant enough to be Veeky Forums but it's also not irrelevant enough to be Veeky Forums it's just one of those places that sucks no matter what.

Where in edi do you live though? The housing developments out in the suburbs are cozy and old town is fun to walk around late at night.

Edinburgh isnt necessarily Veeky Forums but its one of the most beautiful places in the world for sure. Unless you live in Leith like OP. (correct me if im wrong btw)

Nah, I lived right off the meadows since I was at the uni. Pics above are Silverknowes, Holyrood, and next to the botanical gardens. Walked to Leith a ton, though. I think Edinburgh was so Veeky Forums for me because it was the first city that made me take long walks at night and really take it all in.

ahhh, i was wrestling between Leith and Silverknowes alot of public parks have that exact same playpark design same colours and everything. And you're right its an absolutely amazing city to walk around in, sometimes i legit feel proud to have been born in such a nice place. Again though i wouldnt necessarily say it was particularly Veeky Forums tho. The people arent either.

yeah, the playparks in scotland are pretty great - nights out always seemed to end up on a playpark at 2am. Coming from the US, the people were charming - not Veeky Forums but kinda soft and happy in a really genuine way.

Stockholm actually isn't Veeky Forums, people dress like they just step out of an H&M ad but November is nice and gloomy

you produce goat techno so that's good enough to be effay in my eyes

This is a pretty cool thread. What exactly is it about these settings that gives off this calming effect?

woah that's really pretty. looks kinda similar to my home town in new zealand but much more wintery.

Brownstone is beststone

tokyo and kyoto

Amsterdam

This makes me slightly hard

unfortunately the comfy areas are completely gentrified. oud-zuid is GOAT though. Also would love to live on a boat in say, Prinsengracht, seems really comfy too.

>tfw lifelong Londoner and have never felt comfy.

I wish I had some memories of suburbia/small town living to fall back on and occasionally visit for a nostalgic stroll.

Toronto

Pori

can someone give me some places to go in Edinburgh? i wanna check it out

toronto is gross. have you ever been to any other city? I'd rather live in Hamilton lmao

>comfy architecture
>snowy winters
>french language qts

is there anywhere more comfy than Montreal?

Québec mon frére

Hamilton

sure it's windy as shit and the winters are slushy, and the TTC is a joke, but the west and east end are cozy and I like the parks.

Manchester for me, specifically the northern quarter and shopping district, since I live in a shitty backwater northern town it's the closest haven for me

Tfw when born in a country shithole when I'm a city guy wanting to be a yuppie

I think göteborg is comfier, especially out in the skärgården. But most of suburban sweden is pretty nice, I think.

/comfy/ magic. I think it's the combo of warm light (from street lamps and from windows) with cold/foggy climates.

Edinburgh's the best. Do all the obvious stuff like Holyrood (try to walk around the whole thing) and the royal mile, but also make sure to check out Blackford Hill and Cramond Island (accessible by foot twice a day when the firth tide goes down). Also just give yourself time for long walks around the suburbs (silverknowes, leith, newington) at night to see stuff like in this thread.

Marchmont, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
All the row houses look like castles :o

Bath, UK is one of the best places I've lived

Marchmont is GOAT. The little shops on marchmont road and the meadows right nextdoor...

Nantes,FR

Not too many Veeky Forums in this cities but realy comfy :)

Assisi

Big church, nice views, cute italian cramped roads and old houses, it looks well kept

Altough it's more of a town than a city

Poznań

ive got a massive folder, will commence dump

what city is this? or do you mean edinburgh

THIS

>frére
ça va? Tu gères ton français?

>seen here, the eponymous bath

armpit of ontario

Buenos Aires, i love this city. In the winter time we got perfectly temperate weather and we're surrounded by beautiful architecture. Yes there are bad areas but recoleta, and palermo are goat

Warsaw during summer nights

no competition to tokio

very Veeky Forums but expensive

parks are nice, but its difficult to live dt without being rich and you pretty much require a car to get anywhere if ur from the suburbs since as the other user mentioned ttc is bs

Utrecht is better

Was in Warsaw this summer, you guys put a fucking huge Kinoworld ad in the facade of this building, what the actual fuck?

