Tell me 1 thing that is wrong about quran

tell me 1 thing that is wrong about quran
pro tip:you'll never find it

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran#Mathematical_Error_in_Hereditary_Laws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus died.
Jesus was crucified.
Jesus rose from the dead.
Jesus is God.

/thread

what is wrong with that

It's incorrect. It didn't happen. It's not true history.

Remember, this is history & humanities, not /pol/ theology.

>Some schizo arab listening to the devil 600 years later knows more than the eyewitnesses.

Veeky Forums

You think these things are in the Quran?

And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
Qur'an 36:37-38

kek

Sun runs to a resting space at night. Geocentric much, muslims?

Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
Qur'an 18:86

Sun sets in a muddy spring.

kek

Those things are denied by the qur'an.

Not even Muslim and I can run with that as poetic license. If you do too many more, I'll eventually agree, though. Not trying to be inflammatory, but a middle-road guy.

And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with stars/lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.
Qur'an 67:5

Derp. What is a star, and how is it different from a meteorite?

The hour drew nigh and the moon did rend asunder.
Qur'an 54:1-3

Gee, the moon was split in two? When did this happen? did anyone tell the moon?

You think the sun needs to rest, and you also don't understand how the solar system works.

kek

Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.
Qur'an 65:12

There's only 7 planets? You sure, Achmed?

I can write poetic prose that implies it does and not mean it literally. That's what I'm saying.

Like I said, I'm going to eventually agree if you post enough of those, but that one isn't it.

Do you also think the sun gets folded up at night?

When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up
Qur'an 81:1

4.11: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.

4.12: In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth; after payment of legacies and debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question, has left neither ascendants nor descendants, but has left a brother or a sister, each one of the two gets a sixth; but if more than two, they share in a third; after payment of legacies and debts; so that no loss is caused (to any one). Thus is it ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Most Forbearing.
Qur'an 4:11-12

Ruh roh, Scooby. This distributes 112.5% of a man's estate! What do!

Seest thou not that the ships sail through the ocean by the Grace of Allah?- that He may show you of His signs? Verily in this are signs for all who constantly persevere and give thanks.
Qur'an 31:31

Ships are miracles!

No, but I can write a poem about it doing it and be just as correct. You're not getting my point, I'm not a Muslim. I'm saying your example so far are only funny if those lines are specifically meant to be understood in a literal fashion, which I'm not entirely sure they are.

I can cite secular works, lines in modern rock songs, that aren't literally true, but the way they're poetically referenced, make some sense.

O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!
Qur'an 55:33

I guess Allah gave the USA and the USSR, non-muslim countries, a pass! But, hmmm, no muslim countries received such a blessing from their "god".

Go ahead and write that poem.

Then claim that your poem is eternal; that the original of your poem was always written in the heavens, and dictated to you by God Himself.

And then wonder why people mock you when it contains obviously unscientific errors in it.

The qur'an does not purport to be some guy's poem. It claims to be from god.

The hereditary division formula makes absolutely no mathematical sense. This is a completely irreconcilable error for a supposedly perfect text.
wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran#Mathematical_Error_in_Hereditary_Laws

The way I understand spiritual literature, yes people claim it's imparted from their deity, but I don't understand they always claim it's a literal fashion. I think you're on a tangent with an agenda.

Sometimes lines are in parables, or analogies or even just flowery wistful rhetoric. I think part of the problem is when the devoted take certain parts in a literal fashion and run with it.

He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs
Qur'an 86:6-7

Do you believe sperm resides in the testicles? If so, you are not a muslim!

Doesn't the Qur'an explicitly state at one point that the holy trinity is God, Jesus, and Mary? I could be wrong but I swear I read it.

And I think you will learn better when these savages have a knife to your throat and begin moving their arm in a sawing motion.

Kind of. It's supposed to be a rebuke from allah to Jesus to see if Jesus was the one telling people the trinity was Father Son and Mary.

Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Qur'an 96:2

Hmmmm, doesn't look like allah knows anything about embryology!

Also, let's talk about how the Qur'an talks about Mohammed being a prophet in the style of Moses, when there's no archaeological evidence that exodus even happened.

Though in fairness, lack of support for the exodus is a problem for all the Abrahamic faiths in general.

See, you're bonkers and you don't pay attention. I already said I'm not a Muslim. Try a little harder to convince me.

And of every thing We have created pairs: That ye may receive instruction.
Qur'an 51:49

Not every creature procreates or reproduces through male and female sexual relationship. The whiptail lizard in the U.S. Southwest, Mexico, and South America, is an all-females species which reproduces by parthenogenesis. Viruses reproduce using a host's DNA and are neither female nor male. Bacteria reproduce by cell division. Fungus can reproduce either sexually or asexually. Many species of plants also reproduce either asexually or through pollination.

