Is Fear of God the worst clothing brand ever?

Is Fear of God the worst clothing brand ever?

no
/thread

yes
/thread

as a brand yes.
the clothes not really.
because it is basically a rip off of grunge/ rock fashion and band shirts. mixed with retarded streetwear. with a fucking premium price tag.
so as i said, the brand is cancer, the clothing and style actually isn't or atleast the style and clothing fog is based of.

Man, I fucking HATE when bombers have that orange lining.

Rick Owens

Nothing objectively wrong with the clothes. Just all this butthurt because of the high prices. Jerry has been hustling for years before he had any success.

Yes there is something wrong with the clothes, everything is generic garbage that only r/streetwear users but with their mom's credit card. Everything is cancer from the oversized flannels, to the Metallica shirts, and especially the long tees.

I think I've developed tumors just looking at the picture OP posted

nah

The clothes are fucking ugly, that's what's wrong with them

Yes.

Jerry Lorenzo has zero discipline as he has no design background. He literally used the money he made from his previous job (I think sports agent? wife was/is a stylist) to pay a factory in LA to make samples until he got something he liked - they did the work.

The only reason he's had most of his success is Kanye's cosign on his bomber. Under any other circumstance he would've been absolutely ridiculed not only for his horribly uninventive line/design of just distressed grunge shit that I can tell you from personal experience - even with the markup - is far from worth the money. Without Kanye, nobody would give a single fuck about his whole "collection x" approach - people had the gaul to call it "visionary" because it's trendy to like the brand when in reality people within the industry today still regularly mock his approach and unoriginality.

For the most part, nobody on the inside actually has anything positive to say about his designs, and rightfully so. All he's done is make money on the branding of other bands, which doing so includes their entire history/catalog of work, tours (re: merch), people who worked on the tours/albums/etc and slap his horseshit logo on there and act like he's some kind of wunderkind. But yet he just licenses Metallica's logo and sells out at Pac-Sun.

The dude is an absolute hack, surrounded by yes men and most of his customers are just fuccbois with their parents credit card who just learned about fashion in the last 5 years. He takes himself wayyyy too seriously and has an ego that can only be rivalled by Kanye in its pompousness and narcissism, all under the guise of being "an artist" when all he's done is capitalize on other people's work/design while claiming to be original in any way.

The only thing Jerry is good at is business. Will he make a ton of money? Yeah Is he a valid artist or designer in any capacity? No, and for that reason it's the worst fucking brand ever because it has zero integrity.

absolutely this

>to pay a factory in LA to make samples until he got something he liked - they did the work.
Source? I don't doubt, but I want to know where you got this from.

Yep

The factory is called Fit and Supply. They might stylize it as Fit+Supply or something like that. You can find it in older interviews as well as their own social media from when he was still working with them.

I personally know because I work in fashion in Los Angeles. I see dudes from these circles all the time. Virgil, Don, Jerry, etc - Don C is actually on my floor. Pretty nice guy.

how u get a job like that

By going to school to study fashion design while making sure I diversified my education to exist beyond the scope of fashion/design alone; forming good relationships with my faculty, being fortunate enough to intern in both LA and NY while still in school, but mostly serendipity.

I don't believe in fate or destiny, but I wouldn't be in the position I'm in if it weren't for several chance encounters that changed my life very greatly; not always profound but important nonetheless. Some were entire summers spent interning, some were conversations I found myself having at places with people whose locations and importance I wouldn't fully grasp until later, but I was only able to do so because of the choices that preceded me.

>because it is basically a rip off of grunge/ rock fashion [..] mixed with retarded streetwear. with a fucking premium price tag.
you could be talking about SLP as well

is that u void

Only some of Slp Designs are a rip off. But atleast the quality is good for the high price tag.

wow you've encapsulated my exact feeling towards this guy and his brand into the right words. Thank you.

>same floor as don c
LA market center?
ran into him in the elevator there
super nice guy

But this is only true as it pertains to Hedi's involvement with YSL - and even then, while I'm no Hedi stan, the quality-for-price quotient is much better than anything FoG put out.

Who?

Nah, Apparel Mart. Right nextdoor.

void went to europe f a m

burgers cant into fashion

Void, old trip. He was Veeky Forums best trip of all time.

Can you elaborate on your design experience/schooling? Im interested in studying design in the US but I dont want to go to a shit school that will get me no where. I have a good amount of questions if youre willing to answer them, have an email or IG or something?