Fashion and Being a Poser

Hi Veeky Forums

I really want to dress like a punk. I love the aesthetic. Dyed hair, leather jackets, combat boots, ripped jeans, piercings, everything

but i come from a clean cut and wealthy background. i never did drugs, never rebelled, never got arrested. if i start dressing edgy will i be a poser?

At this point all that matters is that you listen to a lot of punk rock, get drunk as fuck and take a piss anywhere you want.

yes

liking punk is all it requires to dress punk

poser

this. and why not get in on the scene? nothings stopping you. go to a few shows in your area, make friends - its pretty easy. and piss EVERYWHERE. including all over your edgy clothes.

Who gives a shit if you got money.

You ever watched Repo Man?

>The lights are growing dim Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
>That's bullshit. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
>Yeah, but it still hurts.

Point is: if you haven't watched Repo Man you're a poser.

Punks are chill as fuck and I'm a boarder line hype beast. Squated with a few in my teens. Anyways, the only ones that'd call you a poser are young insecure types. Besides, it's more of a lifestyle than it is a uniform.

Wear what you like, user, fashion is about self-expression. Buy a few edgy pieces and mix them in, see how it feels.
If wealthy buy designer punk stuff. :)

Punk isn't about getting arrested or being poor, punk is about being yourself and doing what you want, when you want.
You dressing punk because it's what YOU want, is way more punk than dressing that way cause you wanna fit in with some dumb club, like most of those kids.
t. Aging punk kid

Everyone's a poser these days anyway, just go for it OP

Yes you are a fucking poser for even asking if you'll be a poser
Own it. Just be you. Dress however you want punk is an attitude as well

Punks are fags. Dress how you want.

/thread

That thrash bag in OP's pic probably listens to Lana Del Rey and thinks she's edgy. I fucking hate these tumblr whores. Back in the day if a girl dressed like that she'd most likely be pretty chill, into cool music, anti-authoritarian, or at least be into anal.
Nowadays? She'd chew your ass off for not going to her BLM protest, rape your ears with hipster Britney songs and eventually break up with you, because you object to her fucking Jamal, thus limiting her freedom of sexual expression and probably report you for raping her, because she changed her mind on the whole fucking you thing.

if its not raw, d beat or stenchcore you might as well not even bother

Go for it

Ya but she's hot.

Yes. Your background doesn't matter but dont emulate a certain vibe if you dont at least listen to some of the music. That being said, punk is pretty dead so dont look for "punk" music and then listen to blink 182 or pennywise or some stupid shit like that. Listen to Richard Hell or Government Issue or Reagan Youth. Also if you wear a misfits band T-shirt (key element to most "punk" shit) any real fan of punk is gonna think you're a shmuck. Only listen to danzig era misfits everything else is retarded.

DOOOOO IT

It's okay we are here for you

So does everybody else. Just go become genderqueer and start hating your dad then you can go become counter culture and advocate for political correctness and the establishment just like the rest of the punks. Also make sure to never work as a blue collar working Joe and go to college for your art degree.