Who was the most successful thief in history (that we know of)...

Who was the most successful thief in history (that we know of)? Can be thieves that were identified or thieves that were never identified, but whose crimes were noticed.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7538617/Paris-robbers-tunnel-into-bank-and-steal-from-200-vaults.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Panthers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably some art theft

Queen Victoria

Alexander the Great

The Brits are the greatest thieves in all of history.
As an example, stole all of their culinary traditions from other cultures. Tea is from China, and the Brits stole it and now claim it's an essential ingredient to "Britishness". They stole curry from the Indians. Even fucking battered fish, aka the key ingredient of fish and chips, was stolen from Sephardic Jews who moved to England in the 17th century.
This isn't even getting into their stealing of ancient culturally-significant archeological artefacts.

>Who was the most successful thief in history (that we know of)?
Government.

You boring bastards, he means career criminal thieves. Oceans 11 shit, not some monarch who had an army that looted.

So edgy.

Just off the top of my head-

Probably Jeanne de Valois-Saint-Rémy

Who developed the first 60 dollar game with microtransactions?

The United States government

>Give back the Parthenon galleries!
>You stole it from us after we blew the damn thing up because munitions storage! Why would you take it!?

Enrico Dandolo

It's the Venetians who blew up the Parthenon, dumbfuck.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7538617/Paris-robbers-tunnel-into-bank-and-steal-from-200-vaults.html

Still haven't been caught.

Based Ronald Biggs

The Jew

Don't know about thief but the greatest trick ever pulled was the tans, after doing everything the nazis ever did and worse, for far longer, weren't every bit as bad as them, even appearing on the side of """"good"""" to some

The who? The Communists? The US?

[meme answer]

Or just the first microtransaction game
>for FREE you can pay us money small bits at a time!!

not sure if this is the best but it must come close (not thief in this case, but thieves instead, btw)

whoops, link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Panthers

The Venetian merchant who stole St. Mark's corpse of the Mohammedans in Alexandria and brought it to Venice.

A Swede actually.

Obongo stole the white house (the world)

The government.

Jimmy Conway

Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lufthansa_heist

the american goverment

THey wouldnt be a very good thief if we knew their name.

*Tips Fedora*

No British person claims curry is British. Most curry restaurants in the UK are run by Indians...

And how much do you want to bet those cultures stole it from some other culture

This is accurate

They stole North America as well

The crafty shits who made up the Donation of Constantine.

Columbus

They appropriated.

Good on them.

I don't know about successful, but I learned that in the 80s some guys helicoptered into town, robbed a bank and took off. I think they were caught, I don't remember.