/Suits/

Modern, vintage - give me what you've got.

I don't know. It doesn't seem to be fitting that well, and that tie is horrid.

You better show Reviewbrah some respect for his sicc thrift fit boi.

he looks better here

'Tis me

That's it for me (OP). Show me some.

What colour are those pants?

ITT: Fedora fags

There is not a single fedora in any picture. Also, fedora fags tend to wear khakis, and at best a H&M blazer. If you can't see the massive difference between classical vintage menswear and modern fedora neckbeards, then it's just you who's an ignorant twat.

WHY?! Just why?!

What?

Please, don't buy a suit if you can't afford a nice one

What is wrong with these? If your objection is that they are not polyester with tiny lapels and with skinny fittings, then I'm afraid it's just a difference in classical and modern aesthetics.

Don't listen to him, I don't like big lapels either but there's nothing wrong with your suit

Nice trips too

Thanks!

Love the look and cut of this

lmao

Spiked suits like this one are way out of touch. They don't look classy, they just look old. This one is ill-fitting, the sleeves are too long and too wide, while the suit itself is too short
Again, shoulders too big and sleeves too long This one looks nicer (I like the material and the cut) but the bowtie it's just too big and of the wrong color)
The jacket looks too big, and the tie has quite an ugly knot
Better, but still too big

>Remember that right fitting =/= skinny. Go to your tailor and have them tailored, it's not that expensive and it's the easier way to look better in them. Also, don't buy anything that is under 350€, especially for winter suits and/or on the internet.

Having your jacket be a different colour to your pants looks awful in my opinion, and so do bow-ties. I know you're going for that aesthetic, but it's an aesthetic I hate and in my opinion makes you look like an asshole.

The suit, the hair, his wife's dress. They made it all work together. I'd only change the tie.

Me too.

It can work with the right colors. It can help you look less like you have just put on your grandad suit

It might just be me, then. I don't care what colours you wear, just as long as the jacket and pants match.

I love two pieces suits too, but they're just too formal in some contexts. You won't wear one walking around with friends or going out with a girl (unless you're going to a restaurant). A nice color combo is, imho, dark blue jacket with light grey-sand pants.

I just wouldn't wear a jacket in that kind of situation, but to each their own.

Not with a tie, mind me. But I think that smart casual can be right for some kinds of situations. Obviously it depends on where you are and with who (I wouldn't wear a jacket while my friends wear streetwear; to be honest, my friends don't wear streetwear so I wouldn't know lol)

What do you mean "spiked"? I know they are "out of touch" and not trendy. I know that they look old, that's a part of the point. I used to wear modern suits but I grew tired of the hip-waist of the pants, the thin lapels and the shiny plastic-looking fabric.

I know the second one is a bit ill-fitting in terms of sleeve length and width, but the other points you made are just the difference between classical and modern aesthetics - the suit isn't too short, it's the 1930's aesthetic, it's supposed to be that way.

The sleeves aren't too long I assure you. The shirt cuff protrudes the proper length, which haven't changed much through time.

I agree about the bow tie.

The jacket isn't too big, it's like the tie knot is seen from the side, so it looks a bit odd yes.

I never said right fitting = skinny. While I can agree that they are not perfectly tailored, the Tweed jacket and the Cream-coloured one fits really well. I can show you when I get home.

I have bought everything in second-hand stores.

>muh aesthetic
There's a reason why the guys in the 1930s looked great and that you look like shit, and it's not aesthetic.

Light Cream and/or bone-coloured trousers has historically been regarded as the one that fits every jacket colour. I agree that darker trousers with a lighter jacket can be a bit more strained, but one should always experiment.

I really can't understand the resentment towards bow-ties.

The italian world is ''spinato''. You know, those tiny triangles.

>I used to wear modern suits but I grew tired of the hip-waist of the pants, the thin lapels and the shiny plastic-looking fabric.
Modern suits have nice fabric and cuts too. Not the cheap ones, though

>I have bought everything in second-hand stores.
Not trying to be mean, but we can see that. Get them tailored and start looking for better suits. It's better to spend a more money for a nice one that to have 3-4 of not-so-nice ones. You're searching for classy-inspired suits, but made today so they fit in the current aesthetic too.

k

Why'd you even bother to reply? Don't post your suits if you don't want criticism.

