WW2

post your cool ww2 pics

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlov's_House
youtube.com/watch?v=xmpag7cWfvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GOAT WW2 photo.

17 year old Kamikaze pilot. Photo taken day before he killed himself for the glorious emperor

I hope at least he didn't take poor doggy with him

They most likely ate it.

BEADY

one of the more casual photos of the Führer

One girl is wearing a Polish cap and the other a Soviet one, plus they're both wearing earrings. That's just some crappy models with a B&W filter on it.

:(((

The cockpit of a Japanese Imperial Navy Mitsubishi G4M bomber (Allied reporting name "Betty").

Lightly wounded German paratrooper during the battle of Monte Cassino.

USAAF B-17 bomber "Silver Dollar" going down above Germany after getting hit by a bomb dropped by another B-17.

Soviet soldiers firing a PTRD anti-tank rifle.

Early days of Operation Barbarossa, Soviet POWs pass by advancing German troops on a railroad bridge near Brest, 1941.

Japanese pilots pose with some natives in front of a Mitsubishi F1M "Pete" float plane.

American POWs on their way to captivity in Tunisia, 1943.

Dead German paratroopers have been loaded onto a truck in Normandy, 1944.

German paratroopers

Hitler, Mussolini and various Axis officers inspecting the interior of Brest Fortress.

The execution of German general Anton Dostler, 1945.

Hanging of the partisan Vladimir Vinogradov for the murder of a German soldier in Vitebsk, Soviet Byelorussia.

American tank driver Julian H. Patrick, KIA in Germany, March 1945.

Piles of dead Red Army soldiers in Kuhmo, Finland at the end of Winter War.

Paratrooper of the Italian Social Republic posing for the camera.

Luftwaffe Heinkel He 111 bomber over Wapping, London in 1940.

Romanian AA gun crew.

Hungarian AA MG.

Japanese soldiers cheer for the camera after capturing Hankou, 1938.

Welcome to pavlovs house

the cause of countless german deaths

the less famous version

the flag was planted before the island was actually captured, they spent another 31 days figthing after the flag was planted

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlov's_House

stalingrad in a nutshell

CNT Militas

if you think the Spanish civil war isnt WW2 youre wrong :^)

>"Get in loser, we're raiding Rommel's airfield."

This is from Die Brücke, a 1959 West German film

the german officers marked the house as a fortress ("Festung") on their maps.

source: my book about Stalingrad.

your post won't matter. that image has been reposted as "authentic" on Veeky Forums since at least 2009. it's basically an internet myth by now.

its an authentic film tho :^)

They could be partisans?

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure it's a modern pic. The earrings are and makeup are the biggest giveaway. No real soldier, even female auxiliaries, are going to give a shit about their appearance in that regard, and certainly not soviet women in the 40's.

SS volunteers from Azerbaijan during the Warsaw rising in '44

Japanese infantry cross The Great Wall of China

Another pic of a Japanese assault on The Great Wall

Are we doing Spanish Civil War too? Cool.

Would definetly like too see some dank spanish cw pics!

I have like 2 more, I'll post 'em

Ok, last pic, I need to find some more :(

Thank you friend !

Here's some pics from the obviously superior Nationalist faction

Victorious Nationalists taking surrendering Republican troops as prisoners

>gets butthurt about his party losing the election
>launches a military coup against the democratically elected popular government, which fails miserably
>proceeds to invade his own country with a foreign army
>only wins because he has legions of foreigners with which to bomb and murder his own countrymen
>creates a brutal military dictatorship which establishes concentration camps and state terrorism
>decades later, he is celebrated as "based" by edgy teenagers on the internet

Not once did I say that Franco or his regime was "based" I was simply praising the Nationalist faction during the war. Stay mad, commie faggot.

>F-franco's faction was based! b-but yeah his regime w-wasn't, I guess...
Full damage control

Honestly I'm gonna have to agree that the Nationalists were assholes. Franco himself even said that he would line up half of Spain and execute them if he needed to. A republican victory would have been the best long-term hope for wider stability in Europe. If the allies hadn't been pussies and had intervened on the Republic's behalf, WW2 would have been very different, if it had happened at all. Fucking fascists.