Cool city though, really liked all I could see of Poland desu

tfw live in Merchiston, poor man's marchmont

>londoner
>not being in camden market/town h24
What are you doing with your life

edinburgh! It's taken from the top of the salisbury crags in holyrood - the big well lit building in the top left is the scottish parliament

Merchiston isn't bad senpai, walked through there a few times when I got lost in Morningside

Why does travel have to be so expensive man. This thread makes me feel awful. I travel frequently already - my family places a high priority on travel - and yet I still want to visit a bunch of the places here

the north of england is not effay in the slightest. as a brit i would honestly say the only effay places would be london, bath and places in scotland like edinburgh and parts of glasgow specifically the cca. theres something about england that just isnt effay in the slightest
ps i live in the midlands so i live in a shit part too

going to edinburgh uni after my gap year
whats the night life like?
any good underground music places to check out?

shit go to glasgow

the cca? Centre for Contemporary Arts?

Right, except places like the northern quarter in Manchester, it's clean and tidy yet not scummy or full of chavs. It's an alternative area hosting to awesome Veeky Forums graffiti art and alternative clothing and vintage clothing stores. it also has an array of bars etc it's multicultural and isn't full of chavs. and the architecture is a mix of comfy Victorian and modernistic, nothing cosier than nightwalks around the old abandoned Victorian warehouse, gothic but cosy, it reminds me of Nolan's films

is newcastle a comfy city?

what cities are comfy in the UK

quite an old picture of dublin, but a comfy city nonetheless

also there was nothing fa about edinburph or any of Scotland for that matter for me. Edinburgh just seemed like and other average city in the country, way too gloomy for my liking.

Edinburgh is awesome, I was there last year

Some parts of Pittsburgh aren't half bad. Not really Veeky Forums, but comfy.

t. weeb

Gamla Stan is super comfy

More than any European city, I liked Antwerp the best.

And you can pop into Stephan Schneider's storefront

forgot to post pic

Guatemala

Bend is pretty dang /comfy/

strasbourg

youtube.com/watch?v=w4oRS-72INY

I mean, there's hive and big cheese and stuff for clubs, but I think the best parts of nights out in edi is walking down long, street-lamp lit suburban streets on your way home. A lot of pubs have live bands most nights after 10 and there are a few literally underground music places on cowgate that are fun

eh, glasgow is a quick train ride away and tons of uni students go there for nights out regularly. I much prefer living in edinburgh and going to glasgow than having to wake up in glasgow every morning... edi is just nicer overall.

living here was comfy
many old buildings, relaxed, some bars and small clubs, 10 minutes to the beach

Yeah it's sweet. Music-wise, keep your ears to the ground and you'll find there's loads of good places for electronic music, and Glasgow and Dundee are nearby for bigger gigs. Saw The Wytches last night, Groove Armada, Deathgrips and other bands recently, seeing Julio Bashmore and Chemical Brothers in a month. Cab Vol. and Mash house and Bongo are great for actual house, U.K. Garage and grime, and techno on some nights. Basically you're fine for music. Some of the most beautiful places to live and relax. Most students make an effort to dress well so that helps complete the effay scene.

Born there, come back every year - very cosy place, it's the warmer version of Edinburgh haha

Yeah it's like the one of the 'trocadero' areas of Edinburgh. Pelting it down middle meadow walk on my bike to make it to lectures on time haha.

Why would anyone, let alone an actual Londoner, ever go to Camden Market?

This..Dont forget that how much it has contributed to fashion industry with great designers..Truly the most Veeky Forums city

it's the comfiest place there is

This.

Spoiler alert: Canada is too expensive and Quebec is too French. Yankees stay home and sit with the problem you created.

r8 dont h8

My walk home tonight (spamming Edinburgh)

Went here on a vacation this summer, really comfy
way better than london

Nee, Groningen

where's this? i think this is my next stop

If you have Never been to another dutch city maybe

Den haag, Utrecht, maastricht, groningen etc for comfy

Rotterdam and Amsterdam for 'cool'