I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep

>I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:11

Why do atheists hate Him? This is not bait, I am genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Judaism/wiki/jesus
storage.cloversites.com/fcfgroups/documents/Why We Believe 7.pdf
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/4_Antipopes.pdf
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/6_noheretic_pope.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE
worldometers.info/world-population/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>He will tend His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 40:11

Yoshka is not the messiah.

You are wrong, He is.

He's alright, the people who think he's god however. Wowee

The ones who do real research *tend* not to believe he thought he was God.

Why haven't you been permabanned yet? More importantly, why do you think I hate the person you think is a deity?

>He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins.”
John 8:23-24

>God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
Exodus 3:14

>Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
John 8:58

Jesus used the same phrase “I AM” in seven declarations about Himself. In all seven, He combines I AM with tremendous metaphors which express His saving relationship toward the world. All appear in the book of John. They are I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51); I AM the Light of the World (John 8:12); I AM the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7, 9); I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14); I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25); I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6); and I AM the True Vine (John 15:1, 5).

Jesus, in response to the Pharisees’ question “Who do you think you are?” said, “‘Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.’ ‘You are not yet fifty years old,’ the Jews said to him, ‘and you have seen Abraham!’ ‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds” (John 8:56–59). The violent response of the Jews to Jesus’ “I AM” statement indicates they clearly understood what He was declaring—that He was the eternal God incarnate. Jesus was equating Himself with the "I AM" title God gave Himself in Exodus 3:14.

If Jesus had merely wanted to say He existed before Abraham’s time, He would have said, “Before Abraham, I was.” The Greek words translated “was,” in the case of Abraham, and “am,” in the case of Jesus, are quite different. The words chosen by the Spirit make it clear that Abraham was “brought into being,” but Jesus existed eternally (see John 1:1). There is no doubt that the Jews understood what He was saying because they took up stones to kill Him for making Himself equal with God (John 5:18). Such a statement, if not true, was blasphemy and the punishment prescribed by the Mosaic Law was death (Leviticus 24:11–14). But Jesus committed no blasphemy; He was and is God, the second Person of the Godhead, equal to the Father in every way.

Explain why he left so many prophecies unfulfilled

reddit.com/r/Judaism/wiki/jesus

He said real research. So I'm assuming he means sources other than the Bible.

The Word became flesh.

That is a historical fact wether you like it or not.

By the power of the Holy Spirit He was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, He suffered, died and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.

He preached for 3 years, was eventually betrayed and denied by His own disciples, then later mocked and killed. Less than 30 years after His death and resurrection His Gospel was preached as far as India and as He prophesied, 40 years after His death and resurrection, the siege of Jerusalem occurred, the city was annihilated and the Second Temple was completely destroyed along with nearly a million jews being slaughtered.

This is true. All of it.

He wasn't just a "preaching carpenter" and you know it.

I don't argue with crazy people. You've never actually proven your claims.

Enough with the copypasta and bible quotes already. You have nothing to back these claims up with other then glorified hearsay and nonsense.

Why do people preach on Veeky Forums. Is this for your own conceit, heaven points? At least mormons go door knocking.

>The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18

I actually do. There is actual PHYSICAL evidence that you could touch which proves His divinity.

The Word became flesh.

As I said, that is a historical fact.

>deleting your post while you get quads
Why are you a faggot?

I dont hate him, i just dont believe he existed.

Likewise i dont hate christians, i just think they're wrong.

But then you miss a very important part of what Jesus was saying.

He was God. But so is everyone and everything else.

>i just dont believe he existed
What don't you believe historical facts?
>wrong
Because?

>>I actually do. There is actual PHYSICAL evidence that you could touch which proves His divinity.

lol no.

You do not.

Include the Muslim world because Islam accepts Jesus as divine and he's the most mentioned person in the Quran (more than the Prophet Muhammad), with the Quran often saying "refer to the bible for X" when referring to certain old and new testament stories.

>He was God. But so is everyone and everything else.
No. >I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.
John 14:6-7

>Why are you a faggot?

Are you a cleric or something?

I actually do.

The "god" of the Qur'an is not the God of the Holy Bible, i.e. God.

>For when God made a promise to Abraham, since He had no one greater by whom to swear, He swore by Himself.
Hebrews 6:13

Pic related, we see that "Allah" does not swear by himself. Instead, "Allah" implies that the stars, the moon, the 'brilliance' of the sun, and a man-made city are greater than "Allah" - the very things he is supposed to have created. He even swears by such menial things as fruits which is not surprising since "Allah" is Satan and in the Holy Bible Satan is described as:
>"the god of this world" (2 Cor 4:4)
>"the whole world lies in the power of the evil one" (1 Jn 5:19)
>"the prince of the power of the air" (Eph 2:2)
>"the ruler of this world" (Jn 12:31)

This thread is about Jesus Christ though so let's not turn it into a discussion about Islam.