Going to shoot a couple Russians

maybe if they weren't dirty gommies and anarchists the allies would have supported them

Franco may have been a dick, but the Nationalists were a lot better than the faggot Anarchists and Commie trash who infested the Republican faction.

The Wehrmacht simply would have overrun war torn spain. After WW2 though the allies could have set up a democracy so that spain would have had much fewer time under a dictatorship.

I wonder if those haircuts would be within regs today.

Mirin that dude's forearms.

Well the infighting on the Republican side certainly hurt them, and so did all the Stalinist bs the Soviets brought in. But if fucking Chamberlain had half spine and stood up to Hitler and Mussolini, history would have taken a very different course. Germany in '36/'37 was NOT ready for war with France or Britain, and certainly not both. The Spanish government provided the Allies with mountains of Evidence that there were German and Italian combat personnel fighting in Spain, but they stood by and did nothing. And now history remembers them for there incompetence and lack of decisiveness. GG Chamberlain and Daladier.

No, no they weren't. Not at all.

The Republicans were literally just the Spanish people defending their liberty against foreign invasion.

Republican (Moscow-aligned, communist dominated) Iberian peninsula would have meant German invasion of Spain and Portugal (since the Republicans wanted a united peninsula). A lefty Spain could never possibly have remained neutral, the only reason Spain wasn't occupied is because Hitler viewed Franco as an ally (Franco's Spain joined the anti-comintern pact.)

Basically, if Spain (and then inevitably Portugal) had been invaded by the Germans during the war - which would have been inevitable had the republicans won the war - then three things would have happened:

1. Portugal, which was the last escape route for literally millions of refugees fleeing Nazi Europe, becomes Nazi puppet state/is occupied, ensuring the death of at least thousands of political and ethnic refugees from the Nazis.

2. Germans now control the navy ports of the Iberian peninsula, and most likely Portugal's bases on the Azores too. This gives the Germans an advantage in the Atlantic, not to mention the fact that the Azores - as it happened - ended up as a vital naval base for the allies later on in the war, not just for air-supremacy over most of the Atlantic but also as a stop-off for flights between America and Europe.

3. Germans have strategic control over the entrance to the mediterranean and have a much more powerful position over North Africa. This puts Patin's eventual North-African campaign in to question, not least with respect to maintaining a safe supply chain.

Neutral Spain and Portugal were an absolutely massive help to the allies, mores than if they had joined on the Allied side, since the Wehrmacht would have just curb stomped them.

thats not accurate at all, you realise the population was split roughly 50-50 republican to nationalist?

SS cavalry, let that sink in, my niggas.

Also note the stripped mg-42(?) In the side car

Why does /pol/ always forget how much of an islamboo Himmler was?

bf 109 pilot

newsreels ok? youtube.com/watch?v=xmpag7cWfvk

British paratroopers and four Waffen-SS soldiers who were captured at Arnhem Bridge, 1944.

Grumman F6F Hellcat taking off from the deck of USS Lexington.

>USS Lexington

that tripped me out cause I was like

>wait a minute, the lex got sunk at the coral sea, why the fuck is there a hellcat on it?

then I remembered the essex class

Imperial Japanese Navy Nakajima B5N "Kate" torpedo bomber takes off from the deck of an unknown Japanese carrier during the Attack on Pearl Harbor.

Italian motorcycle trooper getting guided by another Italian soldier somewhere on the Eastern Front. Behind him stands a German military policeman of the Feldgendarmerie.

HMS Campbelltown at St Nazaire after ramming the dock gates of the Normandie dry dock during operation Chariot. Soon after this picture was taken by the Germans, 4.5 tons of delayed-action high explosives packed into Campbelltown's hull went off, seriously damaging the dock gates.

German soldiers pose behind a damaged French Hotchkiss 25mm AT-gun after the fall of France. One of them is wearing a British brodie helmet, while another one has a French Adrian helmet without the crest.