Pea coat hate

These things are so goddamm ugly and stupid, yet hipsters and other fags insist on wearing them and claim they look good...

Jesus this
You should have seen Veeky Forums in 2009
You'd be too embarrassed to respond

Looks better than most of the coats or jackets that make you look like a bloated fat fuck.

Still better than Rick lmao

Everything is ruined after bearded fucks pick it up. I mean, you could argue it was never good in the first place, but fashion is cyclical.

Something has to bring it down.

barbour master race

Its never the coat, its the nu-male in it.

It always looked shit tbf, too short

This is a stupid term

Sunday Veeky Forums is worst Veeky Forums.

yes of course its going to look fucking good on a model

whats your point

normal people especially husky dudes cant pull it off

The point being it's not the fucking coat, you mongoloid. It's the association it has with the people that wear it.

I also dislike them but that's probably because the only people I see wearing them not only look like the fag in OP, but they wear some shit-quality American Eagle version.

that is my point

it isnt a bad garment most people are just garbage

Dis

Did someone in a pea coat fuck your bitch?

Something about this faggot's face makes me want to smash it in. I think it's the tortoise shell glasses and his skinny shoulders, and mostly the smugness that hangs around him, despite the fact that his biggest accomplishment is getting an easy as shit IT job that pays 80k a year.

being this insecure about a picture

>that
>looks good

A pea coat is a military garment. If you can support it, it's good looking.

If you look like a twink, or a hipster, or an unmanly man, you'll be better served by some other garment.

I have the same glasses and I'm a software developer. My work is moderately hard I'd say, but I do it from a comfy office with free food provided and flexible hours and I get back home after 8 hours.

Why are you mad at people like me being confident?

>Most models are twinks or unmanly men
>Peacoats look amazing on most models

You're a retard. It's the general association Peacoats now have with wannabe hipster fucktards.

hipsters dont wear peacoats theyre long dead

most people i see wearing peacoats now are people who have no sense of self awareness and think theyre being 'classy' by wearing cheap peacoats they ordered off ebay and newsboy caps

also they almost always are redditors

Mostly because he's ruining beards and peacoats by being such a pussy numale, which both can look great if they aren't worn by a pussy numale. He's barely ever touched a weight in his life and will likely be content until his death with his job in IT.

Hell even the tortoise shell horn rims would look okay on someone who's actually manly. I think eyeglasses shouldn't be worn unless you really need them, as in you'd crash your car on the way to work without them.

Anyway like someone else said it's not the stuff he's wearing it's the fact that he looks like a huge pussy with a typical unearned smug liberal superiority complex.

You faggots will cry your eyes out if hipsters start wearing Ricks.

>I think eyeglasses shouldn't be worn unless you really need them, as in you'd crash your car on the way to work without them.

???

Who the fuck is wearing glasses without needing them in your life? If I could stop viewing life through a fucking frame I would love to do that.

The guy in the picture looks like he's wearing them because they're fashionable, not because he needs them. idk people do that shit man

It doesn't even fit him since the bottom button is broke free
Also his pants are shit.

Why are you projecting so hard?

rick makes peacoats tho

The only people still wearing them where I am are weak chinned manlets wearing them with ill fitting striaght leg light blue walmart tier jeans and garbage shopko/payless running shoes.

What color does navy Peat coat work with? For pants, I can only see dark indigo or pale grey, khaki, perhaps camel.

>>military garment
>>look like a twink
>being this oblivious

What length peacoat do you guys like better?

Something short-ish like this, or longer like ?

demonic trips, all hail

Hipsters insulting hipsters.

>Veeky Forums thinks pea coats look like shit
>Veeky Forums thinks any type pf leather jacket looks tacky
So what exactly are normies supposed to wear, then? Its not like wearing a normal coat looks good with a jeans. You just want them to freeze to death? (dont answer that)

They are shit unless you wanna look like Louis CK.

This. Theres value in just-better-than-norm core

my biggest pet peeve is when guys wear an expensive looking pea coat with super basic blue jeans. It's the normie version of 'dressing nice' and it looks like absolute shit

why are people talking about peacoats

is this thread a portal back to 2008?

Denim jackets, bomber jackets, Harrington jackets, M-65 jackets, coach jackets, chore coats, and parkas clearly do not exist in your mind then.

Maybe before you decide to type whatever retarded normie thoughts out for the world to see you could use whatever IQ points you have left to actually think for one second. You're on a fashion board.

You fucking walnut fuckface. Freeze to death.

>It doesn't even fit him since the bottom button is broke free
that's literally how you're supposed to wear it, you're just retarded.

The only thing that can even be remotely considered to be a winter jacket from that list are parkas. Not everybody lives in fucking Brazil you favela subhuman.

Wool topcoats, coach jackets, bombers, and sherpa-lined denim jackets don't work for you?

>relying on one piece of outerwear to keep you warm if it's that cold

Do you even layer you fuck? You're on a fashion board.

>living in a hellish shithole flyover state

Once again, freeze to death in your rotting shithole of a small town

did you even read the OP?

Kill yourself

I did, and I'm ignoring it because OP is a retard. Any other questions?

Most chore coats I've seen are blanket lined, should be good down to below freezing point.
Bomber jackets are also good below freezing as are some lined denim jackets. M-65 with a liner probably would be, I've no first-hand experience of those.

If you're talking about weather that is significantly below freezing then it should be clearer to you what you need to wear, shouldn't it? At that point you'd be looking at a niche of clothes rated for that purpose rather than which clothes look most Veeky Forums in your temperature range.

Agreed

Ugly, but comfortable.

Yeah thanks for your advice bud. Really means alot coming from you, I know you have a supreme taste in fashion and wear nothing short of the best clothing around.

Do you by anychance own a bomber jacket? Or skinny jeans? Just asking.

Are you by chance overweight or using a beard to cover your double chin?

>this massive butthurr

Where do you live? Iowa?

I haven't seen people wearing peacoats in years

So what exactly is wrong with them?

They are warm, have a collar that you can pop up if there's a lot of wind, good space for layering underneath, leaves space for a scarf, and usually has enough pockets for whatever you need.

If you are too dumb to get a pea coat that fits well, or because you see some dude with an ill-fitting pea coat, then that is hardly the garments fault.

Oh and once more, they are very warm. Of course it doesn't matter in some tropical or mediterranean country, but in arctic countries you actually need a warm coat.

Nothing, some people here have just decided they don't like them this season so they think it's cool and extra effay to bash them. Sure there are cheap and badly styled examples but that can be said of any garment.

Peacoats are a classic and certainly aren't going anywhere for the reasons you mentioned.

>if hipsters start wearing Rick
>if
do you seriously think there is one single person in the world who wears rick and isn't a hipster

You're listing functional points more than aesthetic reasons.

I'm not actually anti-pea coat, by the way.

Why do Canadians look so cucky all of the time?

Properly fitting pea coats look good imo, if you bring one over to a tailor they can do wonders. They are still quite normie-tier though.

They insist it looks good because its their first adult looking piece of clothing
t. every 18-22 yr old adjusting their outdated wardrobe

Peacoats can look good however, people need to just stay away from cheap looking black/gray ones.

You're hating a coat style that existed for multiple centuries, you're so progressive