/prep/ General - Generic mid 20s male

Show me some cool prep shit bois.

Other urls found in this thread:

howardyount.com/collections/pants/products/madras-pants-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck it, i'll post some shit

don't
that's not even prep

Meh, most prep threads don't stay that long. Just trying to get it started with some less tryhard prep shit.

Most of this shit's not prep, but whatever

FUCK YEAH BOYS LET"S EGGTTT IT

Can we discuss chinos and which brand has the best fit and quality?

J.crew work for me desu.

ok i've done enough

Chinos are pretty easy going. Really any brand will do, but I find certain brand sizes vary.

fuck I'd like to bring my measly few, but they're on a partition I can't mount

great advice
i wear walmart ones myself. great chinos all around but their size 44 fits more like a 42 from kmart

I presume her name is Ivy?

is this
is this sarcasm

>that's not even prep
T B H they should all just be prep/trad for longevity
Or maybe you don't like pleats...?

HARAM

jcrew 484 fit

wtf are all these low waisted pants doing here

mallcore is not prep

white shirt+black sweater is so simple and so amazing.

Where did you get these?

Brooks brothers advantage chinos Clark fit are bae. Orvis slim is nice too.

I just can't find good scotch plaid shirts like these

No joke, some Reddit link to this magazine. It was in MFA.

niggers cant be prep

What pants are these?

I early decisioned to Cornell and just need to make sure

Huh. Shit looks the same as what they sell today. Neat.

Billax's pinterest is a great place if you still want to see the fits from his blog and hear an out of touch old person complain about beta males.

Bane?

For you?

>by Rosecrans Baldwin
Is this the preppiest name?

>I early decisioned to Cornell
cheap suede loafers
poorly coordinated socks
chinos with an inseam 1" too long
plaid sport shirt
insulating vest with popped collar

congrats, u r now ivy

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the OCBD.

Billax lol

Congratulations

Also don't wear pants like those for the love of god

What shoes go best with black chinos? Black chelseas, CDB's or something else?

preps don't wear black

Top right looks like something CWC would wear

I fucking love that belt, where can I find one?

When wearing cream colored chinos with brown leather dress shoes, what color socks should I wear?

This is always a big question mark for me in the morning, none of my socks seem to go well

kjp

white, cream, or red socks are what i usually pair it with.
i don't wear dress shoes with khakis though, they're too casual for that imo

w2c pants like that (preferably not expensive)

howardyount.com/collections/pants/products/madras-pants-1

Manlet size only.
Great price though.

How many of you are actually from the Ivy/NESCAC/St. Grottlesex crowd? The vast majority of "preppies" in the US are probably upper middle class white kids at their flagship state uni and/or fratboys and/or College Republicans. The only unis that people often discussed in the old threads were newbies to Cornell and a handful of UCLA students.

Not to be /pol/ but how many of you are even white?

Ivies aren't what they used to be. Family connections and legacy status doesn't make much of a difference now. Schools like Georgetown are where most well off kids go now because they are still top schools but haven't had to change the way the admit students because of poor public opinion, i.e. people's perception of Harvard being a school only for "daddy's money" kids.

Source: Kid whose father and grandfather went to Harvard, has some sort of connection to most of the Ivies and is currently going to Hopkins because only because his mom's friend's mom has been on the board there for 35 years and got me in. Another one of my friends has an uncle that is on the admissions board for Princeton and still didn't get in even though he had a 4.0 unweighted and a near perfect SAT, probably because he was your standard upper class white male.

White. Mother comes from wasp NJ family and went to Andover then Princeton, father went to an ISL school then Bowdoin. Two of my 3 younger brothers go to the same school my father went to, I go to the rival school.
Bonus points if any MA fags can guess the high schools, ours just announced its next head will be a single mother with 3 black children. Just end me.

preppiest b-school? :^)

University of Phoenix

Brooks Brothers is great. They fit well and hold up for a long time. Lately I've been buying Savane and Louis Raphael slacks from Belk though. They don't hold up nearly as long, but they look better (in my opinion) and they're cheap enough that you can buy a lot of them at a time so it works for me.

J.Crew's chinos feel like extremely low quality to me. I ripped a pair while trying them on once. I haven't been back since.

Those shoes are fucking awesome.

I second this. The Clark fit chinos used to be my favorite until I started wearing slacks.

>I just can't find good scotch plaid shirts like these

I know you can get Pendleton shirts in black watch over Amazon. I don't know how many other scotch plaids they do because it was really black watch I was focused on.

You usually can't go wrong with navy socks.

are turtlenecks /prep/

I guess. And I guess they are making a comeback. But I'm not a fan.

Did someone photoshop that forearm?

its a shame no ones gives them a chance
most people just go with
>lel its like being strangled by a midget
without ever owning one, theyre really comfortable in reality

Langhorne is pretty up there

Bump

Is this teacher core?

I'm a teacher and want to slay some pussy (co workers, not students fyi)

You're asking if prep is teacher core?
It's actually student core.

This. Trad is teacher core, prep is the irreverent, laid back spoof.

Maybe I'll try one on next time I see a turtleneck while thrifting. I haven't actually worn one since I was like 9. But I don't think I like the look. Not the "strangled out by a manlet"

They can be, I guess. I've worn them a handful of times with a down vest over it and I thought it looked okay.

What's trad

grown up preppy. less madras and GTH and clashing green/red combinations. more blazers and loafers