ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2009/12/perfumery-material-oudaloeswoodagarwood.html
creedboutique.com/creed-universal-perfumes/248-creed-for-kids.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

What fragrance should I buy for my gf?

>half-black
>weeb
>never worn fragrance before afaik
>reserved but matter-of-fact personality
>christfag
>in her mid 20s

it's beginning to get cold out. post what you wear to feel less cold.

What's your name, and where do you live so I can cuck you?

>Says nothing at all about what she likes or does
>Just random tidbits of her life

Mongoloid.

ikr

that half-wit can get a delicious brown qt3.14 gf to watch comfy chinese cartoons with while i have to jerk it, sans lotion, to some 6/10 waitress i caught 'mirin a couple weeks back in between shitposts on Veeky Forums

fml

Best MFK oud?

>Taking it this personally

user, why tho? Just go back to /r9k/ or whatever

chlorine gas

chlorine gas

Just take her to a department store and get her to sample some things, see what she likes and doesn't like then come back with specifics.

Anything cheapo for a guy, something casual/practical/simple vibe, I hate sweet smells btw

How do you know what fragrances to wear depending on the season/weather? What book do I have to study to understand shit like this lmao

Think about the smells you associate with the season and work out from there.

Consider the strength. You don't want something too cloying in the heat.

Juliet has a gun - Not a perfume

Embrace the cold.

Go to fragrantica website, they list the seasonality with each fragrance and a notes breakdown. You'll start to see pattern if you look at the scents you like/don't like. Heavier, ambers, musk, etc. = cooler weather, lighter marine and grassy scents = hot weather.

Sephora has a fragrance sampler gift, 10 or so spray testers and a voucher for a full bottle of the one she likes best.

Unfortunately I'm headed into summer

Thoughts on pic related? The only cool weather semi-tobacco fragrance I own is Versace Man, and I have been interested in this.

If I think Mugler Cologne is noticeably inferior to Creed Original Vetiver, will I be disappointed in Pure Havane? What would you recommend as a more deluxe choice? In before Tabarome.

Should I get Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille? I don't like the scent out of the bottle when I sampled it, but I ran into someone wearing it yesterday and it smelled pretty good on them.

what's the best fragrance from maison looney tunes?

>tfw spent £130 on Terre D'Hermes then realised it smells exactly like the Bvlgari Aqva I copped online for £20

your nose is broken.

>tfw you find something with notes you want but it's discontinued

this too

cedar/lavender/coffee/anise-licorice

Just want to let you know that I appreciate you making and remaking these generals.

>Found the perfect scent for me many years ago
>It was beautiful on my skin
>Amazing performance
>It smelled like heaven
>Constant compliments
>Unique without being some gay ELDO tier shit
>It's been discontinued...for over a decade

I can't find it, no matter where I look...I can't fucking find it.

gf just bought this, r8

These thredas reek of gypsy nigger
[-]

sandnigger thread

Do you think Shia Laboeuf wears fragrance? How about Zach Hill? Fuck off with your smelly threads.

Why is Oud hit or miss for so many people?

What WAS it user

Sorry you can't afford good frags, Mr Gutman. Maybe this thread just isn't for you.

Because many frags use one of several synthetic compounds (yes, even expensive frags), and there are several grades of natural oud. perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2009/12/perfumery-material-oudaloeswoodagarwood.html

Some ouds are indolic, and the animal/shit note turns them off. If their only exposure was strong Indian oud, they're likely to dismiss the genre.

Warm seasons: citrus, aquatic, light, green, fresh, cool

Cold seasons: spices, incense, leather, tobacco, amber, warm

Makes sense to me, but I've been into fragrances for a little while.

You can still easily find decants and bottles of those in eBay

Always seems pretty obvious to me.
fruits, drinks, aquas are all for summer. heavier shit like leather, tobacco, incense for winter.

>ordering vintage fragrance off ebay

What are some oud fragrances with that toe cheese note? Shit's fucking intoxicating
>inb4 footfag

I have more trouble with day and night. Fall/winter and spring/summer is well-delineated, but almost every cold-weather frag I own is too heavy for daytime wear.

Have you smelled all the frags you mention? You seem to imply that Mugler is like a Creed knock off house, which is not the case. MC smells very little like OV and Tabarome Millesime is nothing like PH.