Googling "scientific errors in the qur'an" is so difficult.

--OP

Again, if you think semen comes from the ribs, maybe you're just the perfect revert!

>revert
I wasn't ever a Muslim. See, you're just a crazy fucker with a chip on his shoulder, swinging at air. Not even worth my time.

Incidentally, I'm not saying you have potato chips on your upper body, nor are you literally moving your arms.

You're such a pleb.

A revert is a convert to Islam; they think you're Islamic and just don't know it.

>muh posts are the same as the qur'an.

A lot of its prescriptions are oppressive or at least unnecessary by our modern Western standards.

It's ridiculous that a man's word in court should always invariably be considered more trustworthy than a woman's.

Well, if you were the intelligent, critical thinker you seem to think you are, you'd agree with me.

Everyone is born a Muslim. Even young children know God is real.

"all that your right hand possesses" thing is pretty disturbing.

But are children born knowing that allah is the devil?

Are you one of those Gnostics? That's just weird, man. God is not the devil.

Allah is the Arabic word for "God", just as the Spanish call him "Dios" or Germans call him "Gott". There are Arabic-speaking branches of Christianity which use the term "Allah" in their bibles.

I know you're not going to believe me, ever, on that, but I'm telling you the truth. You've been indoctrinated to believe it's the name of a moon god, probably, but Allah was never the name of any polytheistic moon god being in the Arabian peninsula. You've been lied to.

God is not a man and God would never have allowed his prophet Jesus (pbuh) to be killed by Jews.

Every division goes by "what is left". So lets say I have some bills to pay, then those go first. From what is left, my wife gets a share. From what is left, my kids get their share. Continue until divided. Inheritance law is well fleshed out in Islam anf the arabic qur'an is clear as fuck. Maybe refer to the verses that say that God has made it "an arabic quran", and predicts that if its in a different language people will complain about it being vague or incomprehensible.

>and predicts that if its in a different language people will complain about it being vague or incomprehensible.
So you can just write off any non-Arabic criticism?

Anyway even by your interpretation there is not going to be any even division of the inheritance, you keep dividing and dividing but will never be able to distribute the entire lot, only break it into smaller pieces.

God is not the devil, true enough.

But allah is. Hater. Trickster. Deceiver. Plotter. Planner.

People like you think that, but people like you also think that there is no heaven or hell.

Al-lah is a name; Hubal is a name. Hubal is the god of Mohammad's father, one of the 360 in the kaaba.

Hubal never left the kaaba. Hubal is HaBaal, the Ba'al of the Moabites.

The Arabs have never worshiped the God of the Jews. They have always worshiped Ba'al.

>I know what God can and cannot do, and what God would and would not allow, for I am user.

What if God cared more about saving His creation than about His own personal honor?

Yeah, no.

Wife: 1/8 = 3/24,
Daughters: 2/3 = 16/24,
Father: 1/6 = 4/24,
Mother: 1/6 = 4/24,
Total = 27/24=1.125

>Muslims cannot into maths.

The fact that one of the main features of the qur'an is its linguistic miracle, I would write off most, not all, criticisms that are clearly resolved in Arabic.

Quite frankly, if you are interested enough in a text to debate it so vehemently online, learn the language. If you're not willing to do that, then drop the subject. You wouldn't rebuke a physicists ideas without knowing physics, so why critique an *ARABIC QUR'AN* without knowing Arabic?

On the inheritance issue, the last in line gets the remaining amount. Consult the sunnah and the jurists, this is generally well resolved m8.

Oh, I guess Islam is just for native Arabic speaking people then.

Good to know.

Why are you calling God a hater, trickster and a plotter?

What is left.
Meaning: what remains.
Ergo:
Wife takes 1/8th of 1. The 7/8th that remains are the new 1.
Repeat.

>We resolved the errors in the quran, and accept the abrogated suras, even as we claim it all to be perfect from God Himself.

I'm not.

I'm calling allah a plotter and planner, a trickster, a deceiver, a hater, and in fact the devil himself.

I think I made that pretty clear.

God is all powerful, he doesn't need to perform some weird crucifixion blood magic thingy or whatever it is Christians believe in order to save his creation, especially not on his very own prophet.

Native Arabic speakers have to learn classical arabic as well.

I ask you: if a book provides guidance for all of life, is it too much to ask that you learn the language it's written in?

4.11: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.