>Are you a cleric or something?
No, not really. I'm a Catholic who believes in God and that the Church and weather any storm and that faggots who bitch about traditionalism can bitch but if they say the Pope isn't the Pope or that the Church I'm in is a heresy (which is not, because no dogma change). The Pope is an office. I don't like this Pope like I don't like Obama, or Reagan.

>so is everyone and everything else
lol

You can make all the absurd claims you want, no one on here is ever going to take them seriously, and this other thing here? Where you call another religion basically devil worship? Yeah, no. This is just a fine fucking example of the sorts of problems abrahamic monotheism has brought to the world.

>Where you call another religion basically devil worship? Yeah, no. This is just a fine fucking example of the sorts of problems abrahamic monotheism has brought to the world.
You mean education and bringing Europe into a great system?

Its not an historical fact, there is no evidence for jesus outside the bible, and even if an historical jesus existed, that doesnt prove god, it just proves some dude claimed to be god, how many of those do you think there are today?

>if they say the Pope isn't the Pope
A complete list of the 42 antipopes in Church history:
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/4_Antipopes.pdf

The Catholic teaching that a heretic cannot be a valid pope:
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/6_noheretic_pope.pdf

Do you have autism? Do you have down syndrome? No really, I fucking just said it's okay not to like the Pope. Also, he's probably not gonna be called an "anti-pope"

>devil worship?
Yes!

>there is no evidence for jesus outside the bible
Wrong!

I wasn't talking about vatican political shit, just the annoying tendency of posters like OP to post hysterical tirades about salvation and bible quotes that drown out actual discussion of religion.

It seems like a big waste of time, and is mad gay. Preachers not welcome.

What's with the name-calling?

youtube.com/watch?v=fvjmveYw0tE

No asshole, I mean religious wars and persecutions of people of different faiths. All three of the major abrahamic faiths have done this to one extent or another, and the Greco-Romans had education before christianity ever existed, fuck depending on how you define it just about every society ever has had some form of education and/or training in practical life skills.

>A great system
What system and who is it supposedly great for? I'd rather live in Rome during the pax romana then any part of the middle ages.

Murder the Messiah.
Reject the Kingdom.
Blame the Murdered Messiah for not bringing in the Rejected Kingdom.

Jews.

Don't worry, Jew. He will. And soon. It's called the Second Coming, and the Kingdom Age.

Too bad you won't see it.

You are an autistic asshole who comes here to post bible quotes endlessly. You don't "discuss" anything and it is high time you left.

What's with the fact that everyone needs to accept that he's the Pope. It's fucked up, but he is the Pope. If you turn your heads and scream about how he isn't, it just pisses off the people who just want to get through life. The Pope is shit but he's still the Pope, it's the office, not the person.

So what? A dozen or so "anti-popes" are still in that "unbreakable chain of apostolic succession" that idiots think matters.

You people aren't exactly accurate with second coming predictions. Will this 'soon' be another 2000 years?

You know the board has a religious component, yet you are compelled to participate in religious threads you disapprove of.

The cognitive dissonance is deafening.

>No asshole, I mean religious wars and persecutions of people of different faiths.
And what would your faith be?

All popes are shit. All popes are antichrists. They even push it right in your face. Vicar of Christ. Vicar. Vicarious. In place of, in stead of. In the Greek, Anti-.

Antichrist.

>>Yes!
Oh look, stuff you either made up or got from some stupid website somewhere.

Shut up faggot, no one was talking to you.

Yes we are. We're spot on. We say that no man knows the day or date.

Easy peasy.

Follows Antichrist to Hell.

Is surprised.

>hysterical tirades about salvation and bible quotes
To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ears are uncircumcised, they cannot listen; behold, the word of the Lord is to them an object of scorn; they take no pleasure in it. (Jer 6:10)

Do you really believe that the Bible is Holy?

>You don't "discuss" anything
For example? Are you Christian by the way?

I don't have one.

Religious discussion is one thing, obnoxious spamming of bible quotes in what can only be called a New Testament Bukkake scene is something else entirely.

Probably shouldn't say soon then, since you don't know shit.

>I don't have one.
Why are you such a faggot user?

>Stop liking what I don't like.

Bugger off.

The premise of OP's thread could have been interesting, why do some atheists feel resentment towards christianity, instead it's another Veeky Forums christian roleplaying as a minister.