Anyway, if you've smelled any of the Mugler Pure line, you are 90% there, as they all share the same "DNA." I'd say it is closest to Pure Malt, just add a sweet cigar tobacco note.

If you like it, think it fits in to your wardrobe and can afford it, get it.

>Terre D'Hermes...smells exactly like...Bvlgari Aqva
Either one of those is not legit and a wild;y different juice is in the bottle or
>your nose is broken

I personally don't find it anything to write home about, but
>You can still easily find decants and bottles of those in eBay

I got news for you: pretty much every note has its fans and detractors. There are so many shades and varieties of oud, I bet even people who claim to hate it might like a different variety.

Wait, so it didn't work on your skin when you sampled it? Then why on earth would you buy it? Skin chemistry does play a role in fragrances.

Curious: what are your reasons for the negative opinion?

Recommend me a frag for fall/winter
> 21 years old
> student
> mostly wear button ups with a jacket on top
> notes I like: whatever the hell is in CK Euphoria Intense, and burberry london

I already have CK Euphoria intense, and am considering copping burberry london. I have amouage reflection man but to me it seems like more of a spring/summer night time scent.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

What are some frags you had high hopes for but ended up really not liking?

Tobacco Vanille
Dior Fève Délicieuse
Amouage Jubilation
Encre Noir
La Nuit de l"homme

Bvlgari is an aquatic frag

Terre is pretty much everything BUT aquatic

one or both of those frags you bought is fucked

tf oud wood
tf noir
la nuit de l'homme

i'm still pleased with all of them though. I think I just had very high expectations

Chergui
Saw it listed/recced/compared constantly when reading up on fragrances I like, so figured it would be a fucking no brainer blind buy. Nah. Disgustingly powdery and dripping with honey, tolerable after two hours, pretty nice by hour 3, but I'm not buying anything I have to wait that long to enjoy.

Also: every Chanel I've tried has been a disappointment.

Most Aventus and Tom Ford scents

I will say that none of the ones I tried are bad. They just weren't outstanding like I was hoping

Aventus is a fragrance by Creed.
Aventus isn't a fragrance house.

La nuit de l'homme was slightly disappointing, but still really good

im lookin for something similar but for males

>au de toilette Coco Mademoiselle was launched one year after the perfume and eau de parfum concentrations. Lighter and sweeter, it starts with cooling citrus freshness: the orange of Sicily and Calabrian bergamot united with aromatic note of Sicilian grapefruit. Sparkling litchi gives a beautiful fruity nuance and brightens the classical floral duo: rose and jasmine. The gentler notes of patchouli, vetiver, Bourbon vanilla and white musk are balanced In a new way and create a sweet and soft base. The fragrance was created by Jacques Polge in 2002.

I...got lost in my train of thought

forgive me

something similar to Dune (W), in the same or lower price range, but richer (as in: not watered down)?

Forgiven my child

Would you question the sexuality of a late 20s dude wearing Dior Addict? Asking for a friend.

Thoughts on Versace Eros? 18 yo

Asked last thread but didn't get many replies

I want to smell dark and edgy as fuck, like an abyss

What should I wear?

Voleur de Roses
Amouage's Opus VII

gasoline. literally spray a little gasoline on your clothes. or rub them in gunpowder.

How do you feel about Creed for Kids, new fragrances from Creed just for kids?

creedboutique.com/creed-universal-perfumes/248-creed-for-kids.html

Have you tried "searching by notes" on Fragrantica?

i think perfumes directed at kids under 10 are tacky at best, weirdly predatory and shameless brand loyalty vehicles at worst.

kids aren't going to buy creed. parents with too much disposable income are going to buy it. and it's going to sit on the shelf, because the only perfume a kid will want at that age will have a singer/boyband/celeb/tvshow attached, no matter what it smells like.

>don't like fresh fragrances
>creed's stable of freshies never go past "pleasant"
>all the meme "sport" frags and never more than "okay"
>try guerlain homme
>can't stop smelling arm
what the fuck i love fresh frags now

>try this at Macy's
>really like it
>it's for women

What do

buy a pair of cute panties
spray perfume on panties

at this point you have options.
1.) wax all body hair, wear cute femme-smelling panties all day, enjoy having a secret

or

2.) wear cute femme-smelling panties on head/face when you go to sleep at night

What's a good size for EDT and EDP bottles respectively? I'm asking because I'm just getting into this and I'd like to start making purchases. I fear that I'll get bored or "outgrow" whatever I buy before the bottle is out.

