twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Awful fakes
>happy meal toy watches
>chink shit

Just the low tier Seikos save your collection desu

One paycheck away.

>that fraudemars

wew

I'm looking for a cheap (around $200) chronograph watch. Preferably automatic (I'd pay more for that)
Suggestions?

fuck thats beautiful

How much

3rd from the left on the top row?

fake submariner probably

Based mountain man. I'm considering that or a Steinhart next. Probably don't need another diver though.

>AP
>Sekio

Wanna know how I can tell the AP is fake?

Sieko tuna, i'm a purist with a love for historical pieces.

Just won this Indian piece of shit for $7.50 shipped.

12 watches and the only good one is the 10 dollar meme casio, seriously impressive to have taste that bad

Veeky Forums in a nutshell
o have long given up trying to make them see

Do you wear watches for the look of them or do you actually have a practical use for them. I want to get one to cover an ugly discoloration I have above my left hand but it seems pointless since I use my phone to check the time.

I also have no idea what to look into and would want just one I wore everyday.

>happy meal
Came here to say this

i want a versatile first watch, do you think i should buy this timex horween leather strap watch from huckberry? its only $88.

MC Ride don't do watches nigga

otoh shia wears watches

I used to be a chronic phone-checker too, for the time. Started wearing a watch, and I became accustomed to it, checking my phone less. One day, the battery died while I was at work. Made me realize how often I did look at my watch; every five minutes I'd forget my watch was stopped, and then I'd look. You'll get used to it.

As for an everyday watch, look at a Timex Weekender or Expedition. You'll be able to hear it ticking from a mile away, but you can easily get a fashionable-enough one for cheap.

Warning: Alpinists will look like a memewatch on your wrist unless you're older than 30.

I have deep scars on my wrist, so i always wear a watch. I have an ugly casio that is super useful and helps me out a ton in the gym, and a vintage watch that runs slow but looks nice, so honestly just go for whatever you like the look of the most.

Just bought this Aark for my girlfriend because she wanted a fashion watch and I could make myself get her a mall shitter.

I wish they had a functioning compass.

Looking for suggestions for my first watch since I started browsing the board

Looking for something normiecore, basically stylistically versatile, cost effective, and blue-collar durable

i like them but am afraid they might be too cheap, or trashy.

I really dig vintage analog watches. I really vlue military watches.

this is a soviet wostock, that i can get for cheap. Thoughts?

100% worth it. Wore mine today. They look much better on leather though

The fuck they will. Unless you're a flouncy manchild you'll be fine

The Seikos are totally respectable, fuck outta here

>Do you wear watches for the look of them or do you actually have a practical use for them

You use them to check the time

Just the act of using a watch to check the time rather than whipping a phone out makes you look like more of a grown-up than most grown-ups

>obligatory seiko 5 recommendation

Do not spend 80 dollars on a Timex Weekender

They're fundamentally solid watches, but they're not worth $80

Would you guys recommend buying a watch from Filson?

If not what other watch around that price range would you suggest?

the Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Chronograph looks good. Reverse panda.

Sadly the Alpinist is 38mm. Far too small for my wrists.

I keep my phone with me 25% of the time. It's nice to not be on a social leash.

I utilize a watch 1. for the time, and 2. for fashion.

Does anyone here own any Original Grain, Jord, etc wooden watches?

I've wanted to try one out because they look neat. I haven't worn a watch in like ten years but I've been considering wearing one recently.

Casio F91-W
Timex Weekender
Seiko 5

I personally don't like vintage russian watches unless there's something interesting about them, like the Copernic, they just look old and worn. If you want military, look at field watches like the SNK809 or the timex Expedition Scout. If you still want to buy pyccкий, look at Vostok Amphibians on ebay. I personally like the ones with the blue dial and the diver, some have subs on them too.

I think Vostoks are cool, but I'm biased as I recently bought pic related and can't be happier, when I don't think about the fact that I can't track down a metal bracelet that matches the bead blasted finish of the case and doesn't cost more than the watch

Sheeit
I though only me would cop the chink Nautilus. How is it?

Thoughts on Junghans watches?

I think I'll buy a Max Bill

overpriced relative to their quality

Have that seiko, great watch, especially for the money. Same problem with all the seiko 5s though, if you don't wear it for 2 days it dies and you gotta shake it a bit before setting it again.

just copped. hope im not disappointed by the time it gets here

Just copped this, how'd I do?
grailed.com/listings/307565

it's my first seiko, and I just started getting into watches.

For thirty bucks, I'd say you did well.

>Same problem with all the seiko 5s though, if you don't wear it for 2 days it dies
That sounds like every mechanical watch ever.

Looks great, I like it.

Whats the problem with them? Mine needed a new battery after 4 years and a new strap roughly every second to third year which seems reasonable to me.