Get a suit that fits, and consider putting on some weight. You're way too skinny to pull off the aesthetic.

Bow ties can be really nice. But wear them only at a very formal party or, if you have silly looking ones, at a less formal party if you're read to don't take yourself too seriously. Also, learn to tie them or, if you don't get a nice knot (like me) buy them pre-tied. I currently have seen bow ties btw, so it's not like I ate them like this guy:

if you're ready*, of course. And seven, fucking computer

Oh you mean Herringbone. Well, I don't think herringbone is out of touch. It's maybe not trendy or appropriate for business, but that's a different subject.

I have a hard time finding modern suits with natural waists. Also, I like the wooly kind of suits more than the shiny ones, even when the shiny ones are high quality. I mean just look at the model pictures (whatever you want to call them) I posted first.

Well, I am on a student budget and I just recently started this.

Nobody has said anything about this one

That wasn't constructive criticism, so I responded in the same manner.

And then I gave you some constructive criticism.

Il nome completo del disegno è spina di pesce, herringbone per gli anglofoni.

Black and White Tie, I know. But I, and many others, like them in less formal contexts aswell. I know how to tie them, I detest pre-ties ones sorry.

What was it? You know I can't differentiate between several anons.

Yeah, herringbone. Didn't know the word in english, thank you. It's extremely hard to pull of, I personally never saw someone other than a model wearing it successfully (or wearing it at all, you know what I mean?
Where are you located? US or EU?
I'm also a student (19 at uni). Just focus on really nice things and don't waste money on cheap stuff.
I don't like the buttons, I must say
Grazie, ITanon
Not me. I'm the verbose one

Well yes, Spina di pesce means fish bone :)

In the post you replied to.

I like these kinds of illustrations. Here is a similar one with some interesting cuffs on the tailcoat.

Telling me there's a reason I "Iook shit" is not contructive.

What? Yes it is. I told you that getting a well-fitting suit and putting on weight would stop you from looking like shit.

Well, it is anachronic yes. But to me, that's about it. I do know what you mean though, but I must add. There is an entire subculture of alot of people who dress vintage only. Sure, it may look odd and out-dated, but we don't think so. It's an aquired taste I guess.

I'm located in EU (20 at University aswell).

They aren't cheap though. Well yes now they are cheap (none of the ones posted here exceeded $50) but that's because they are second and even third hand. The brown windowpane one is a bespoke suit from the 60's for a guy called Carl Johnsson. I had it tailored to fit me, and it does.

In your first reply, you only stated that I looked shit, so I replied K in the same manner devoid of substance.

You then told me not to post my suits if I don't want criticism, and so I replied that it wasn't constructive criticism. But whatever, it doesn't matter.

I don't want to put on weight. I'm 5'11 barefooted and 6' with most of my shoes. I weigh 154 pounds give or take 2 pounds. I am planning to gain muscle mass, but that might alter my sillouette to much. I don't like the muscular-in-a-suit kind of look.

Too much*****

I'm thinking of buying a new suit with my Christmas bonus Veeky Forums, I currently only have a dark navy one that fits me, should I go with dark charcoal next?

I am actually worried a funeral might show up and I will have literally nothing to wear right now

I don't want to spend more than 600-700 Euros, should I go with Hugo Boss? I know a guy who can give me a 20% discount

>You then told me not to post my suits if I don't want criticism, and so I replied that it wasn't constructive criticism. But whatever, it doesn't matter.
And in that same post I gave you some constructive criticism.
>I don't want to put on weight. I'm 5'11 barefooted and 6' with most of my shoes. I weigh 154 pounds give or take 2 pounds. I am planning to gain muscle mass, but that might alter my sillouette to much. I don't like the muscular-in-a-suit kind of look.
I'm not telling you to turn into a beefcake, but most of the men of the 1930s were fairly musuclar, and sorry to say, but you aren't. That's why your outfits look off, because you're too skinny for them.

Go dark, charcoal. It is quite generic, but it fits pretty much anything.

Go with Hugo boss.

And I replied to that. This is awfully redundant.

