How can I be Veeky Forums?

Can you recommend some of your favourite outfits, so I can get an idea of how to dress like less of a sperg?

No hipster bullshit, unless it looks good.

I am skinnyfat, and have black hair, I'm also 5 "11 if that helps out.

also
>inb4 learn how to dress yourself fag

Post pics

No, this isn't /soc/

So why'd you make this thread?

To not dress like a sperg, not to post pictures of myself

Then read the goddamn sticky and lurk for inspiration. We can't tell you what to wear, but the sticky will tell you all the basics you'll need.

What do you normally like wearing? Do you look at specific people when you go outside and admire what they're wearing? What kind of stuff do they wear?

OP-san I'm a newfag too but just lurking rn. Just take inspiration from others here and on the street, see what matches you, and try it out. Don't give af about what others think uwu. Look at yourself in the mirror with your fit and ask yourself "do I feel great with this one?"

Read the sticky.
Buy your own clothes.
Avoid graphic tees.
Belt color=shoes color.
look for quality jeans.
Decide what you want to look like.
Lurk for some inspo.

If your really aren't that creative, you can just buy a white tee, some jeans that are not tacky or ragged or decolored and fitted for your arse , brown leather belt and shoes.
Start from there and then replace the tee with a shirt and the jeans for chinos and the shoes for the trend meme and so on.

Get fit cause you'll look like a sperg in anything if your out of shape with your neck hunched over. You said you were skinnyfat so it's safe to say that you probably have shit posture. Being able to carry yourself with confidence is step one.

>Avoid graphic tees.
It depends on the graphic tee, in my opinion, but 90% of them do look like shit.
>Belt color=shoes color.
To an extent, yeah. It only really applies for black and brown shoes, you don't need to go out and get a white belt if you want to wear white shoes.

Thank you, user, but why are you lurking? You seem to blend in quite well

By skinnyfat, I mean that I can pull off looking thin in certain clothing

But when naked, or in tight clothing, I am noticeably chubby

no youre just fat
working out is modern couture
get off your ass, stop shitposting and go for a run
literally learn how to dress yourself, why are you asking other people to dictate your own taste on somebody theyve never even met
the clothes themselves are at most 50% of an outfit, the colour palette, the silhouette, the fit of the clothing are all essential and equally important
dress for yourself not for other people

No, not a chad, never will be, go back to

i dont even browse fit but literally the saint of Veeky Forums himself said "working out is modern couture, stop spending money on clothes and go to the gym"
going to the gym doesnt mean become a chad, there isnt one specific body type that youre going to get
why are you so close minded when youre asking for advice on how to be Veeky Forums

Fair enough, I was a bit of a dick, sorry for that

How dense can you be? You come here asking for advice, and the first most basic thing you can do to look good in clothing is being skinny.

Black sneakers, grey or black socks, black pants and a white shirt. Pair it with a jacket in brown/black/beige in a length that you enjoy. Don't go too skinny or too baggy, the pants should end just above your shoe, the t-shirt or shirt should drop down to just below your waist.

It doesn't get anymore basic than that - No graphic shit as has already been posted, no wierd colors, just stick to a black/white/grey color scheme and work from there.

PS;
Lurk more, it'll pay off.

Also, like my previous reply, fair enough, nice dubs btw

OP, wear chinos instead of jeans if you're over 25 years old. Or even if you're not. They just look better.

If you're trying to dress like a real man and not an autistic twink teenager like a majority of this board, I can help you.

I'm 19, so I probably won't wear chinos, but still, thank you for the advice. I also tend to avoid trends to not look like a normal.

Thank you, user. Please tell me, I don't want to look like a fuccboi.

>They just look better.
That's pretty subjective, but I know what you mean (and I hate chinos). Jeans can really ruin an outfit. He should wear what he wants to.

Please stop with this stupid masculinity bullshit. You sound like an utter asshole.

What do you like wearing? The only way for us to give you advice is if we know what you want to dress like.

Shirts, jumpers, jeans, joggers.

Mostly wear black and white shoes, as they go well with most casual outfits.

Mostly go for plain neutral colours, or red, and blue.

As for coats, I usually wear green or olive, bomber jackets or parkas, for the grunge aesthetic.

But I'm getting tired of looking edgy, and like I'm trying too hard to dress smart.

Tbh most of the sticky is outdated as fuck (it was like that 6+ years ago).

sincerely art of manliness browsing gq aficionado

You don't dress edgy at all. Everyone wears bombers and parkas.

If you want to dress more "grunge", then look at some popular grunge artists and alternative 90s fashion for some inspiration.

I'm looking to experiment with the way I dress, so I don't look like some "90's kid XDDD nurvaner is da best!!!1!!" type, I want to maintain a casual look, without looking like Kurt right before he shot himself, or Chad right after he's fucked Stacy.

So you want to experiment and be casual at the same time? You're going to have to start posting some pictures, because you're really not making any sense.

I know, I think it's best if I just lurk for now, find a look I like, and take inspiration from it.

well said friendo
remember to not emulate, but to be inspired by

I told you to wear chinos and you said you didn't want to, so I'm not sure I can help you. Here are a few pieces of advice:

>Don't wear skinny jeans. You'll look like a faggot and real men and women will make fun of you behind your back.

>Don't wear all black.

>Don't follow trends just because they're popular. If you don't like the look you don't like the look.

>Wear what you think looks good, whether you think this board would like it or not.

>Invest in quality clothing that you won't have to replace every single year. Spending an extra $50 bucks (depends, really) on a pair of slacks can mean the difference between a pair that lasts one year and a pair that lasts five years.

>Invest in a blue blazer and get it altered to fit you. They rarely fit correctly off the rack. The two Ralph Lauren Blazers I've purchased have fit me without needing to be altered so maybe try starting there, but you'll likely need to get whatever you buy altered. They go with nearly anything though and you can also wear it to semi-formal events and job interviews. Plus, they just look good. Other colors are optional, but blue is the standard.

>Another very important thing: learn your measurements. You can have them taken at most department stores. This will help tremendously when buying clothes online, at thrift stores, or just to speed up regular shopping.

>Purchase some basic-colored button downs that actually fit you (remember, know your measurements). If they're too small they look weird and if they're too large they look bad.

>Be confident in what you're wearing. If you're not, it shows.

All of this is probably wasted on you since you refuse to wear chinos for some reason (being 19 isn't an excuse, I've been wearing them since I was like 4). They're more comfortable than jeans and they make you look like you give a shit about your appearance. Jeans are fine and all, but you should at least have a couple pairs of quality chinos.

I bet his boyfriend pegs him with that.