Guys, I'm confused as hell about Seiko.
Just by typing "Seiko" into google, the first two results are "seikousa" and "seikowatches"
They have the same "collections", but not the same models. And typing model numbers from one site into the other yields nothing. Seiko USA is way more expensive than Seiko Watches. What the hell is going on?

And then neither of these sites have the around 50 dollar seiko 5 you find on amazon.

if you shake a Seiko automatic and hear a little rattle, is something broken?

also is this chronograph effay (pic related)? should I wait for a potential panda version, or is reverse panda more attractive?

(I don't care how you feel about homages, we're talking 1k vs 50k here)

I wish I could help with all of your questions (Seiko vs Seiko USA). I know that Seikos are generally cheaper on amazon and other places, because you're not buying from AD (and thus not getting the factory warranty). I've heard awesome things about 'insuron', one of amazon's warranty programs...

that means its aggravated and might bite you. i suggest backing away slowly

quite so, a tyrannosaurus perhaps... I don't know if all of my seikos are fucked, or if it's normal that there's a little rattle when you shake them

Because it's an automatic, it has a weight back there that moves around to wind the watch up. When I move mine around, The rattle sounds like gears moving (Which is exactly what is happening)
So, no, unless it really sounds off, it's just the normal function of the watch.

so the rotor's doing it. thank you.

No problem
Also, to your other question about the Steinhart: I'd wear that thing if I had the cash to buy it. I've been in a chronograph mood recently.

Me too! I just bought my first chronograph, it's just a fashion watch made by a wealthy watch collector (pic related - and borrowed). Central secondhand timer.

double-domed, ar-coated sapphire
quartz (meh)
Breitling homage
$230

I'm stoked for the Steinhart, do you have a preference for panda or reverse-panda options?

Judge me but please don't hurt my brittle feelings.

Got this shit for only $40

It's pretty good but the glass scratches more easily than expensive ones

>people actually spend more than €10 on watches

hahahaha

I saw a video about this today, very interesting watch but a pain in the ass the maintain and use.

>According to secret documents issued to interrogators at Guantánamo Bay, obtained[5] and released by The Guardian, "the Casio F-91W digital watch was declared to be 'the sign of al-Qaeda' and a contributing factor to continued detention of prisoners by the analysts stationed at Guantánamo Bay. Briefing documents used to train staff in assessing the threat level of new detainees advise that possession of the F91W – available online for as little as £4 – suggests the wearer has been trained in bomb making by al-Qaeda in Afghanistan."[6]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W

Wayyy too big and bulky for your skinny little bitch boi wrist

It looks much better on a steel bracelet

I'm not familiar with analogue casio watches, but imo you could have saved up for another month or two and gotten an automatic diver on sale.

Meh I can't do anything about my wrist width.

Mine came with rubber straps, which seemed a bit much.

Yea, NATO looks better than that rubber monstrosity imho

>not being a poor piece of shit
ahah

>doesn't waste money unnecessarily
>must be poor

>fashion
>unnecessary
Kek

Should I?

Only with a suit

I pretty much look like this 8 hours a day, only much younger

Then I think it should look ok. I'm not a fan of metal watchbands, but it's a personal taste

You should get a Tudor big block instead same style and it's part of the rolex family.

I can't spend that much money on a watch

Auction ends in two days. Bids are at about 100€. Im fuggin getting it

Aye, I saw that Techmoan video the other day myself. I wouldn't say it's that much of a pain in the ass, it's absolutely fascinating.
In addition it's absolutely
>a e s t h e t i c

Techmoan is super duper quality youtubing imho

You need to replace all 3 batteries every 3 months, that's about 36 batteries a year

3 times 4 is...

Indeed he is.

That's not a watch you wear every day in my opinion. If you don't use the LED display to check on the time when it's at home I assume the power usage goes down drastically.
Not to mention if you change them every 3 months that's 12 batteries a year...

34?

Hi, looking for my first proper watch, opinions on this? Build quality look ok? I like the design. Thanks lads.

>Not buying a f-105w instead of a f-91w
hahahaha

Yeah but you can do something about wearing a big ass bulky watch that reminds people of flava flav

>skx007
>bulky

Did you buy it with a steel bracelet or did you sub that one in?

yeah well. I wear the diver when wearing thick bulky sweaters etc. Otherwise I do go with my slimmer Seiko 5

I literally wearing that one rn haha

Gotta post more than just a picture that has no markings to tell you about the maker.

When it comes to watches with that design philosophy build quality is rarely decent.

Sorry forgot the link. If you could give me any suggestions on a similar style minimalist design, with decent build quality, id be grateful, if this is crap instrmnt.co.uk/01-a

>assembly required

Unfortunately I don't know much of makers of that style since I prefer a different look to my watches.

No worries thanks anyway

my nigga

np
These and Interiors are my favorite threads on Veeky Forums

How much are you willing to spend user? Do you like extra minimal watches?