Also, can anyone explain their appreciation for D&G The One for Men? I saw a few people in earlier threads praising it as a great fall/winter fragrance, and then I saw the internet's praise for it, so I thought it had to be this really incredible thing. To me it is fairly nice, but it doesn't captivate the season as much as I thought it would. And its projection/longevity is absolutely miserable. Is there anything similar that feels better suited to the weather and is stronger?

Get 50ml or smaller.

You probably will never be able to use it all before the scent changes unless you spray everyday.

Something masculine that smells like this? Not in a literal way of course

For summer, this

Anyone have opinions on this? gf's prolly getting me for christmas, wanna know what im getting into.

slumberhouse norne or kiste
cdg sugi or kyoto or black
maybe tf tuscan leather or noir de noir
maybe 1899 hemingway
maybe coromandel
maybe creed's royal oud
depending on your interpretation

Fucking Beaufort London. Gunpowder, blood, ink, deep sea and burning ships.

Looks like the best note breakdown I've ever seen. What do you think about it?

Dumb to buy something like this blind. Buy some CdG (and others similar in notes) samples at Perfumed Court or (I think) Lucky Scent and test them on your skin over several days. It pays off in even one bottle you like vs one you don't. CdG frags are all pretty different and distinctive.

I can second Norne (cold but sweet) and Royal Oud, (woody, sweet, warm).
Source: BF has both, breaks them out about this time of year.

I really want this to smell like Skittles or Froot Loops. See Demeter Fragrances for more crazy smelling stuff.

They have five different fragrances and each one seems weirder than the previous one, honestly. Really evocative stuff.

Tonnerre I'd say is the most representative of their style, with the gunpowder and bloody deep aquatic notes that I've mentioned. I picture oldschool marine-themed woodcut art. Completely unwearable to me, but I admire the execution a lot.

Break Tonnerre in half and you get Vi et Armis and Fathom V - the first one is mostly black tea, birch tar, ash and has a more industrial feel, the second is damp soil, mud moss and reeds.

The one I do have and wear is Coeur de Noir, which is loaded with black ink, leather and pipe tobacco, with a dab of vanilla and sweet whiskey or cognac. TF Tobacco Vanille or Noir de Noir without the rose, that spent the last century at the bottom of the ocean.

Lignum Vitae also gets really sweet and weird, because it's mostly super black, three-day old tea and lemon sponge cake. That you eat with bare hands smeared with old industrial grease.

>22yo male
>i like green and woody fragrances but i'm open for other recs
>i'm into ambient and drone music
i want something that smells dreamyyy

I might try and sample a couple. Seems like hard to get a hold off. Thanks for the descriptives! Appreciated

Sample set or individual vials are at The Perfumed Court website, they usually do a Black Friday coupon if you are signed up to their mailing list.

They are described as unisex but I read some reviews at Fragrantica and I'm having a hard time seeing that. Which are most likely not to suck on a female?

Wear it? Lots of men wear women's frags. It's pretty common, go read Basenotes website.

Chanel Chance, Marc Jacobs Daisy, any of the Gwen Stefani Harajuku Girls fragrances, or a gift set of them.

Okay have fun never getting any vintage perfume except trebly marked up Shalimars at "vintage" antique sales once every year.

Seriously eBay is the place where serious perfume lovers cop incredible deals. There isn't any place better to do it.

Have you tried Cuir de Russie, or Coromandel? I think they're true masterpieces. Even no 19 or Bel Respiro to some extent

With the way people talked up Chergui, it seemed like I'd love it. Then I had some bad experiences with other tobacco and honey frags and realized it would be powdery and I'd hate it. Looks like I probably came to the right conclusion.

My mom bought me CK one and Mont blanc Legend.

I wanted Aventus Creed :|

how fuck am I?

you have a mom who loves you. you're not fucked at all. aventus is not what the internet hype makes it out to be.

MY HOMIE (except that's the pleb bottle)

I have a bit of this that I'm hoarding, it's my top tier. What else do you like?

Have only tried Coromandel, have Russie on my list.

Allure Homme
Allure Homme Blanche
Allure Homme Sport
Bleu de
Coromandel
Egoiste
Sycomore
Pour Monsieur

None have ever gone beyond "pleasant." I think there's something in the Chanel dna that bothers me. An aldehydic note or something.

W2C?