Geologycore

Let's get a geologycore/outdoorcore inspo going. Geology undergrad here

Pic related some biotite

Other urls found in this thread:

secretfanbase.com/banana/banana-republic-catalog-no-34-holiday-1987/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im considering geology as I can double major in something else, whats it like/how's the work? Is it really detail oriented or do you get to be a comfy outdoorsman

could be anything. but if you want to work out of university you have to work in a fukin engineers office, at least in germany. than you have to deal with low wages, stand ins and of course engineers. so your degree is pretty useless. lots of competition blah blah.
im considering studying physics after my bsc in geology.

Depends on where you work. My sister is a geologist at NASA so she barely ever leaves the lab, but her husband is a geologist at Hess and goes on some field work. Personally I'd like to be an environmental geologist, petroleum geologists or docient at a National Park, which entails office work and field work.

Kek, post more i'll use them on my homework

Not gonna post all of mine because academic integrity and I'm lazy but heres some muscovite.

What camera are you using on your microscopes? Petrology prof got some last semester and I had to dick-fuck around with it for like an hour to get something somewhat resembling what I was looking at. Yours are gorgeous.

Its an iphone camera:^) some perthite

Geography major here

I wish I was geology now I'm doomed to work in an office for the rest of my life working with shitty GIS software

yo this thread is lit af

Where to get all of this nowadays? Except surplus stuff. Good sweaters are impossible to find in this rougher optic especially in smaller sizes. The cape is amazing too.

Never ever study physics

Why not?
I was planning on doing so...

>tfw math minor and dont have enough time to take GIS
I envy you in that aspect amigo. I only have minimal experience with JMars however.

pls explain. i cant waste another 3 years. kek.

That particular catalog came out in 1987. You can still find French naval capes in wool kicking around, but the particular BR one in the catalogue seems to have disappeared completely. A lot of their stuff from back then had a great mix of surplus and outdoorsman items. Here's a link to the full catalog bro

secretfanbase.com/banana/banana-republic-catalog-no-34-holiday-1987/

Vintage BR is 100% my style, I am so depressed about the fact I cannot find a modern equivalent.

Best bet is vintage. Check Etsy, eBay, thrift stores. Vintage mountaineering and hiking stuff has the same vibe. Some military pieces work, too

Outdoor core is best core

#theoriginal

Teddy and John are effay af

lol
got my geology degree this summer and currently working on my masters but after looking around jobs aand confrences the chances of living your life in the field are slim af