4.12: In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth; after payment of legacies and debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question, has left neither ascendants nor descendants, but has left a brother or a sister, each one of the two gets a sixth; but if more than two, they share in a third; after payment of legacies and debts; so that no loss is caused (to any one). Thus is it ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Most Forbearing.
Qur'an 4:11-12

Yeah, no "what was left" there at all.

God is not any of those things or the devil.

>koala picture in first post
>nothing to do with thread
Nice going, Australia

Again, who are you to decide what God can and cannot do? What God will and will not do?

Who are any of you to decide that?

Work on 90% of you being illiterate savages first. Then worry about what God will do.

>errors
A yes, when mathematicians resolve a math problem, they solve errors in the universe!

It wouldn't matter. I know this game. No non-native Arabic speaker can learn the language sufficiently to understand this book of lies.

The devil is all of those things, and not God. Calling him allah instead of satan doesn't change anything.

There is no "remainder" in the suras.

God can do anything he wants. It is you trying to put him a box and claim his powers are limited.

You can't put God in a box.

>calling him God instead of Satan doesn't mean anything

This doesn't even make sense.

>one translation is authoritative
Hi, I'm user, and I am unable to understand the concept of "lost in translation" because I'm a monolingual american.

"Hubal" is not a "ba'al" named "Hu". There was no ba'al named "Hu". You have been soaking too much western christian propaganda and it's hurting your chance to understand ancient cultures.

The ancient god of the Moabites was Chemosh. If you really are interested in this, I enjoy it very much and like to talk about it. If you're just going to pontificate falsehoods and make people stupid, I can stop now.

So all the persians in the islamic golden age were native speakers? That's why they developed lexicons and dictionaries and grammars of Arabic as a second language, because they were native speakers? That's why some of the most influential muslims in the world righr now are non-native speakers of arabic?

>That's why some of the most influential muslims in the world righr now are non-native speakers of arabic?

This. The most powerful man in the world is an English speaking Muslim.

So God can manifest in the flesh, live a sinless life, perform signs and wonders, fulfill all of the ripe prophecies of the Messiah, get crucified, die, and raise again on the third day.

Good to know.

Calling satan "allah" does not change the fact that he's satan.

It claims the existence of a deity without ever providing verifiable evidence for the existence of such a being.

Well then take your debate to an Arabic imageboard you faggot, if we literally are not allowed to argue with you then why are you here?

Hi, I'm responding to user who has never dealt with lying, cheating, goal shifting muslims before.

Hubal, Mohammad's father's god.

Hubal (Arabic: هبل) was a god worshipped in pre-Islamic Arabia, notably at the Kaaba in Mecca. His idol was a human figure, believed to control acts of divination, which was in the form of tossing arrows before the statue. The direction in which the arrows pointed answered questions asked of the idol.

In the Hebrew, Hubal is HaBaal, the Ba'al of the Moabites.

Persians.
Arabs.

Pick one.

You clearly worship Satan but God is not Satan.

I clearly worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and despise satan/allah.

Do not practice exaggeration in your religion. God is not a man.

So God can not become a man even if He wanted to.

Because you say so.

>I clearly worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and despise satan/God.

You aren't making sense.

Why would you despise God and worship God at the same time.

And why would anyone but a worshipper of Lucifer call God Satan?

You didn't actually refute or even attempt to refute what he said.

Yes, to you I make perfect sense. To the person you are writing to, maybe less sense. Maybe you can taqiyya them.

He said there was no Hubal.

There is Hubal.

God can do anything he likes, it does not make claiming God is a man true, that is blasphemous.

God could be a man, to suggest he can't be one would be to limit God.

God could send his only son to be crucified, to suggest he couldn't would be to limit God.

You are projecting your own mortal logic onto the divine, you are the one who limits God by suggesting he "would never" or simply "couldn't" do any given thing.

So God could become a man, if He wanted to.

And about 2000 years ago, He did.

What? You might as well have typed "hghsfhhsfhsd".

He merely parrots what his imam tells him to parrot to westerners.

Of course what nonsense we should follow some shizo kike who claimed to see jeeebus in his dreams and derrives his authority solely from that vision.

That's not what God said.

God said he didn't.

Wahhabis

>God said he didn't.
Your God also says to divide inheritance illogically and claims the Christian trinity is the Son, the Father and Mary, which was never the case and never a view held by any Christian sect ever.

You keep confusing allah with God. I hope you get better one day.

Let's not forget Jesus talking to the wise men from His manger; Jesus causing a clay pigeon to become live; Jesus resurrecting a boyhood friend from drowning; etc., etc., etc.

>you keep confusing God with God

Come again?

In fact, deceit, which is doctrinally grounded in Islam, is often depicted as being equal—sometimes superior—to other universal military virtues, such as courage, fortitude, or self-sacrifice.