Normally I wouldn't care but we have even legitimate threads about secular bible history or comparative religion ruined by this preaching type. Even Constantine is a better contributor, Constantine for fuck's sake.

>stuff you either made up or got from some stupid website somewhere
The sources are all provided and they are historical, islamic and from Scripture.

Soon? No, not soon. Imminent.

>For example?
Every. Fucking. Post. You. Have. Made. In. This. Shit. Show. Of. A. Thread.

>Are you Christian by the way?
No.

We'll all try to behave the way you want us to in the future, k?

You know people worship the devil, right?

I'd appreciate that.

>You know people worship the devil, right?
Those are called cultists. They aren't people.

That's a fascinating catch, as God cannot swear by anything higher than Himself, and who swears to anything lower?

>>faggot
Not being religious doesn't make you a faggot.

Fuck you too retard, this assclown is a fucking non-contributor to the fucking board.

We'll get right on it. A memo has been circulated.

Fuck off, kike worshiper. Jesus was a tyrannical Jew just like the rest of the Abrahamic prophets and emissaries. He preached genocide towards non-believers and oppression of non-Semites. Anyone would have good reason to not like him.

Also, this board is for history, not fantasy.

At what point did they stop being people?

And what of those who worship the devil unwittingly?

Anton LeVay was just fucking around, user.

You're adding sooooo much to this thread.

Er, are we talking about the same Jesus?

Pandemonium is nigh.

worldometers.info/world-population/

>Scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming?"
2 Peter 3:3-4

>Not being religious doesn't make you a faggot.
In your eyes, maybe. You're a faggot user.

Oh, wow, he so was not.

Open this pic

Are there satanists? Sure. Most of them are edgy morons looking to piss off their parents. That has nothing to do with a world religion with 1 billion adherents and I say this as a man who despises pisslam with every fiber of my being.

We dont hate him, we just dont believe he was God

Someone made the argument that the claim of Rome to papal infallibility is non-falsifiable; that if the pope did make a mistake, it was just the man who made the mistake, not the office.

But it is the office that makes the man "infallible".

So the claim to papal infallibility is non-falsifiable. When they're wrong, they blame the man. When they're right, they credit the office.

The Church of Satan doesn't actually recognize Satan as a legitimate deity. It's just an edgy atheist club to ruffle feathers.

This thread shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Those muslims worship satan, most of them unwittingly.

Now what?

Tacitus:
talks about christians and what they believe, he doesnt speak of the ressurection nor anything supernatural.

Pliny the younger:
he didnt even knew about christians, thats why he had to ask Trajan about them, he's asking or talking about christians, not christ, he then learned what christians believed and it was describing it in the text he wrote, again he was describing what christians believe, not what the actual christ was, he was relying on hearsay.

Josephus:
known forgery.

Claim #2. also false.

>At what point did they stop being people?
When they get gimmicky shit tattoos, do edgy degenerate shit, you know.
>And what of those who worship the devil unwittingly?
I don't like what you're trying to lead here..

Should you?

There's only one holy book you fucking heretic.

The bible. Talked extensively about how Jesus is God.

>The Church does not espouse a belief in Satan as an entity who literally exists,[10] and LaVey did not encourage the worship of Satan as a deity.[11]

Please.

>I don't like what you're trying to lead here..

Then I'm leading juuuuuuuuuust subtly enough.

How do I know Jesus? Same way everyone who knows Jesus knows Jesus. You enter into a covenant with Him, His Spirit enters into you, voila! A relationship is begun.

True, but it's comprised of 66 separate books and letters.

as you can see in all the evidence you presented is very vague, and even if that was true, it doesnt prove a god-man, even today there are many people that claim to be gods, there is just not enough evidence.

Yes, that's the proof. Everything satanists do and say is a lie.

>That has nothing to do with a world religion with 1 billion adherents
Oh you wish. As I've said plenty of times before, Islam is Satan's magnum opus. What whispered to Muhammad in the Hira cave in 610 AD and made him want to kill himself wasn't Gabriel, it was a demon, a deceptive false angel of light. In case you didn't know, demons to not appear to humans with red horns and physically horrific. Read 2 Corinthians 11:13-15.

Dark times lie ahead of us.

How so? I'm genuinely curious about the non-logic in play here.

>Then I'm leading juuuuuuuuuust subtly enough.
Are you implying that the Church is Satan or Babylon, or whatever the fuck you wanna pull out of your ass? Because I got this really bad feeling that you're going to pull that shit.

You not understanding references does not make them "vague". There's about 20 references outside of the bible to Jesus, some from the most famous historians of all time.

Ever wonder why?

He's an assmad catholic.