Religion

What is the most Veeky Forums religion and why is it Catholicism?

Discuss.

religion isnt fa

that style shown in OP's pic looks more like russian orthodox.

t. a Roman Catholic

Don't make your religion a fashion statement

Im not Christian sooooo I'm not well versed in the different sects. But I JUST read on the difference between Catholic and Christian.

Orthodox and Catholic aesthetic aren't TOO distant so I stand by my claim with the addition of Orthodox.

>Catholic and Christian

let's just go back to discussing pretty clothes.

Wow. Those are beautiful.

That's greek orthodox.

nice 2007 meme faggot

Spain is Catholic so of course it is the most Veeky Forums.

Buddhist are pretty Veeky Forums

This is what I thought

t. Catholic-educated probably Roman Catholic but I'm not sure really

Yeah let's keep religion to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums please lol. Those clothes are beautiful though.

Wears Cross, carries Cross

> orthodox
The gilding, mosaic and metal riza might suggest that but the face style looks more middle-age western Europe.

greek polytheism desu

it's from dolce and gabbana it's roman catholic

Or we could go for extremes and say that it might be Byzantine Catholic

[TIPPING INTENSIFIES]

label doesn't matter, the design is clearly orthodox inspired. Roman catholic art style is a bit more subdued, less gold and ornate and a bit more abstract.

Also in a religious context, clothing serves a different purpose than showcasing yourself being effay.

Catholicism

t. Veeky Forumstorian pseudointillectual fedorafag

define 'fa' for me then, in relation to how religion cannot be 'fa'

Religion limits creativity and freedom and basically forces people to look certain way and never push the boundries because you'll either burn in hell or get stoned to death.

Religion isn't Veeky Forums period.

Russian Orthodoxy, absolutely.

God isn't real.

Greek here , couldnt think of a less effay religion other than islam maybe

Ohhhhh shit You're right!

I never knew Veeky Forums was full of autists.
Betas yes, autists no.

He's right, though.

For example: the whole point of church isn't go look Veeky Forums. People throw on shitty "church" shoes and a polo, and call it a day. It's basically a uniform.

If you dress more uniquely, people call you a hypocrite (and rightly so - though it isn't as if they aren't hypocrites themselves). If you dress like a slob, people will judge you in other ways.

There's basically no room for creativity. That isn't Veeky Forums.

>the whole point of church
you basically gave yourself away as a fedora-tier autist whose sole definition of "religion" is based off of american protestants

In catholic countries, church day is stunt day.
It's the day you get dressed up in your tightest formal fit
This is because Sunday is the day you are most likely to interact with people from your community you don't necessarily know, everyone one is there so you want those dads seeing you dressed proper and offering you their daughter
It's a shame the times have changed

thats byzantine orthodox art

>Religion limits creativity and freedom

The Last Supper
>religious art

Piss Christ
>atheist art

Religion can inspire when it comes to art, sure. But fashion? Ugh not really. You're EXPECTED to look a certain way. In some countries you get lyched for being to different.

No it's not you dip
Left and right clearly look like pic related, which is a mosaic from Ravenna.

Don't spout shit if you have never opened an history of art book

Dumping some more images demonstrating how the design are Byzantine mosaics, not Orthodox

Back in thread: Dolce and Gabbana did a nice menswear collection they year after with some nice pagan inspired prints

I think that's the only other one with religous-ish inspired prints, but I really recommend y'all to check the whole collection
It's ss14

Not being able to create life meaning on your own is not Veeky Forums. Religion is more than just culture heritage and ritual, it's how much you have control over yourself in your life, what you can give meanings by yourself, what can't be questioned, etc etc. religion limits you from logical thinking. The best logical thinking is when you can't see the end result of the thinking process. Like, in religion, you know,"oh sex outside marriage is wrong, but why". Without marriage, you actually explore what's wrong what's right by yourself, from scratch, without external intrusion. Without "this is what i SHOULD believe because people do".

Logical positivism is Veeky Forums i think.

>without marriage
I mean without religion

America does not have monopoly on Christianity, user.

>paints about religion
>is automatically recognized as a saint who loves God so much who has a very strong emotional bond with God that to him God was the reason it all happens

Ravenna's San Vitale church is built in early byzantine style. And byzantine is all about eastern orthodox christianity.

Russian orthodox isn't a far cry from that, really.

>Certain artistic traditions that originated in the Byzantine Empire, particularly in regard to icon painting and church architecture, are maintained in Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries to the present day.

>neckbeards hate religion
>user doesnt believe in god
>user must be a neckbeard!

you know what neckbeards also do? breath
>breathing is neckbeardy too

im so tired of newfags like you who
>pretend anyone gives a shit about religion
>dont know that this whole neckbeard meme was started by trolls rather than actual religious people a few years back when religion threads were all over /b/

what? i'm from eastern europe, the only people who go to church are alt-right old people

Duh.
Still not Greek or Russian Orthodox. It's Catholic.
Catholic art it's not just Renaissance

Im not the second post u tagged

I was referring to all religions
ESPECIALLY sharia islam

well, for instance, if a monarch's crown or Catholic ceremonial/feast garbs isn't enough evidence on how regal and Veeky Forums Christianity can be then I don't know what is

well, fair point. Back then there the christian church was unified, therefore early Catholic would probably be correct.

Anyways, compared to how Catholic artwork developed, esp. since the east-west schism in 1000AD, I'd still say the pieces have way more resemblance to orthodox art style of the last 1k years than to the catholic art style of the last 1,5k years.