NEW BOOTS THREAD

Are Frye retail prices a meme? Are they worth it? I feel like I see these discounted more often than not. pic related, "Will" lace ups, $358

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/rider-boot-reverso-
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those don't look great.
Friend of mine had the engineer boots which looked pretty nice.

frye generally seems like overpriced chinese malltrash desu

there are tons of options at a similar or lower price with better quality and looks

Mind making suggestions? I'm down to Wolverine and Redwing. All I need to know?

check out redwing merchant

are docs the way to go for a first pair of boots? I can get solovairs shipped to canada but have no clue about sizing and then there's duty+shipping

also looking for suggestions that will go with majority of basic clothes

IN THIS THREAD LET'S HAVE SOME BOOTS + ENTIRE FIT INSPO

need it badly

How do the palladiums pallabrouse baggy fit?

lol my clarkes beeswax desert malis replaced with black laces were 150 and look better

what's a good brand for military style black boots?

Bump for this.

THis

My feet are 27 cm wat do

Well, according to that image which has all this text and directions for you, it says to add 7-8mm (so in your case 27.7 or .8 and then find the closest (larger) to that.

so, pretty much the fifth line down and across.

Fuck, I love being literate.

I know but doc martens look much better when they're a little bit small so I was wondering if it was the same for Solovair

The Great Debate

Which one ?

or

or these.

hi

made in USA?

bump for that

Far right. I got them about a month ago and I'm loving them. I've only worn other shoes when it was raining

How can i make sure that I'm getting what I pay for if i'm buying $300+ boots? i recently got a pair for $200, but they squeak loudly, the store wont accept returns, and they can't be repaired because they're shit.
Should i be researching brands or boot construction? been doing the latter, but i'm lost

Chippewa and Thorogood can be options if you're on a budget

Cool that's the ones I want the most.
What size did you get? And how long are your feet?

delusional
but frye isn't worth retail either

massdrop.com/buy/rider-boot-reverso-
leather-boots?mode=guest_open

Really tempted to try and get in on this because of the slim toebox. But no returns and ordering from the UK is putting me off at the moment.

For the money and general style, I'd just go Redwing. I know Veeky Forums likes to knock on the Iron Rangers because Reddit likes them, but I absolutely love mine.

I bought them to use as actual work boots and wore them in the shop for years, and they were excellent for what I was doing (TIG welding in a motorsports shop), and they look awesome after getting beat up over the years.

Thursday Boots anyone?

I bought new boots today.

The lady said this is the first year they have the "classic" model but with a wool lining. Is this true? I haven't owned a pair before.

I was about to order these but I'm concerned about the sizing. I'm a ten in converse/birks etc and I have a pair of Nike Trainerenders in a size 10.5 but they're a little small. Should I go for 10.5 or 11?

>Thursday Boots
I don't really know a great deal about them other than Reddit GYW throwing a hissy fit when the kickstarter basically lied.

I do like their Captain boots quite a lot though. Slim toe-box boots are ridiculously difficult to find.

Anyone know how these are compared to the Rothco v-maxes? I'm considering buying them, but I'm not sure about the quality and comfyness, also I have no way of trying them on since they don't sell them in Europe

Suggestion???

Opinions on these? General consensus on Floris van Bommel?

yeah where do you even buy AR 607-1 compilant shoes in Europe?
All the good brands (Bates, Danner, Belleville, Tactical Research...) dont have retailer in EU so you have to ship them from US, with shipping that costs almost as much as the boots themselfs, import tax on top of it. fuck that
Even global brands like Nike or Reebok wont have them in here.

>219 eur

i am wearing my stan smiths (not a meme here everyone is wearing superstars) and suddenly it's incredibly cold and snowing

help

i don't know anything about boots because i generally dislike them, where do i even start?
do i have to buy fucking timberlands?

ID on the far right?

how to break in new docs (mono 1461), pls help

Wear them
If you like timberlands, then yes you could in fact, buy them for snowy weather

i don't want to buy timberlands

everything in this thread looks either like something you wear with one of those silly lumberjack shirts or one of those sophisticated adult menswear things

i don't want to carry my things around in a messenger bag or some lumberjack leather thing

You sound underage. I'm not going to help you because you obviously don't need boots if you're going to bitch about how they look, enjoy the snow faggot

Why are you on Veeky Forums if you don't care what your shoes look like? What?

I do care, I'm just not a whiny bitch who cant deal with something I don't love at the expense of not having freezing feet. Plus boots have always been a part of my wardrobe.

>boots have always been a part of my wardrobe

along with your fedora and cane?

There are times where functionality matters most such as with very cold or wet conditions. I will throw style out the window and focus on color combinations when I need to wear boots. I don't want to be slipping all over the place and wear sneakers in icy/snowy conditions.

Okay you're obviously underaged, get the fuck out of here retard

you need to go back to mfa

what was the point of coming to a boot thread, expecting to get spoon-fed and then bitch about how people won't give you suggestions you picky nerd. Just give up on fashion as a whole.

Are there any winter shoes that don't look bad?

Myself I'll probably end up having to buy some boots because of the weather, but I would much prefer something that still looks good

>why do you care what you look like??? give up on fashion!!

>meanwhile i, a tested fashion connoisseur and dadcore enthusiast will ALWAYS put functionality above all else - who gives a fuck what you look like?!

because that's what fashion is truly about

really made me think

What I wear in winter are Chippewa service boots with thick boot socks. Not completely water proof but I'm not slipping around all the time. They look pretty good imo when worn with slim pants, they do look silly with skinny fits if that's what you wear.

Again, you're so obviously underaged it hurts, I'm saying that if you really need boots because its that cold, just use boots that serve your purpose retard

so what you are saying is that you look like fucking garbage, we got it.

yep you got it, have fun slipping around in your Stan's lmao

what kind of backwater bumfuck town do you live that they don't put shit on the streets to make them not slippery?

no wonder you don't feel bad about wearing your grandpas clothes

keep going, you're a fucking riot man

>i am out of arguments

post a picture of your dumb clown shoes so we can all have a laff

Just copped bro

Thoughts on base london?

They're so much of them where I live Chippewas is rare

Name other acceptable brands than redwings and chippewas

just copped these in black with gum sole, did i fuck up?

What the fuck are you even doing?

just trying to get as many (you)s out of you as I can.

yes.

I'm not the guy you replied to with the image but you don't actually tuck in your jeans like that right?

No I saved it from someone on here asking how to wear their Chelsea boots. I thought it was silly

Bro you are fucking retarded

I mean I went through a wigger phase myself where I just wouldn't do with anything vintage but you have taken things to a whole
notha
level

If you really wanna commit to that whole athletic wear shit then wear air force 1 all whites with baggy adidas sweatpants and bombers or some shit like Eminem in D12 videos

lmao

why senpai? i hear they're pretty decent

Anyone?

these are great, wwi/wwii style

lmao calm down kids

cop or not?

nyet. They are cheap shite.

Ruined by the sole. Anyone know of an almost identical pair with a diff sole?

what's a good basic to get if i never worn boots b4 and my feet is only 24.3cms long?

>Floris van Bommel
Sounds Dutch, so probably overpriced crap.

Go back to streetwear and post about your sick fitz, retard.

eastland high fidelity

look like shit

Cop or not?

:(

Post pic

Cheaper alternatives to the Frye Prison leather boots?
I love the look, but I'm too much of a poorfag to pay€358