I wouldn't consider any of this as "fairly muscular".

While I don't like the modern hip-waisted trousers, I must say the colours were coordinated really well.

It's not mine, I just love the way the jacket looks

>herringbone is anachronistic and out of touch
I guess I'll give the Italianon a pass on this but if any anglophone or nordic believes it, Jesus. That's some severe delusion.

Well I don't think it is anachronic or out of touch, but I can understand why someone would.

I mean herringbone is most often made in tweed, and tweed has never been that popular in warmer countries as it has in Britain, and it should be obvious why.

Forgot this picture of a 1930's suit as compared to the ones I posted

Hide your face all you want, cringelord

>people like this are why you can't wear menswear without being looked at funny

>one grimage face picture is 100% discrediting and more important than the clothes.
Typical Veeky Forums
Funny you saved that one though, you must think of me.

That's not a thing. Okay maybe for you.

I never see it around. It could be nice on a coat, I think, but it's quite hard to pull it off on a jacket for a normal user, you have to admit it. Maybe it's the italian way of doing fashion, but here is something straight off the 50's, and it isn't popular at all. Maybe it's different in the UK, but still, I would go for something easier to pull of, especially for someone in his twenties

I hear you. Well it fits so well for being second-hand; the pictures really doesn't do it justice. Still though, popular or trendy is not what I'm going after, and you might laugh and say "yes we can see that" or whatever. I like Tweed, I like Herringbone.

I like tweed too, but for example I would wear it only if you're in the country side or something like that (as it was originally intended to be, if I remember correctly). I don't know, it gives me that vibe of ''old professor at Oxford'' or something like that. I think it looks great on grown men (my grandfather loves it) but it's something difficult to wear if you're 20-25 and not in a super ''posh'' atmosphere. Anyway, it's not my job to tell you what you have to like, just trying to be helpful

I totally get what you are saying, and I can agree on the "tweed=old professor"-meme to a certain degree (which I'm totally okay with).

This is the only tweed jacket I've got, maybe I shouldn't buy any more ones for a while then.

I wouldn't have more that one or two, frankly. From my point of view, they're used so rarely that they're not a great investment

What do you think of this one?

Not my taste, you know, but surely it looks high quality. I don't know if I'll ever be in the right place to use it, though. Maybe when I'll be older

I imagine this outfit as something casual, worn on a lunch date or something. It's not really that trendy, but I do think it looks a bit more dandy and interesting than a plain charcoal suit from Gucci.

I think it does, but honestly I wouldn't wear a charcoal suit unless I'm at a funeral or something like that. Dark blue is much better in that kind of occasions, I currently own 4 blue suits and only one black suit

Fair point. Well there's the line between the aesthetics.

I guess so... Do you like the stuff from Reiss at example? I love it, and they have nice classical cuts.

I can appreciate much of it, and the affordability.

What I contest to in modern menswear is primarily that I have grown to prefer the natural waist on the trousers and have come to dislike the post-60's low hip-waist. I also dislike the shorter and tapering trouser legs. The jackets also tend to be shorter, but not in the 30's kind of way.

But sure, they have nice colours and fabrics indeed.

how's this?

Blazer is a cotton/linen blend

Also, I'm fat.

I especially love their grey 3 and 2 pieces, I think I'll buy at least one.
Can you take the picture directly from the front? It's easier to see if it fits correctly

Very militaristic. I think you are wearing the boot gaiters a bit odd though. And I don't think you should wear a black shirt, ever.

yeah, I was going for a militaristic/cavalry style, I didn't bother tying up the gaiters/ankle cuffs things, that's why they're all loose... what color would you suggest for the shirt then?

Burgundy? Sand? Blue? White? Light blue?

couldn't find any other pic, hope these are ok

For militaristic earthy colours on the jacket, go white or sand. The more flamboyant the colour, the less formal it is, which clashes with the militaristic. If you want colours on militaristic clothing, wear accesories like medals.

I like the cut. I would wear a sand or dark blue with it, but I don't know if that's the style you're going for

Bump

Did your bitch ass report that and get it deleted? Fucking pussy

And I have more of you being a sperg, btw

Lol how the fuck do you report on Veeky Forums?

>being new